PDA

View Full Version : "T.C.B."/"G.I.T. On PBS???

test

Bokiluis
03-17-2015, 09:04 PM
I recently wrote KQED, the San Francisco PBS station about airing "T.C.B."/"G.I.T" as a fundraiser for Black Music Month in June.

Unfortunately, they wrote back and said that NBC owns both specials and showed no interest in selling or soliciting either specials.

Really disappointing that NBC would pass on an opportunity. I guess it may have to possibly do with the rumored multiple owners/producers of these specials.

Those specials are the near perfect demo for Public television. Younger music fans should be aware of these groundbreaking specials. It has historical, as well as, entertainment value.

Cadeho
03-17-2015, 11:35 PM
This is sad to hear. I guess NBC needs to be petitioned. I've always thought it'd be great to re-release the albums with the dvds.

supremester
03-18-2015, 02:23 AM
I don't think NBC owns them, I believe Motown owns them and perhaps George Schlatter might have a piece. NBC bought the rights to show them, but a financial interest? Hmmmmmmmmm............
I'd love to see TCB cleaned up and aired or on DVD, howver I think GIT, for quality reasons, belongs on CD only as the visual production [[save the clothes) is horrendous.