PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson Talks To Sky About Her Love Of Vinyl

test

marv2
04-21-2015, 03:13 PM
Looking as gorgeous as ever.............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqSc0yNs3pg

arr&bee
04-21-2015, 07:31 PM
Right on mary[you still fine].

marv2
04-24-2015, 08:23 AM
Right on mary[you still fine].

She was always the prettiest.

Bluebrock
04-24-2015, 10:02 AM
I agree Mary was always the prettiest member of the Supremes but I have to say in my opinion Diana has aged the best these past few years. Just my opinion.

marv2
04-24-2015, 10:17 AM
I agree Mary was always the prettiest member of the Supremes but I have to say in my opinion Diana has aged the best these past few years. Just my opinion.

I disagree. Diane looks at least 10 -15 years older than Mary Wilson in 2015.

Bluebrock
04-24-2015, 11:11 AM
Marv2 - You are entitled to your opinion just as I am entitled to mine and I respect your right to disagree but you are ever so slightly biased in your opinions regarding these two great ladies. I love them both but I do think that Diana is looking wonderful at the moment and I put this down to her being happy in her private life, but I am in no way dissing Mary.

marv2
04-24-2015, 11:22 AM
Marv2 - You are entitled to your opinion just as I am entitled to mine and I respect your right to disagree but you are ever so slightly biased in your opinions regarding these two great ladies. I love them both but I do think that Diana is looking wonderful at the moment and I put this down to her being happy in her private life, but I am in no way dissing Mary.

I am not being biased. I just see what I see and I think the alcohol and drug abuse in recent years has aged Diana Ross.

Bluebrock
04-24-2015, 12:22 PM
Well let us just agree to disagree and move on.

marv2
04-24-2015, 12:23 PM
Well let us just agree to disagree and move on.

Ok let's do that.

Bluebrock
04-24-2015, 12:36 PM
Changing the subject slightly I do appreciate some of the rare performance videos you frequently post. We obviously have a lot in common that we agree on so we will focus on them.Keep them coming please Marv2 and have a nice day.

marv2
04-24-2015, 12:40 PM
Changing the subject slightly I do appreciate some of the rare performance videos you frequently post. We obviously have a lot in common that we agree on so we will focus on them.Keep them coming please Marv2 and have a nice day.

Thank you Bluebrock and you too!

honest man
04-24-2015, 12:47 PM
Poor Mary sure has took over from where Mama Cass left off although still pretty she looks really bloated lately is she back on her ol habit,i wonder.

marv2
04-24-2015, 12:54 PM
Poor Mary sure has took over from where Mama Cass left off although still pretty she looks really bloated lately is she back on her ol habit,i wonder.

She is 71 one and she looks gorgeous!

Crystaledwards
04-24-2015, 01:15 PM
I am not being biased. I just see what I see and I think the alcohol and drug abuse in recent years has aged Diana Ross.

Being equally as bitchy as you, one could make disparaging comments about how your apparent love of food has left you rather bloated and discernibly older looking.

Mary Wilson and Diana Ross look decades younger than their actual age. Then again, both have the means to pay for face fillers and minor nips and tucks.

I recall your former girlfriend Cathy telling me back in 2002 that she was becoming bored with your preoccupation with Diana Ross. Little wonder she disposed of you.

CE

RobertZ
04-24-2015, 03:17 PM
Being equally as bitchy as you, one could make disparaging comments about how your apparent love of food has left you rather bloated and discernibly older looking.

Mary Wilson and Diana Ross look decades younger than their actual age. Then again, both have the means to pay for face fillers and minor nips and tucks.

I recall your former girlfriend Cathy telling me back in 2002 that she was becoming bored with your preoccupation with Diana Ross. Little wonder she disposed of you.

CE
They both do look great [[Diana and Mary, that is ...) and if they have "work" they've had it done well - I think they both look quite natural.

Mark Desjardines
04-25-2015, 04:43 PM
Like Mary, I love my vinyl records as well. However, I must point out that MY vinyl doesn't snap, crackle and pop because I've been very careful with my collection. I have some 2,500 vinyl lps and frankly need more room to get at them properly.

luke
04-25-2015, 09:53 PM
Great find Marv..thx. didn't tenessee williams say mary in league with Elizabeth Taylor per beauty?

marv2
04-25-2015, 09:59 PM
Great find Marv..thx. didn't tenessee williams say mary in league with Elizabeth Taylor per beauty?

Yes he did, but to me, Mary surpasses her because she's stayed beautiful her whole life through all the decades!

luke
04-25-2015, 10:41 PM
Good point!

supremester
04-26-2015, 12:45 AM
I think both ladies look great. I just saw Miss Ross and she is amazing looking in person. Mary has had a face lift, chin implant, nose job and fillers. Ross had a slight nose job 37 years ago - I don't know if she uses injectables.

antceleb12
04-26-2015, 09:48 AM
Why are we focusing on how "pretty" they look? Why does anyone give a crap? What about their music? Nobody talks about whether or not Paul McCartney or Bob Dylan are still attractive - they talk about their music. Let's talk about what matters.

Bluebrock
04-26-2015, 01:49 PM
calm down antceleb12! We talk about the music 99% of the time so can we not just occasionally discuss something else? If you are not interested in this particular thread then don't comment. Have a nice day.

captainjames
04-26-2015, 02:22 PM

CE

Oh my goodness ................................................PR EACH !!!!

antceleb12
04-26-2015, 03:11 PM
calm down antceleb12! We talk about the music 99% of the time so can we not just occasionally discuss something else? If you are not interested in this particular thread then don't comment. Have a nice day.

Bluebrock, that's the thing about discussion boards. You are free to voice your opinion if you do not agree. They are not merely sounding boards for those with the same feelings.

I posted because some people were getting worked up over whether or not someone is pretty or not - something that does not matter.

detmotownguy
04-26-2015, 04:20 PM
Well, I propose that image/looks has always been a part of their persona and maybe as much as the music. I mean these women are 70 plus now. Hell I saw a pic of Mary in sans the wig and she look dammed good. Haven't seen Diane sans the wig. As a young kid I remember my brothers arguing who was the best looking.

But yeah, life isn't about looks alone.

supremester
04-26-2015, 06:23 PM
The image of the group has always been a part of it. Mary Wilson was and remains a very pretty woman - a strikingly, classically beautiful girl in her prime, and way better than her peers in any age group she has joined. Diana Ross is a beautiful woman also - not as much in the classic sense as Mary, but her face has a lot of character and arresting charm that extends her beauty into another realm. Anyone can have a fave, but neither can be described as anything less than attractive.

helga
04-26-2015, 06:58 PM
Hate to say it, they both have had work done. In the early 2000's, Diana had some lines between her brows and under her eyes that can no longer be seen. When she came back in 2004, she had her eyes lifted and she likely uses fillers now, like everyone else. No doubt that Mary has done the same. Our Supreme ladies are still beautiful. Let's celebrate them instead of pitting one against the other.

supremester
04-27-2015, 01:47 AM
The people at MAC swore she's had no lifts. The brow lines are easily corrected with fillers - maybe MAC was lying, but I don't think so. Nose? yes.

Bluebrock
04-27-2015, 05:01 AM
Great description of both ladies supremester!

helga
04-27-2015, 07:04 AM
The people at MAC swore she's had no lifts. The brow lines are easily corrected with fillers - maybe MAC was lying, but I don't think so. Nose? yes.

When she came back in 2004, her eyes appeared to be less wide. In the 60's, she had the big popping eyes, now they no longer have that appearance. It's the sign of a lift.

helga
04-27-2015, 07:08 AM
...or else she really tightened that wig tape. Also a show biz secret that gives the appearance of a face lift without actually getting one.

antceleb12
04-27-2015, 09:45 AM
Of course their image [[the wigs, the gowns, etc.) is part of it, but I think they worked too damn hard for fans to be squabbling about who is the prettiest and who has or has not had work done. For some reason, discussions about female musicians always seem to lead to how good they look "for their age." Case in point - this thread. It began about Mary's love for vinyl and somehow ended up being about whether or not she and Diana had work done.

helga
04-27-2015, 10:38 AM
And it all started with Marv2 bringing Diana Ross into the discussion, as usual, with a negative comment.

Bluebrock
04-27-2015, 11:00 AM
Actually I think I am perhaps more responsible than Marv2. It was me who suggested that Diana was perhaps looking a little better than Mary these days and naturally Marv2 defended his no.1 lady. Both Marv2 and myself agreed to differ but remain on good terms, so in the interests of fairness I think the much maligned Marv2 is innocent here.

helga
04-27-2015, 11:07 AM
That is quite respectable and noble of you, Bluebrock. I am not innocent either, as I went on to suggest that both ladies have had work done. If someone was discussing whether I had work done, I cannot say I would be happy to hear about people judging my appearance. I guess we tend to lose our perspective when it comes to public and celebrated figures. They are real people with feelings too. Although it seems that discussing celebrities' procedures is no longer as much of a taboo subject, as there is a new TV show starting up that is dedicated to the discussion of this very subject. When you are a public figure still in the spotlight after 50 years, I suppose it is a given that you are going to do what you need to do to keep yourself looking fresh. With that said, Diana Ross and Mary Wilson are both very beautiful and look naturally beautiful. I hope I will look as good as them when I reach their age. Those are my final words on the subject.

Bluebrock
04-27-2015, 12:05 PM
Helga - thank you for your kind words. I think we all agree [[well most of us) that both Mary and Diana are beautiful and distinctive in their own way. Both ladies have given and continue to give great pleasure to myself and many others too. Long may that continue!

supremester
04-27-2015, 12:37 PM
It's probably that. Although I'm not exactly sure how it's done, I know it's been used for decades on lookers like Lucy & Marlene. If I get any saggier, I may invest in a wig myself just so I can use the tape to pull it all back.

It's not that I think Miss Ross is too good for, embarrassed by, or some other silliness about the eye lift - it's that I've been told by more than one source I trust that she's deathly afraid of any surgery - especially plastic surgery and won't even consider it.

...or else she really tightened that wig tape. Also a show biz secret that gives the appearance of a face lift without actually getting one.

helga
04-27-2015, 02:53 PM
It's not that I think Miss Ross is too good for, embarrassed by, or some other silliness about the eye lift - it's that I've been told by more than one source I trust that she's deathly afraid of any surgery - especially plastic surgery and won't even consider it.

That could be true, supremester. I remember Diana's UK interview in 2004 and she said that she's joked with her kids about getting a facelift and she laughed about it and said they won't let her get one. I know many drag queens have used the tape under the wig method for years [[RuPaul does it) and they all learned it from the divas.

supremester
04-27-2015, 03:53 PM
I don't get it though - how does it work? Tape what to where?

helga
04-27-2015, 04:37 PM
I don't get it though - how does it work? Tape what to where?

The tape goes across the back/top of your wig net, starting at one ear and ending at the other. The tightness from the piece of tape pulls the excess skin, giving the appearance of a face lift.