PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross & Her Husband Interviewed in Norway

test

jobeterob
03-12-2015, 07:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbzob_947Oc&feature=share

Methuselah2
03-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Very nice to hear Diana talk about some things that haven't been addressed before [[as far as I know). She seemed very open to doing it, so the interview had a lot of interest to me. Thanks very much for posting, Jobeterob.

midnight johnny
03-12-2015, 08:12 PM
Well, Rob....thanks so much for such a wonderful interview. I don't think I've ever heard Diana so forthcoming and down to earth. And it's nice to have a fresh thread.

milven
03-12-2015, 08:46 PM
Very nice interview. It continues in part two here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMgzVvbkE0s

milven
03-12-2015, 08:58 PM
Poster said that he will upload part three this weekend

midnight johnny
03-12-2015, 10:31 PM
Poster said that he will upload part three this weekend Thanks a lot, milven!!

jobeterob
03-12-2015, 10:55 PM
She has always been more forthcoming with the European press, far more than the American press.

Roberta75
03-13-2015, 12:38 AM
Real nice interviews jobeterob and milven i cant wait for the third video. i think Arne Naesse was the true love of Dianes life.

Thank you.

Fondly,

Roberta

Philles/Motown Gary
03-13-2015, 01:52 AM
Thank you, jobeterob and milven. Enjoyed these Diana videos very much. Looking forward to Part 3. - Gary

Jaap
03-13-2015, 05:43 AM
wow, very interesting to hear Ross say explicitly:"[In interviews] I don't like to talk about political questions, I don't like to talk about religious questions, and I don't like to talk about racial questions".

theboyfromxtown
03-13-2015, 08:05 AM
Good find Rob!

lol

jobeterob
03-13-2015, 12:14 PM
What would I do without my "informants"~

I agree with Roberta that Diana seemed very happy with Arne. It also shows us that no matter who we are, how much we achieve in terms of success and money ~ life always has its ups and downs. I'm sure for Diana, the divorce and Arne's subsequent passing were low points.

It remains remarkable that of all the children of stars, Diana's seem to be among the most successful. I don't believe that any of her Motown colleagues achieved that kind of success.

theboyfromxtown
03-13-2015, 07:12 PM
Didn't Cuba Gooding's son do well?

jobeterob
03-13-2015, 07:49 PM
A few did well! But not many and for every one that does well, 100 others don't do much and if there names are raised, feelings are hurt.

theboyfromxtown
03-14-2015, 09:16 AM
Some are still trying.

jobeterob
03-14-2015, 11:26 AM
They have privilege and special challenges.

Bokiluis
03-14-2015, 04:35 PM
That scene from "Lady Sings the Blues" still gives me chills. It's funny you hardly ever see "Cabaret" listed in television guides. But "Lady" is still around.
I remember loving "Cabaret". But then came "Lady" and there was no comparison. In fact, if you Google The Decider today, there is an article stating that Liza was miscast as Sally Bowles. I wouldn't agree with that. But she gave the nearly same performance in her first film "The Sterile Cuckoo".
I think most Diana fans were shocked about losing the Oscar.

Bokiluis
03-14-2015, 04:51 PM
Thanks again for posting.

Bokiluis
03-14-2015, 05:02 PM
wow, very interesting to hear Ross say explicitly:"[In interviews] I don't like to talk about political questions, I don't like to talk about religious questions, and I don't like to talk about racial questions".

Ah, but this no joke. I was in London in the 90s and came across a Diana interview on Sky. She spoke about O.J. and the Michael Jackson case. She candidly stated that she thought O.J. was guilty and that she kept Michael away from her boys. When I got home to New York, I ordered the interview from a clipping service.......and those 2 things mysteriously were edited out. I could only surmise that she had decided to have them edit. But I have no proof since it was gone.
Now both Tracee and Evan said that they spoke to Michael often. So there it is. If I was jet lagged and had somehow imagined it, I still have a Sky interview that few fans in America know about. Go figure.

jobeterob
03-14-2015, 05:08 PM
The only public political comment I can remember Diana making about Michael Jackson was that she prayed that some of what she'd been told wasn't true.

And she probably wished she had never said that.

Bokiluis
03-14-2015, 06:03 PM
The only public political comment I can remember Diana making about Michael Jackson was that she prayed that some of what she'd been told wasn't true.

And she probably wished she had never said that.

We'll probably never know why she chose not to attend any of the memorials. But there obviously was a deep love there. I just purchased a CD single of "Remember the Time"[[Dedicated to Diana Ross). May he rest in peace. He brought so much enjoyment to millions. Like she said in the interview, just enjoy the music and entertainment. The rest is for them both to keep for themselves.

stephanie
03-14-2015, 10:54 PM
Good interview. I didnt know that she only had one cameraman who stayred during the Central Park concert.

milven
03-15-2015, 11:31 AM
And here is the third, and final part of the interview. She is refreshing and candid and comes across as less guarded than she does in most of her other interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQcYrxd9V5g

jobeterob
03-15-2015, 11:52 AM
Arne was a good man obviously. She was lucky to have found him and he her.

stephanie
03-23-2015, 11:02 PM
She was in LOVE with this guy, they seem comfortable with each other. Good to see this.

marv2
03-23-2015, 11:40 PM
Arne was a good man obviously. She was lucky to have found him and he her.

Interesting that he wasted no time starting another family after he left her.

milven
03-24-2015, 12:13 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM

Roberta75
03-24-2015, 12:34 AM

Not as interesting as you posting a photo of Dianes ex husband and his girlfriend. Lol lol lol

youre real Real I nfatuatted with Diane Ross.

Roberta 

Roberta75
03-24-2015, 12:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM

Hehehehehehehehehe a real good memory from laugh in.

Fondly,

Roberta

thomas96
03-24-2015, 01:09 AM
Not as interesting as you posting a photo of Dianes ex husband and his girlfriend. Lol lol lol

youre real Real I nfatuatted with Diane Ross.

Roberta 

You seem real infatuated with marv...

jobeterob
03-24-2015, 02:54 AM
I saw someone named Marvin Davis on Facebook with Diana Ross pictures plastered all over! Is he the same and one or one and the same? I started to wonder!

Roberta75
03-24-2015, 07:49 AM
You seem real infatuated with marv...

Im not fascinated in any way shapes or forms thomas 96 Im real real amused by someone who seem to spend so much time and energy on a woman [[Diane Ross) that he dont like. lol

Have a lovely day.

Roberta

Roberta75
03-24-2015, 07:50 AM
I saw someone named Marvin Davis on Facebook with Diana Ross pictures plastered all over! Is he the same and one or one and the same? I started to wonder!

Hehehehehehe

Roberta

captainjames
03-24-2015, 08:36 AM
They were truly in love with each other as you can tell and Love is Grand. They produced two loving kids and both were boys. I believe all the kids are friendly to each other. Honestly, I never knew what she saw in him but that's why they call it LOVE.

Roberta75
03-24-2015, 08:56 AM
They were truly in love with each other as you can tell and Love is Grand. They produced two loving kids and both were boys. I believe all the kids are friendly to each other. Honestly, I never knew what she saw in him but that's why they call it LOVE.

They sure did produce 2 beatiful sons. Oh i can see it captainjames. Arne Naess could lower my lamp any night lol. He had the europpean charm and he climb mountains and was handsome. Id have fallen fr him if id bumped into him at my local Walmart in Panorama City lol

Roberta

jobeterob
03-24-2015, 11:12 AM

Love that.

Never really thought about it; but they probably were an odd couple.

But he was her man, for sure.

LuvHangOva
03-25-2015, 11:57 PM
Thank you both for sharing the incredible videos. I had never heard Arne speak and I don't remember ever seeing or hearing Diana being so fluid and unguarded with her responses. Thanks again!!