PDA

View Full Version : Billie Calvin of Undisputed Truth

test

BayouMotownMan
04-09-2015, 10:14 PM
I've been listening to UT's Motown lps and I was reminded what a great singer Billie was. I know she died a few years ago but so little is known about her.

Perhaps Ralph or some others can share some memories of her. She was a pretty lady and a great voice, so why did she not pursue a solo career. She was not as glamorous as some others at Motown, but she could have been molded into being a lead singer of a girl's group, if not one of the 70's sets of Supremes. Why wasn't more done on her?

Philles/Motown Gary
04-10-2015, 12:58 AM
I've been listening to UT's Motown lps and I was reminded what a great singer Billie was. I know she died a few years ago but so little is known about her.

Perhaps Ralph or some others can share some memories of her. She was a pretty lady and a great voice, so why did she not pursue a solo career. She was not as glamorous as some others at Motown, but she could have been molded into being a lead singer of a girl's group, if not one of the 70's sets of Supremes. Why wasn't more done on her?

BayouMotownMan, I had no idea that Billie Calvin had died. I met her in October 1971 during my Motown tour of the Donovan Building. She, Brenda Evans, and Marv Johnson were getting off the elevator just as I was getting on. All three were very friendly, and were kind enough to step outside so that I could get a few pictures of us with them. Damn! I’m so sorry to hear that. Is there no one left of the Motown alumni? - Gary

johnny_raven
04-10-2015, 02:03 PM
Billie Calvin died in 2007 of heart disease.

ralpht
04-10-2015, 02:50 PM
Wish I could tell you more Bayou, but, other then seeing the group in the building from time to time, I really never got to know them. But I agree, the girl could sing.

alexstassi
04-11-2015, 08:22 PM
She wrote two of my favourite Rose Royce tunes.... "Wishing on a star" and "Angel in the sky"