PDA

View Full Version : "Nightflight" Tue Apr 7, 9P-12M ET: The Wrecking Crew....Part 2!!!

test

midnight johnny
04-07-2015, 03:26 PM
Howdy therehttp://www.circlecinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/The-Wrecking-Crew-poster.jpg Folks! Join me on my radio show "Nightflight" tonight [[Apr 7, 9P-12M ET, www.womr.org [[http://www.womr.org/)) for Part 2 of my tribute to the musicians who played on more hits and more great 60s music than any others...The Wrecking Crew! They played in place of The Beach Boys, The Byrds, Grass Roots, the Monkees, and they backed up Sonny and Cher, all of Phil Spector's tracks, Nancy and Frank Sinatra, Nat "King" Cole, Spanky and Our Gang, The 5th Dimension and so many others! Join me for this celebration of L.A.'s FINEST musicians. Thanks! See you on the radio!~~~John

midnight johnny
04-07-2015, 08:57 PM
....in the studio....Howdy!!!

Mark Desjardines
04-07-2015, 09:42 PM
John, the last few years have been a bumper crop time for fantastic musical documentaries, and you my man, of course are on the cutting edge of filling us in on them! Always good to hear what you play on the radio.

Glenpwood
04-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Evening John!

sorry to be late. Work ran long today. Hope you're well and I haven't missed too much!

midnight johnny
04-07-2015, 09:48 PM
John, the last few years have been a bumper crop time for fantastic musical documentaries, and you my man, of course are on the cutting edge of filling us in on them! Always good to hear what you play on the radio.

Thank you, Mark!!! Did you see the documentary....if not....DO!!!!!!!!

midnight johnny
04-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Evening John!

sorry to be late. Work ran long today. Hope you're well and I haven't missed too much! Late is better than never...glad you're here!!! Of course you missed stuff...i always play the good stuff at the beginning [[*wink)!!

Mark Desjardines
04-07-2015, 09:59 PM
John, I haven't seen the documentary yet, but I will asap. "The Night Has a 1,000 eyes...." Leslie Gore, et all were radio staples in Ottawa to me as a pre teen. But 1964 opened up my horizons......The Beatles, Motown.....The Supremes. What time and what a workout I gave my beloved little red transistor. I think there is still an intent in my left ear! LOL!

midnight johnny
04-07-2015, 10:04 PM
John, I haven't seen the documentary yet, but I will asap. "The Night Has a 1,000 eyes...." Leslie Gore, et all were radio staples in Ottawa to me as a pre teen. But 1964 opened up my horizons......The Beatles, Motown.....The Supremes. What time and what a workout I gave my beloved little red transistor. I think there is still an intent in my left ear! LOL! Mark......yes!!! My transistor almost turned into another appendage!!! Thank God for the Japanese!

Mark Desjardines
04-07-2015, 10:13 PM
John, that Fleetwood recording, "Before And After" was stunning. Very sophisticated and yet "teen dream" pop at the same time. I could hear the late Amy Whinehouse or Adelle performing this and having huge airplay today.

midnight johnny
04-07-2015, 10:23 PM
John, that Fleetwood recording, "Before And After" was stunning. Very sophisticated and yet "teen dream" pop at the same time. I could hear the late Amy Whinehouse or Adelle performing this and having huge airplay today.

Yes! Such an amazing song. Chad and Jeremy do it justice as well as Joanie Sommers! The Fleetwoods....such odd and gorgeous harmonies!

Mark Desjardines
04-07-2015, 10:23 PM
John, couldn't resist posting this. Jan and Dan of course performed on the T.A.M.I Show and here are the lyrics to their opening credits song with a nod to The Supremes!

[[Here They Come) From All Over The World Lyrics

"[[Here They Come) From All Over The World" was written by Barri, Steve / Sloan, P. F..

SUBMIT CORRECTION

They're comin' from all over the word
Hey, everybody, see 'em arrivin'
The greatest stars you'll ever see
Some are flyin' and some are drivin'
From Liverpool to Tennessee
Chuck Berry's checkin' in from St. Lou
He's gonna sing 'Maybelline' and 'Memphis' too
The representative from New York City
Is Lesley Gore, now, she sure looks pretty
Here they come from all over the world
You know the guitar's groovin' so keep it movin'
And come on, come on, come on
They're comin' from all over the world
Can't you just hear everybody singin'
The biggest sound you've ever heard
A-clappin' and a-stompin' while the guitar's screamin'
You better go spread the word
Don't forget the Motor City sounds of the day
The 'Baby Love' and Supremes and Marvin Gaye
The king of the blues, soulful James Brown
The Beach Boys singin', now 'I Get Around'
Yeah, get around, round, round, I get around
You know the guitar's groovin' so keep it all movin'
Those bad lookin' guys with the moppy long hair
The Rolling Stones from Liverpool are bound to be there
Gerry and The Pacemakers, Billy J too
They're all gonna be here to sing for you
From all over the world, from all over the world

Songwriters
BARRI, STEVE / SLOAN, P. F.
Published by
Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group

midnight johnny
04-07-2015, 10:29 PM
John, couldn't resist posting this. Jan and Dan of course performed on the T.A.M.I Show and here are the lyrics to their opening credits song with a nod to The Supremes!

[[Here They Come) From All Over The World Lyrics

"[[Here They Come) From All Over The World" was written by Barri, Steve / Sloan, P. F..

SUBMIT CORRECTION

They're comin' from all over the word
Hey, everybody, see 'em arrivin'
The greatest stars you'll ever see
Some are flyin' and some are drivin'
From Liverpool to Tennessee
Chuck Berry's checkin' in from St. Lou
He's gonna sing 'Maybelline' and 'Memphis' too
The representative from New York City
Is Lesley Gore, now, she sure looks pretty
You know the guitar's groovin' so keep it movin'
Can't you just hear everybody singin'
The biggest sound you've ever heard
A-clappin' and a-stompin' while the guitar's screamin'
You better go spread the word
Don't forget the Motor City sounds of the day
There'll be the lovely Supremes and Marvin Gaye
The king of the blues, soulful James Brown
The Beach Boys singin', now 'I Get Around'
Yeah, get around, round, round, I get around
Those bad lookin' guys with the moppy long hair
The Rolling Stones from Liverpool are bound to be there
Gerry and The Pacemakers, Billy J too
They're all gonna be here to sing for you

Songwriters
BARRI, STEVE / SLOAN, P. F.
Published by
Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group

mark....thanks....watching this intro on Youtube!!!!! Great! THANKS!!!!

franjoy56
04-07-2015, 10:30 PM
Mark......yes!!! My transistor almost turned into another appendage!!! Thank God for the Japanese! hi johnny just got here lovin this groovey stuff , jan and dean did they sing i saw linda yesterday, loved ur lesly gore stuff too. I never got my pledge bill.

midnight johnny
04-07-2015, 10:31 PM
mark....thanks....watching this intro on Youtube!!!!! Great! THANKS!!!!

And tons of clips with DMF that I have never seen before!!!!

midnight johnny
04-07-2015, 10:37 PM
hi johnny just got here lovin this groovey stuff , jan and dean did they sing i saw linda yesterday, loved ur lesly gore stuff too. I never got my pledge bill.

Hi there Franjoy!!! Chris the office manager will send you that bill...I'm sure! Thanks for asking!

texassoul
04-07-2015, 10:39 PM
Aw dang!! Been traveling and I've missed Part 1 & half of Part 2. Cr@p. Howz ya John?

midnight johnny
04-07-2015, 10:45 PM
Aw dang!! Been traveling and I've missed Part 1 & half of Part 2. Cr@p. Howz ya John? Great, Mike! Terrific to see you!!

texassoul
04-07-2015, 11:09 PM
John, sorry if this question has already been asked. Did Phil Spector create The Wrecking Crew as part of his "wall of sound" or were they not connected?

texassoul
04-07-2015, 11:19 PM
John, sorry if this question has already been asked. Did Phil Spector create The Wrecking Crew as part of his "wall of sound" or were they not connected?

Thank you for your answer, John!!

midnight johnny
04-07-2015, 11:20 PM
Thank you for your answer, John!! I hope i didn't complicate it, Mike!!!

texassoul
04-07-2015, 11:52 PM
Fanatastic show, John. So sorry I missed the rest of it. Will have to catch the repeater! Take care.

texassoul
04-07-2015, 11:58 PM
Please don't sing!

midnight johnny
04-08-2015, 09:04 AM
Fanatastic show, John. So sorry I missed the rest of it. Will have to catch the repeater! Take care. Thanks, Mike!!

Glenpwood
04-08-2015, 09:37 AM
Was a great show as always John, loved all the Lesley Gore, 5D's "This Is Your Life" etc. that you played last night! Enjoy your week!

midnight johnny
04-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Was a great show as always John, loved all the Lesley Gore, 5D's "This Is Your Life" etc. that you played last night! Enjoy your week! Thanks a lot, Glen...I appreciate it! Yeah....."This Is your Life" absolutely FLOORS me....each time I hear it!