PDA

View Full Version : Motown on Itunes from Andy

test

jobeterob
04-01-2015, 11:16 AM
Andy Skurow

March 9 at 5:09pm · Edited ·

Attention Motown fans:
Remastered versions of nearly every Diana Ross, Supremes, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder and Smokey Robinson album are now up at iTunes as MFiT [[Mastered For iTunes) for download. They do not contain bonus tracks, but it anyone needs to fill in or complete their collections, this is a great way to do it. There are more Motown titles on the way later this year. Existing Expanded Editions are also available as standard files [[not MFiT). And for those who have been asking, more Expanded Editions will be coming this year as well. Enjoy!

Susaye Greene, David B. Abbott and 67 others like this.

Mark E. Hamilton I checked i-tunes several times and can't find these. How do you get to them.

March 10 at 9:31am · Like

Andy Skurow When you go to the Diana Ross and/or Supremes pages on iTunes, instead of just looking at the albums, go to the right side of the page and click under the "Artists And More" section. You'll find the new sparkling pages, one for Diana Ross, the other for the Supremes, organized by album type. I'm not sure if it's all up there yet, but check it out. More titles coming soon!

Bokiluis
04-02-2015, 08:14 PM
I notice that her two classic 90s albums are no longer there:
"The Force Behind the Power" and "Take Me Higher".
are they being remastered?

Buttered Popcorn and so forth
04-03-2015, 02:39 AM
The Supremes Sing Country Western & Pop is the stereo mix! The old CD was mono.

Ngroove
04-03-2015, 10:21 AM
Nope, digitial does not count to me. Yes, I know, you guys'll say "Keep up with the times", but I am immovably a physical product guy.

So, even though it feels like FOREVER since Motown USA does much in terms of [[good) Classic Motown CDs, often leaving me to buy imports instead, which believe me, having a CD-sized boxes of "Where Did Our Love Go" or "How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You" are the CUTEST things....don't give up on domestic CDs.

mike_sku
04-03-2015, 10:31 AM
I agree with you, Ngroove. I would much rather have the physical CDs. I've never been much of a downloader...I feel as if I am missing too much.

rovereab
04-03-2015, 01:39 PM
I wish Motown would make more use of this channel of sales by releasing the mono versions of the classic era albums. I would be very pleased to download the mono versions having already bought the physical release of the stereo versions.

soulster
04-03-2015, 04:48 PM
Yawn. Go for CD quality, not lossy.