PDA

View Full Version : A living room acoustic cover of Tracks of my Tears!!

test

rjj tszyu
03-18-2015, 11:49 AM
Hi, I'm new to this forum but I have a lot of love for Motown and have always struggled to find many like-minded people to discuss one of my favourite genre's of music with, so hopefully now I have found this place that will all change.

One of my favourite Motown songs has always been Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - Tracks of my Tears and just lately myself and a friend of mine have been performing it at an open mic night we host on thursday nights.

The music that is usually played tends to feature more around pop and rock [[which I have no problem with), but we decided to see how throwing the Miracles classic in would go down and I am pleased to say it went down very well indeed!!

Anyway last night we began running through a few songs with just an acoustic guitar to prepare for a charity gig we are playing at and in which we intend to throw another couple of Motown classics into. We used a mobile phone camera [[hence the not so brilliant quality) and recorded our own version and uploaded it to youtube.

Here is the result....

https://youtu.be/lb79ArQihAg

I hope it is enjoyed by you Motown fans on here!!