PDA

View Full Version : Aretha Franklin DVD's

test

copley
08-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Can anyone please tell me what tracks are on 'Aretha Franklin - In Performance' and what year it's from? Also apart from that and 'The Queen of Soul- Live from Chicago' are there any other concert DVD's by Aretha?

Thanks

reese
08-08-2010, 08:40 PM
The only Aretha concert dvd that I know of is the LIVE AT PARK WEST and its bootleg version LIVE FROM CHICAGO.

Her 2004 return to LA shows were filmed for dvd release, but they never came out.

nomis
08-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Arista i felt was slow on the ball with DVD releases - For years there was only one Whitney release.Sure a Aretha dvd isnt going to sell in the Houston numbers but theres a market for a couple of Live dvds.Patti and Luther dvds did steady numbers.
Arista 25th anniversary dvd has a great Aretha segment..but I thought Clive would have done more..

phil
08-09-2010, 05:25 AM
Copley, here are the titles : PERDIDO RESPECT/YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE A NATURAL WOMAN NOTHING LIKE THE REAL THING ROCK STEADY LA VIE EN ROSE IMPRESSIONS MEDLEY SINGIN IN THE RAIN DR FEELGOOD TOUCH ME UP THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL BONUES TV APPEARANCES ROCK STEADY YOU AND ME RESPECT IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO

I saw them on this link, where there are more Aretha's DVD's : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aretha-Franklin-Performance/dp/B002Z1R4X8

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51KngfsPTOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

copley
08-09-2010, 05:32 AM
Thanks very much for all your help.

reese
08-09-2010, 07:46 AM
The majority of the dvd is from a concert in France in 1977. The bonus material might be from Flip Wilson and The Midnight Special.

carlo
08-09-2010, 11:25 AM
For years there was only one Whitney release.

As far as I know, there's still only one official Whitney DVD release from Arista, which is the Greatest Hits DVD, containing her music videos and a few bonus clips. There's also a DVD that comes with the 25th Anniversary Edition of her debut album [[it contains several videos). Then of course, there are her movies. There are two concerts out there on DVD, Welcome Home Heroes from 1991 and Live in South Africa from 1994, but both of those are not official releases. They are bootlegs. It's a shame.

reese
08-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Whitney also had a dvd video single released that had FINE and IF I TOLD YOU THAT [[with George Michael).

The WELCOME HOME HEROES concert was very good. It was officially released on vhs home video, but its a shame it hasn't made it to dvd. I found her South Africa concert, and later the Classic Whitney concert from DC, to be drawn out and lackluster.

phil
08-09-2010, 01:01 PM
About Aretha Franklin, here is 20 mns of a show she did at the Olympia [[Paris) in 1971 : http://www.ina.fr/video/I00006291/aretha-franklin-a-l-olympia.fr.html

Enjoy ! :)

carlo
08-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Whitney also had a dvd video single released that had FINE and IF I TOLD YOU THAT [[with George Michael).

The WELCOME HOME HEROES concert was very good. It was officially released on vhs home video, but its a shame it hasn't made it to dvd. I found her South Africa concert, and later the Classic Whitney concert from DC, to be drawn out and lackluster.

You're right, Reese. She does have a few DVD singles, like the special edition of Just Whitney comes with a bonus DVD, which contains a music video as well. But you would think more of her stuff would be released by Arista, especially the concerts. I have Welcome Home Heroes on VHS. Hopefully one day they'll release one of her past concerts as a live album.

nomis
08-09-2010, 06:14 PM
i loved that washington concert Reese,would love to see that on DVD.

carlo
08-09-2010, 09:43 PM
I would love the Washington concerts on DVD too [[the Classic Whitney specials). Nomis, I've sent you a message! :D

nomis
08-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks carlo i got your message and replied,bear with me getting my head around all this new flash tech,Hope you got the reply.cheers