PDA

View Full Version : Supremes ringtones

test

detmotownguy
04-26-2015, 01:08 PM
Not really expecting any comments, but I went to iTunes to buy "Itchin" as a ringtone, however didn't have it. Anyway, as I looked at the available choices, I was disappointed to see 15 options for Sounds of the Supemes ringtone choices. Grrrr just venting!

calvin
04-26-2015, 01:33 PM
It's easy to do this yourself. With Android, just connect the phone to your pc and drag & drop an mp3 file into the "Ringtones" directory. It will then appear among your ringtone choices. Sounds like you might have an iPhone but it should be just as easy.

theboyfromxtown
04-26-2015, 01:40 PM
Calvin...

What's an Android phone. How would I know if I have one

calvin
04-26-2015, 02:03 PM
Android is an operating system, developed by Google, for mobile devices. I only mention it specifically because I have a Samsung mobile running on Android, and that's how it's done. I'd bet that it's the same with a Windows Phone - just drag & drop into the appropriate directory. With an iPhone you might have to get the iTunes software involved... but it still must be easy.

detmotownguy
04-26-2015, 04:04 PM
It's easy to do this yourself. With Android, just connect the phone to your pc and drag & drop an mp3 file into the "Ringtones" directory. It will then appear among your ringtone choices. Sounds like you might have an iPhone but it should be just as easy.

Hi and thanks at the same time! Yes I have an iPhone, just upgraded to the newest iPhone. I is like a microprocessor! I will give it a try tonight. I so much like the rock edge to Itching! The girls just rip right through it. I know this is blasphemous, so no neg [[!) comments, the Baby Love and Symphony type stuff is ok but..... But then again I am one of few who likes Stormy so go figure!
Thanks again

calvin
04-26-2015, 04:15 PM
Hi detmotownguy, I just looked at a couple of websites, it does look more complicated than drag & drop for an iPhone and seems to involve iTunes. But if you just google something like "iphone make ringtone" there are websites that outline step by step what to do. Good luck!

thanxal
04-26-2015, 04:40 PM
Calvin,
There is a free app called Rmaker for iPhone that makes fantastic ringtones. Just follow the instructions carefully. If this board had a place to share the file I would upload it. I cut the first 30 seconds of LILAIIMH from the Funk Brothers set right from the "Woooh". It is an awesome ringtone.

detmotownguy
04-26-2015, 05:46 PM
Calvin,
There is a free app called Rmaker for iPhone that makes fantastic ringtones. Just follow the instructions carefully. If this board had a place to share the file I would upload it. I cut the first 30 seconds of LILAIIMH from the Funk Brothers set right from the "Woooh". It is an awesome ringtone.

You didnt! Lucky dog- such a driving beat. So I know it can be done

RobertZ
04-26-2015, 06:25 PM
As these ringtones are being sold with the name "Supremes", are all the wonderful and talented women who performed as Supremes getting royalties? Most importantly, will Cindy Birdsong receive royalties?

milven
04-26-2015, 06:36 PM
You can convert you mp3's to ringtones using I-tunes. The instructions sound complicated because they over explain the directions. But it is simple after you do one or two

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/02/make-free-ringtone-iphone_n_5901540.html

ejluther
04-28-2015, 04:59 PM
I have a ringtone that I made for myself that some might enjoy [[Extra special kudos to the person who can identify who it is/where it came from) - you can download the MP3 and the M4R versions here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q84h8wg32pkosom/AADwa0Kakur8hMjsj65pGIAva?dl=0

thanxal
04-28-2015, 05:12 PM
Santa Claus just delivered two late Christmas presents here:
1. LILAIIMH
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1264993/Love%20Is%20Like%20An%20Itching%20In%20My%20Heart. m4r

2. Stoned Love
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1264993/01%20Stoned%20Love%20%28A%20Tom%20Moulton%20Mix%20-%20Chorus%29.m4r

Download & Drag to the "Ringtones" tab in iTunes.

detmotownguy
04-28-2015, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the early Christmas gift.

ejluther
04-29-2015, 07:29 AM
Thanks, thanxal!

thommg
04-29-2015, 01:57 PM
I did my own Motown ringtones and it was much easier than I thought. I went on Youtube and downloaded the videos for some Funk Brothers tracks and a couple of other songs. Then, in Real Player, I trimmed them to 30 seconds and saved them as mp3's. I'm on a Droid so I attached my phone to the computer and dropped the new files into my Ringtone folder. Once disconnected, they new ringtones appeared in my choices.

I used:
You Keep Me Hanging On
Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart
and I did one for Bah Bah Bah [[The Supremes) but haven't used it.

Other songs were We Are Family, for all my relations. Doctor's Orders [[Carol Douglas) for my doctors & dentist and Thank You For Being A Friend [[Golden Girl's theme) for my close friends. It is pretty cool to get a call and hear the thumping start of Love Is Like An Itching... begin to play.