PDA

View Full Version : Dionne Warwick Arista Fans-Check Out This Upcoming Collection!

test

daviddesper
04-04-2015, 12:24 AM
Many people consider Dionne's Scepter years to be her best work, but for me it was all about the Arista years. Therefore I am mega-excited about a new collection being released later this month. It is a 3-CD set entitled "The Real Dionne Warwick." [[I am sure someone will be kind enough to post a link on here for us.)

Do I already have every song on this collection? Of course, probably as many as 8-10 copies of some of them. But in this particular case, if they had called me up personally and asked me to choose the tracks to be included, I am not sure I could have done a better job.

However, are you ready for this? It does NOT have "That's What Friends Are For." That doesn't bother me but it does seem odd.

Anyway, I just ordered this collection for only $8.34 on the US website for Wow HD, with free shipping. I am sure it will be a simply-packaged product and I am not expecting a booklet or liner notes, but when I am in the mood for some Dionne from the late 70s to early 90s, I will probably grab this set first. Check it out and see what you think of the song selection!

blueskies
04-04-2015, 08:35 AM
How do you find a track listing? I can't find one on Wow HD or amazon?

carlo
04-04-2015, 09:33 AM
The Funkytowngrooves reissues are also worth checking out. Many great unreleased tracks and versions!

daviddesper
04-04-2015, 01:45 PM
Amazon UK and Deep Discount each have the track listings.