View Full Version : Miracles Come Round Here I'm The One You Need/More Love

test

theboyfromxtown
04-28-2015, 11:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31CRCGPP94I

Thank you Billy

marv2
04-28-2015, 11:20 AM
Excellent clip! Always great to see Smokey and the Miracles performing some of the lesser performed songs from their catalogue. I think this was from a program in 1967 that also featured Aretha and Frankie Valli.

theboyfromxtown
04-28-2015, 11:25 AM
It's rare to find a performance clip of Smokey singing I'm The One You Need..which was a huge hit in the UK. He told a group of us in the UK, it is not one of his favourite songs. So whenever he asks for requests at his concerts, I always call for it....knowing full well he will ignore me.....and he does!

marv2
04-28-2015, 12:02 PM
it's rare to find a performance clip of smokey singing i'm the one you need..which was a huge hit in the uk. He told a group of us in the uk, it is not one of his favourite songs. So whenever he asks for requests at his concerts, i always call for it....knowing full well he will ignore me.....and he does!

lol!!!!!!!

Methuselah2
04-28-2015, 01:20 PM
Sensational clip, Tbfxt. A great, gorgeous find. Too, too wonderful. So rare, yet so well done. Many thanks.

BigAl
04-28-2015, 05:19 PM
Come 'Round Here was such a stylistic departure for the group, although I still found it very compelling. It was an HDH composition/production, and that seemed strange to me. It was almost like listening to the Miracles doing a Four Tops song.

Roger Polhill
04-28-2015, 05:34 PM
Thank you John it is one of my favourite Miracles songs. They also performed "Yesterday" and sang "That`s Life" with Aretha and Frankie.The show appeared on 16th. November 1967 and was called "Popendipity"

Sharpmoves
04-29-2015, 09:54 AM
A beautiful piece in every way. Just look at the Miracles' graceful moves! Strange that Smokey doesn't like this song - for me it's iconic. Thank you very much for posting this.