PDA

View Full Version : The Only Adult In The Room

test

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

stephanie
09-21-2011, 12:25 AM
Ms M the rethughs are wearing people down so many lies that I think the dems are getting tired. Some of them feel that they ar losing because they are not getting their point across. Know that your postings are not being ignored and people aer reading them whether they comment or not. I am so glad you showed a great example of using social media.

ms_m
09-21-2011, 12:29 AM
In that case Stephanie, I'm glad I'm not a Dem.... Cause I'm fired Up and Ready To Go!:)

...and didn't realize a new page was so close at hand so, I need to re-post my last offering.

ms_m
09-21-2011, 12:30 AM
It boggles the mind when I hear people say President Obama is the worse president ever , he hasn’t done anything or he has no spine and is weak…..Hell…if a person of that description can accomplish the following….I wish there were more like him

“The campaign for some form of universal government-funded health care has stretched for nearly a century in the US On several occasions, advocates believed they were on the verge of success; yet each time they faced defeat.”

http://www.pnhp.org/facts/a_brief_history_universal_health_care_efforts_in_t he_us.php?page=all

And then, along comes an obscure first term US Senator, who defeated the wife of a popular former president, a popular, long term senator, and in 2009 was sworn in as President…the first Black President of the United States.....

His first MAJOR piece of legislation is what?...... Universal Health Care....

He also stopped the bleeding of the worst economic recession since the great depression

Saved the collapse of the American automotive industry

Shifted the focus of the war from Iraq to Afghanistan and gave the order to take out Bin Laden

Appointed the first Latina to the Supreme Court

Authorized construction/opening of additional health centers to care for veterans

Closed offshore tax safe havens

Ended media “blackout” on war casualties; reporting full information

Ended previous policy of awarding no-bid defense contracts

Ended previous policy of cutting the FDA and circumventing FDA rules

Ended previous practice of forbidding Medicare from negotiating with drug manufacturers for cheaper drugs; the federal government is now realizing hundreds of millions in savings

Ended previous policy of not regulating and labeling carbon dioxide emissions

Ended previous policy of offering tax benefits to corporations who outsource American jobs; the new policy is to promote in-sourcing to bring jobs back

Ended previous policy on torture; the US now has a no torture policy and is in compliance with the Geneva Convention standards

Ended previous practice of protecting credit card companies; in place of it are new consumer protections from credit card industry’s predatory practices

Ended previous “stop-loss” policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan longer than their enlistment date

Implemented a program whereby energy producing plants must begin preparing to produce 15% of their energy from renewable sources

Established a National Performance Officer charged with saving the federal government money and making federal operations more efficient

Established a new cyber security office

Expanded the SCHIP program to cover health care for 4 million more children

Expanding vaccination programs

Made sure families of fallen soldiers receive expenses

Provided the Department of Veterans Affairs [[VA) with more than $1.4 billion to improve services to America’s Veterans.

Established Federal support for stem-cell and new biomedical research

Established funds for high-speed, broadband Internet access to K-12 schools

Immediate and efficient response to natural disasters

Launched Business.gov – enabling conversation and online collaboration between small business owners, government representatives and industry experts in discussion forums relevant to starting and managing a business. Great for the economy.

Improved housing for military personnel

Donated his $1.4 million Nobel Prize to nonprofits.

Increased pay and benefits for military personnel

Increased student loans

Instituted a new policy on Cuba, allowing Cuban families to return “home” to visit loved ones

Provided tax credits to first-time home buyers through the Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009 to revitalize the U.S. housing market.

Cracked down on companies that deny sick pay, vacation and health insurance to workers by abusing the employee classification of independent contractor. Such companies also avoid paying Social Security, Medicare and unemployment insurance taxes for those workers.

Protected 300,000 education jobs, such as teachers, principals, librarians, and counselors through the Recovery Act that would have otherwise been lost

His Children’s Health Insurance Re-authorization Act on February 4, 2009, provides quality health care to 11 million kids – 4 million who were previously uninsured.

Lowered drug costs for seniors

Made more loans available to small businesses

Signed the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act, the first piece of comprehensive legislation aimed at improving the lives of Americans living with paralysis

Negotiated deal with Swiss banks to permit US government to gain access to records of tax evaders and criminals

Is phasing out the expensive F-22 war plane and other outdated weapons systems, which weren’t even used or needed in Iraq/Afghanistan

Provided tax credit to workers thus cutting taxes for 95% of America’s working families

Provided attractive tax write-offs for those who buy hybrid automobiles.

Returned money authorized for refurbishment of White House offices and private living quarters

Sent envoys to Middle East and other parts of the world that had been neglected for years; reengaging in multilateral and bilateral talks and diplomacy

Signed national service legislation; expanded national youth service program

Signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act

Gave the order that ensured the successful release of US captain held by Somali pirates;

Increased US Navy patrols off Somali coast

Negotiated the release of 6 Israeli’s in Egypt

….and I will be happy to post more upon request;)

ms_m
09-21-2011, 12:44 AM
On September 16, 2011, at Thomas Jefferson High School in Alexandria, Virginia, President Obama signed the American Invents Act. This bill amends federal patent law to define the "effective filing date" of a claimed invention as the actual filing date of the patent or the application for patent containing a claim to the invention, replacing the current "first to invent" system with a "first inventor to file" system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJVRqpHRWZs

ms_m
09-21-2011, 01:55 AM
This is fun and I’m on a roll so I thought I'd post a few more….

Implemented new regulations on power plants, factories, and oil refineries to limit greenhouse gas emissions and curb global warming.

Lifted restrictions on embryonic stem cell research.

helped repair badly damaged relationships with foreign powers across the world from Russia to Europe and reached out to the Arab world.

Appointed two Supreme Court Justices [[one previously mentioned)

met with 47 presidents in a 3 day nuclear summit to lower the nuclear weapons count with a treaty signed between US and Russia, putting the world back on a path to reducing nuclear warheads

Reversed ban on federal funding to foreign organizations that allow abortions

Implemented education reforms

signed the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, which, for the first time, gave the U.S. Food & Drug Administration the authority to regulate the manufacturing, marketing, and sale of tobacco.

Developed stimulus package, which includes approx. $18 billion for nondefense scientific research and development

Increased minority access to capital

Tax credits for up to 29 million individuals to help pay for health insurance

Expansion of Medicaid to all individuals under age 65 with incomes up to 133 percent of the federal poverty level

Require health insurance plans to disclose how much of the premium actually goes to patient care

Significantly increased funding for the Violence Against Women Act

Expanded hate crime law in the US to include sexual orientation through the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act

Signed financial reform law requiring lenders to verify applicants' credit history, income, and employment status

Signed financial reform law prohibiting banks from engaging in proprietary trading [[trading the bank's own money to turn a profit, often in conflict with their customers' interests)

Signed financial reform law allowing shareholders of publicly traded companies to vote on executive pay

Extended Benefits to same-sex partners of federal employees

Created more private sector jobs in 2010 than during entire Bush years

Voluntary disclosure of White House visitors for the first time in US history

Signed New START Treaty - nuclear arms reduction pact with Russia

Increased average fuel economy standards from 27.5mpg to 35.5mpg, starting in 2016

10 pages of executive orders [[http://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/executive-orders) [[a few may be overlaps from what I’ve already posted) and I can not believe I missed the repeal of DODT

ms_m
09-21-2011, 02:27 AM
…even I am astonished there are more but for now, I’ll leave you with this

The Obameter Scorecard
• Promise Kept 145
• Compromise 43
• Promise Broken 46
• Stalled 70
• In the Works 202
• Not yet rated 2

Let's keep im mind these things have taken place while..

faux scandals are being perpetrated from the opposition [[that can be easily debunked)

obstruction of Presidential appointments by Congress

all the push back from both sides of the isle, lies, slurs...

...but he takes a licking, keeps on ticking and continues to fight for the American people...

not bad for someone who it's said, hasn't done anything, is without a spine and weak...but hey...whatever gets you through the night.:)

ms_m
09-21-2011, 02:41 AM
BTW Stephanie, don’t buy into the hype.

President Obama continues to have a legion of supporters and he’s raised 86 mil [[http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-raised-86-million-2012-election-effort-130027481.html) [[probably more by now) and there are still about 14 months left before the election

When you do happen to run across a weary Dem, tell them they should get involved and fight back!
[[http://www.barackobama.com/get-involved)

marv2
09-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Ms M the rethughs are wearing people down so many lies that I think the dems are getting tired. Some of them feel that they ar losing because they are not getting their point across. Know that your postings are not being ignored and people aer reading them whether they comment or not. I am so glad you showed a great example of using social media.

Stephanie true, the Re-Thugs aka Republicans are in full force with the lying and sloganeering [[what is this "Class Warfare" really all about?). However, Obama came out swinging hard this week and I only hope the rest of the Dems get behind him and really fight back for a change.

marv2
09-21-2011, 09:29 AM
BTW Stephanie, don’t buy into the hype.

President Obama continues to have a legion of supporters and he’s raised 86 mil [[http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-raised-86-million-2012-election-effort-130027481.html) [[probably more by now) and there are still about 14 months left before the election

When you do happen to run across a weary Dem, tell them they should get involved and fight back!
[[http://www.barackobama.com/get-involved)

Exactly! They are starting to do that here with the protests on Wall Street.

ms_m
09-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Marv I could be wrong but I doubt if Anonymous Hack/Activists are supporters of President Obama...but you never know. :)

ms_m
09-21-2011, 10:18 AM
You should fight back as well Marv....this concerns all Americans even more than the folks in Washington.
Call and or email your Senators and Reps and tell them to Pass The Jobs Bil!

ms_m
09-21-2011, 06:36 PM
BREAKING: House GOP Votes Down Resolution Containing Disaster Relief Funds It Promised Not To Hold Hostage
By Travis Waldron on Sep 21, 2011 at 6:04 pm

With just more than a week until the government’s spending authority ends, the House’s continuing resolution failed 195-230 today, as 48 Republicans broke with party leadership to vote down the measure that would have kept the government functioning through mid-November had the Senate passed the same version. The resolution had been expected to pass easily.

Republican opposition was based on House Majority Leader Eric Cantor’s [[R-VA) attachment of $1 billion in disaster relief funds in the wake of Hurricane Irene and other natural disasters, which Republicans, including Cantor, had demanded be offset by spending cuts in other areas. Last week, Cantor promised that no one in the House Republican caucus would hold disaster relief hostage over spending cuts — an assertion that today’s vote has apparently proven false. Democrats opposed the offsets Republicans did find, which targeted funding for energy efficienct vehicles. A bipartisan Senate majority approved $7 billion in disaster relief funds last week.

The House GOP brought the government to the brink of shutdown in April, when a last-minute deal with Democrats ended in a six-month spending bill that expires next week. It appears they’re doing it again.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/09/21/325393/breaking-house-gop-votes-down-resolution-containing-disaster-relief-funds-it-promised-not-to-hold-hostage/

ms_m
09-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Do informed voters make better choices? Not necessarily.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Knowledge is power -- except maybe when it comes to voting on ballot initiatives. Then it doesn't seem to matter so much.

That's the conclusion of an intriguing new study, "The Dilemma of Direct Democracy," by researchers Craig Burnett of the University of California at San Diego and Elizabeth Garrett and Matthew McCubbins of the University of Southern California. In exit polls after the 2008 election, they asked 1,002 voters in San Diego how they had voted on Proposition 7 -- a measure that would have required public utilities to generate at least half their energy from renewable sources by 2025. They also asked about the basic facts of the initiative, whether in general voters preferred that utilities produce more renewable energy and whether they knew if gas or electric companies had opposed or supported the initiative.

"Surprisingly, we discover that knowledge does not matter," the authors write. Regardless of whether voters were familiar with the facts of the initiative or knew the utility companies' positions, they tended to cast their votes in a manner consistent with their own underlying preferences. "We find no support for the expectation that better-informed voters . . . are more likely to make reasoned decisions than those who are, by our measure, uninformed," the researchers write.

More:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/02/AR2010040202838.html

Several things about this disturb me. If you don't seek the knowledge you're going to make decisions and form opinions based on inaccuracies.

Even with knowledge too many will allow their emotions to empower them.

...and the band played on...

shrugs

ms_m
09-21-2011, 08:34 PM
BREAKING: House GOP Votes Down Resolution Containing Disaster Relief Funds It Promised Not To Hold Hostage
By Travis Waldron on Sep 21, 2011 at 6:04 pm

With just more than a week until the government’s spending authority ends, the House’s continuing resolution failed 195-230 today, as 48 Republicans broke with party leadership to vote down the measure that would have kept the government functioning through mid-November had the Senate passed the same version. The resolution had been expected to pass easily.

Republican opposition was based on House Majority Leader Eric Cantor’s [[R-VA) attachment of $1 billion in disaster relief funds in the wake of Hurricane Irene and other natural disasters, which Republicans, including Cantor, had demanded be offset by spending cuts in other areas. Last week, Cantor promised that no one in the House Republican caucus would hold disaster relief hostage over spending cuts — an assertion that today’s vote has apparently proven false. Democrats opposed the offsets Republicans did find, which targeted funding for energy efficienct vehicles. A bipartisan Senate majority approved $7 billion in disaster relief funds last week.

The House GOP brought the government to the brink of shutdown in April, when a last-minute deal with Democrats ended in a six-month spending bill that expires next week. It appears they’re doing it again.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/09/21/325393/breaking-house-gop-votes-down-resolution-containing-disaster-relief-funds-it-promised-not-to-hold-hostage/

ms_m
09-22-2011, 12:28 AM
ObamaCares: 1 million more young adults insured in first 3 months of 2011
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 | Posted by Deaniac

Remember how I told you last week that health reform has helped 500,000 additional young adults to get health insurance in 2010? Scratch that. Add another million to it. One million.

That's right. The report last week was based on Census data as of 2010. And now the CDC has released data that just in the first three months of 2011, one million more young adults 19-25 have joined the rolls of the insured [[that's a full 3.5 percentage point drop in just three months, from 33.9% of young adults uninsured to 30.4%), thanks to the provision in the Affordable Care Act [[also known as ObamaCare, heck to the yeah!) that allows young people up to age 26 to remain on their parents' insurance plan. This reduced the number of young adults without insurance from 10 million to about 9 million. In three months.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h74/mmandmusic/6170722858_c0e9264481.jpg

More:
http://www.thepeoplesview.net/

ms_m
09-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Vote on House spending bill reveals John Boehner’s lack of control

House Republicans tried a fresh strategy Wednesday night: Go it alone on a spending bill.

The result was an embarrassing setback.

Wednesday night’s rank-and-file rebuke of GOP leadership — with 48 Republicans bolting on a temporary spending bill — underscored the fact that the House Republican majority is still struggling to find unity on major spending bills. It also showed they still need Democratic votes to help them govern.

More:
Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/64102.html#ixzz1YgfD8RtB

If anyone doubted the TP were in charge this should remove all doubt.

ms_m
09-22-2011, 10:07 AM
IS THE FED OVERPAYING FOR BONDS?
21 September 2011 by Cullen Roche

One of the many myths which appears to persist around QE2 is the idea that the NY Fed is massively overpaying for bonds which would, in effect, amount to a fiscal operation. The idea is simple. If the NY Fed pays $200 for a 7 year bond that is currently worth $100 then they’re essentially “printing money”. Is that really happening though? Not according to the facts.

The nice thing about our increasingly transparent Fed is that they make all of this data available for us online. So we can actually see these operations, what they paid and what the premium/discount was relative to market prices. Unfortunately, we don’t get to see the data in real-time, but we do get to see what’s going on by reviewing recent transactions which gives us a very good idea of what they paid relative to current market prices. For instance, on September 9th the NY Fed executed one of their permanent open market operations. Interestingly, most of the bonds were bonds that had been auctioned off in the last year so it’s easy for one to conclude that they’re “monetizing” this debt. Of course, the Fed can’t and doesn’t “fund” the US government so it’s nonsensical to say such things. [[http://pragcap.com/pomo-flip-matter)

More:
http://pragcap.com/is-the-fed-overpaying-for-bonds

Interesting article, it kills two myths at one time. One, the myth that the Federal Govt is printing money willy nilly and two…the Federal Reserve is a lot more transparent than folks would have us to believe.

It’s becoming obvious though [[at least to me) one of the main problems with info we receive is that many economist are still stuck on the way things worked when we were on the gold standard.

ms_m
09-22-2011, 10:25 AM
I Am The Kind Of Democrat Who Is ALL IN For President Obama
Thursday, April 07, 2011 | Posted by TiMT @ The People's View

I am not just a blind follower of my President even though some do think that about me but I really don't give a damn about what people say especially those who are hell bent to destroy him. The facts are irrefutable for why I support my Democratic President. I classify myself as a well informed pragmatist progressive/liberal who is results oriented. To that effect, look no further than what President Obama and the Democratic Congress have accomplished in the last two years. After all, progressive means to make progress and there is no better person to lead America to progress than President Obama if you look at what he has accomplished to date. So, yesterday I gave my first $100 to the Obama 2012 campaign in support of the President's vision for America and for his accomplished to date. I am committed and plan to actively do my part in support of the 2012 "yes we can" campaign. This President has done so much of what he had promised quietly in a very short time while so many chastise, belittle, undermine and disrespect him from day one with the intent of ensuring his Presidency is a failed Presidency. However, we never see him taking his eyes of off his target [[the people), taking the high road and focusing on the issues at hand. With all the hating going on in our country and the Republicans doing everything they can to hijack and blackmail the President, threatening to shut down the Government, we need someone like this President who is a bridge builder, a leader who understand the pain of its people, someone who always put the business of his people first to move the country in the right direction not to mention a person who has display the utmost class for the office of the Presidency. Our country is in dire need of civil discourse that exemplify maturity, strength, intelligence and compassion and there is no other modern day leader with all of those qualities to move America in the right direction than President Obama. However, for a President to really effect change that will be lasting in a profound way, one term is not enough to see a significant impact while this President has accomplished in two years what some had not been able to do in two terms. Considering President Obama's track record, I am committed to helping him get the kind of support he deserves to change America for the better in the long run. I also understand some Democrats believe in such outrageous statements:

More:
http://www.thepeoplesview.net/2011/04/i-am-kind-of-democrat-who-is-all-in-for.html

This op-ed is several months old but I thought it was pretty good.
Ironically, it reminded me of a quote I ran across concerning Dwight Eisenhower….

With his victory in the 1952 presidential race, Dwight Eisenhower became the first Republican president in 20 years. The Republican party also held a majority in the House of Representatives and the Senate. After being elected president, Eisenhower made it clear to those close to him that he did not approve of McCarthy and he worked actively to diminish his power and influence. Still, he never directly confronted McCarthy or criticized him by name in any speech, thus perhaps prolonging McCarthy's power by giving the impression that even the President was afraid to criticize him directly. Oshinsky disputes this, stating that "Eisenhower was known as a harmonizer, a man who could get diverse factions to work toward a common goal... Leadership, he explained, meant patience and conciliation, not 'hitting people over the head.'"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_McCarthy

Sound familiar?

ms_m
09-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Sunshine Debate: Five Things To Watch In Tonight’s Florida GOP Debate
Eric Kleefeld and Benjy Sarlin September 22, 2011, 6:28 AM

The Republican presidential candidates are stepping up Thursday night for another round of debates — this time in the big swing state of Florida, ahead of the state GOP’s straw poll on Saturday.

Gov. Rick Scott has been talking up the straw poll, seeking to raise the profile of his state party in the nomination fight, and even claiming that the winner of the contest will become president. A bit bold perhaps, but with polling indicating a close race at the moment between Mitt Romney and Rick Perry in the state, Florida’s importance is growing rapidly in the primaries as well as the general election.

So in preparation for the debate, let’s review some key things to look out for.

Read More:
http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/09/sunshine-debate-five-things-to-watch-in-tonights-florida-gop-debate.php?ref=fpb

Here we go again…

jillfoster
09-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Damn... feast your orbs on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mguDdsmCylU

jillfoster
09-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Keep it to yourself, he says.... I guess that means he doesn't want straight soldiers to discuss their wives and children with other soldiers? Yeah... didn't think so.

destruction
09-24-2011, 02:15 PM
This is a Public Service Announcement:

Due to an Area-Wide Power Outage, Management has been unable to post in this thread.

She ask that you continue this much needed conversation.......

If you have questions that need answers, issues that need resolution, or other concerns, please don't hesitate to post them here.....

....and I will get them to her using some infrastructure that I picked up at the last Psychic Friends Nework Fire Sale.

Until next time......This is Geek Boy signing off.

ms_m
09-27-2011, 01:05 PM
LOL...Des you're crazy and thanks!

I'm back but now I have to play catch up on my other day job....LOL

Will be back shortly.

M

chidrummer
09-27-2011, 02:17 PM
All I can say, M is...PREACH, sister, PREACH!

The GOP spent the last two days trying to serve up the lie that President Obama was chastising the black community during his outdoor rally. I guess they've never heard of
video tape because it didn't take long for the full context of his speech to surface and
BAM the heat was on.

for the full speech:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swlaZJ2RbBw

Maddow gets it:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#44679281

I don't know if I can take this crap for another year. I'm going to watch Pan Am

ms_m
09-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Glad you are enjoying my offering Chi. Yep it's crazy out here but it doesn't have to stay that way.

I'm still playing catch up. Being off line for 5 days threw me so far behind it's ridiculous. Not sure when I can get back to this but I WILL be back.....LOL

ms_m
09-28-2011, 12:22 AM
Decided to stop and watch the videos. My local paper alone for 5 days didn’t cut it. LOL

The divide and conquer strategy doesn’t surprise me Chi…it’s what people do to keep us from fighting the real enemy. They don’t care about videos because they know too many people will not take the time to seek out the truth. It’s why this thread has become so important to me; to get the real story out. People can believe, or not believe but at least they will hear the other side of the coin.

Thanks for helping with that Chi….YOU get it too…outstanding links. The POTUS WAS ON FIRE!!!!! He’s right, this is tougher than I’ve seen it in my life time and that’s saying a lot from a old lady from the segregated south. But that’s what keeps me going Chi cause I “ain’t” going back. I will not give up, I will not stop!

Hang in there Chi it’s going to be a long hard fight but don’t give up. Take a little break, get your 4th or 5th wind, shake it off, press on and keep on, keeping on….we’ll get there…and that’s a “good crazy.”

Fired Up and Ready to Go!;)

ms_m
09-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Anita Perry Defends Her Husband’s Job Creation Record: ‘People Are Hungry For’ Minimum Wage Jobs
By Marie Diamond on Sep 28, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Anita Perry, the wife of presidential contender and Texas Gov. Rick Perry [[R), took to the campaign trail in Iowa today to defend her husband against a growing wave of criticism and scrutiny from the right. In between brushing away criticism of her husband’s debate performance and positions on immigration and the HPV vaccine, she made a surprising admission.

While parroting her husband’s jobs claims, she also conceded that not all the jobs Texas has created during her husband’s tenure are high-paying jobs — in fact, Texas has the highest percentage of minimum wage jobs in the country. But Perry says that’s the sort of job people are “hungry for”:

PERRY: He knows how to create jobs…We have 1,500 people moving to Texas every day to find a job. I’m not going to tell you they’re all high-paying jobs, but they’re a job, even if they’re a minimum wage job. And that’s what people are hungry for.

More:
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/09/28/330865/anita-perry-defends-her-husbands-job-creation-record-people-are-hungry-for-minimum-wage-jobs/

$7.25 hr. x 40 hrs = $290.00 gross [[before taxes)
$290.00 per week x 52 weeks = $15,000.00 gross per year

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h74/mmandmusic/Povertyguidelines.jpg

http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/11poverty.shtml

People really should learn to THINK before opening mouth and inserting foot.

ms_m
09-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Economists: Obama’s Jobs Plan Would Help Prevent A Double-Dip Recession
By Pat Garofalo on Sep 28, 2011 at 9:30 am

Ever since President Obama released his jobs plan earlier this month, Republicans have been claiming that it will not the help the economy. “What the president’s proposed so far is not serious. And it’s not a jobs plan,” said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell [[R-KY). “I just don’t think that is really going to help our economy the way it should,” added Speaker of the House John Boehner [[R-OH). Many Republicans derided the plan as a “second stimulus,” ignoring the success of the first.

However, according to economists surveyed by Bloomberg News, the jobs plan that President Obama introduced would help prevent a double-dip recession by boosting economic growth and bringing down unemployment next year:
President Barack Obama’s $447 billion jobs plan would help avoid a return to recession by maintaining growth and pushing down the unemployment rate next year, according to economists surveyed by Bloomberg News.

The legislation, submitted to Congress this month, would increase gross domestic product by 0.6 percent next year and add or keep 275,000 workers on payrolls, the median estimates in the survey of 34 economists showed. The program would also lower the jobless rate by 0.2 percentage point in 2012, economists said.

More:
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/09/28/330489/economists-obamas-jobs-plan-prevents-recession/

President Obama is proposing a higher tax only on households in which $1 million or more per year is earned.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/09/19/michael-tomasky-obama-out-to-expose-gop-s-class-warfare-sham.html

In the late 1970’s, 1% of the population received 9% of the nations income
Now, 1% of the population receives 23.5% of the nation's income.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h74/mmandmusic/untitled-9.jpg

Did they play by the rules more than you?

Did they work harder than you?

http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/2011...ses-have-lost/

[…]

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h74/mmandmusic/9b6c7e78.jpg

[…]

ACTION: Contact your elected representative and tell them to pass the American Jobs Act now. You can find their office phone listed here, or call the Capitol switchboard at [[202) 224-3121 and ask to be connected. Tell them to PASS THE White House Jobs BILL NOW!

Contact Elected Officials - Address, Phone, Twitter, Email
Posted by Linda H on 7:58 AM

A list of websites, email addresses, twitter accounts and phone numbers for the Senate, members of the House of Representatives, and the White House:

White House
President Barack Obama - [[Democrat) Twitter BarackObama
1600 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE NW WASHINGTON, DC 20500
Web Form: http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/barackobama
Phone: 202-456-1111

Click link for your state to contact your Senators and Representatives
http://www.whatisworking.com/2011/05/contact-congress-address-phone-twitter.html

ms_m
09-28-2011, 10:40 PM
President Obama the Warrior
September 27th, 2011
by Bill Schneider

Politics is the enemy of problem-solving. That’s common knowledge. Why can’t the country deal with the national debt? Politics. Why can’t we do something about climate change? Politics.

We see more evidence of it every day. Why is the country on the brink of another government shutdown? Politics. Why can’t we get disaster relief to people who desperately need it? Politics. President Obama told a rally this month in Richmond that the American Jobs Act could pass if Republicans “set politics aside for a moment to deal with America’s problems.”

Set politics aside? Not on your life. House Speaker John Boehner made that clear when he said, “Tax increases… are off the table.” Obama’s response a few days later: “I will not support — I will not support — any plan that puts all the burden for closing our deficit on ordinary Americans.” In other words, “Go ahead — make my day.”

More:
http://perspectives.thirdway.org/?p=1179

I see so many negative adjectives attached to President Obama that when I see a positive one, I’m skeptical it may be sarcasm. Glad this was NOT the case.:cool:

ms_m
09-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Ohio’s Anti-Union Law Jeopardizes Public Safety With Depleted Staff, Slower Response Times
By Marie Diamond on Sep 29, 2011 at 2:40 pm

In March, Ohio Gov. John Kasich [[R) signed an overwhelmingly unpopular anti-union bill into law that stripped the state’s employees of almost all of their collective bargaining rights. While Gov. Scott Walker’s [[R) more infamous union-busting law in Wisconsin actually let police officers and firefighters off the hook, the Washington Independent notes that Kasich’s law forces these public safety workers to beg for the resources they need to do their jobs.

Jay McDonald, president of the Fraternal Order of Police in Ohio, says that if SB 5 is not repealed, about 51,000 public employees across the state could lose their jobs — two-thirds of them public safety workers:
More:
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/09/29/331674/ohios-law-public-safety/

Rick Perry’s Budget Cuts Will Leave 49,000 Teachers Without A Job And 43,000 College Students Without Financial Aid
By Tanya Somanader on Sep 29, 2011 at 3:50 pm

GOP presidential front runner and secession enthusiast Gov. Rick Perry [[TX) touts the primacy of state control and often points back to his reign over the state of Texas as proof of its efficacy. Of course, under Perry, Texas has a plummeting employment-to-population ratio, the highest rate of uninsured residents, the greatest number of executions, the highest pollution rate, and a derth of well-paying jobs.

On education, Perry offers the same message: “I don’t think the federal government has a role.” In rebuking the Obama administration’s Race to the Top education funds, Perry said it “smacks of federal takeover of public schools” and “could very well lead to the ‘dumbing down’ of the rigorous standards we’ve worked so hard to enact.” Once again, Texas tells a different story. Perry’s education “standards” — exemplified by $4 billion in budget cuts to education for the upcoming budget cycle — will force schools to lay off as many as 49,000 teachers and will leave at least 43,000 college students without financial aid:
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/09/29/332152/perry-budget-cuts-teacher-financial-aid/

ms_m
09-30-2011, 06:44 PM
Breaking Their Promise To Focus On Job Creation, House GOP Proposes Slashing Job Training Programs

By Marie Diamond on Sep 30, 2011 at 1:50 pm

House Republicans yesterday released their draft budget proposal for labor, health, and human service, which in one fell swoop revives the assault on all their favorite bugaboos, including Planned Parenthood, National Public Radio, the National Labor Relations Board, and President Obama’s health care reform law. The GOP also targeted heat subsidies that prevent low-income families from freezing in the winter, and slashed education funding by $2.4 billion. The bill also eliminates the Administration’s “Race to the Top” education reform program and reduces eligibility for Pell Grants for low-income college students.

Perhaps most surprisingly for a party that claims to be focused on job creation, the GOP budget reduces funding for job training programs that give the unemployed the skills they need to find work in an ailing economy:

Employment Training Administration [[ETA) – The legislation provides the ETA with $7.5 billion in new discretionary budget authority – $2.2 billion [[-23%) below last year’s level and $2.1 billion [[-22%) below the President’s request. Much of this reduction is due to the transition of employment and training programs to a federal fiscal year and the elimination of $2.4 billion in advance appropriations for the 2013 fiscal year.

Full Article:
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/09/30/332848/breaking-promise-gop-job-training/

The GOP way to create a job is to eliminate job training, and people fall for this crap?

....and they call people like me brainwashed...hahahahah

lawd love a stupid duck:D

stephanie
09-30-2011, 10:22 PM
MS M keep it up I like reading these things. Where are the jobs rethugs?

jillfoster
10-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Here's something that lays it all out really well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdVODFombco

ms_m
10-01-2011, 01:26 PM
LOL

I saw this on AJE when it first came out Jillfoster and to say it was slightly biased would be an understatement.

Some how people conveniently forget that the repeal of Glass Steagall which deregulated the banks...deregulation that helped the 1% become richer and wall street more sinister....was done under William Jefferson Clinton!

The second thing people conveniently forget, those tax cuts which were extended were bundled in with middle class tax cuts. If they had been allowed to expire, not only would the 1% loose out but the middle class taxes would have gone up as well. The LAST thing the middle class needed then or now is an increase in taxes.

There is also the fact that deal, insured unemployment benefits would be extended, the middle class received a tax holiday as well as small businesses. START was resigned and DODT was ended in the so call "capitulation" by President Obama.

During the debt ceiling debate when the "super committee" was formed, the deal centered around the expiration of the tax cuts for the wealthy but not for higher taxes on the middle class. Those tax cuts automatically expire on Dec. 31, 2012....and that's whether the current Jobs bill is passed or not....and the presidential election will be decided in Nov 2012. I report, you decide.

ms_m
10-01-2011, 01:43 PM
...I forgot to mention in that post although, it is in this thread, under President Obama much of that deregulation of Wall street ended. Not all and not enough but much of it did end...also an agency for consumer protection was created. It was the agency that Elizabeth Warren was nominated to head but the GOP congress push back against her was so aggressive, she basically said eff it and decided to run for Senator of Mass....so far, Scott Brown is running scared.

Facts are an interesting thing, if you leave a few facts out, the entire story tends to shift.

ms_m
10-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Note To GOP And The Media: Buffett Did Not Disagree With The Buffett Rule
By Pat Garofalo on Sep 30, 2011 at 11:53 am

Billionaire investor Warren Buffett appeared on CNBC today, where, of course, he was asked about the Obama administration’s “Buffett rule,” which stipulates that millionaires should not pay a lower tax rate than middle-class families. Buffett said he is happy to have lent his name to the administration’s push:

Q: Are you happy you said yes [to having your name on the Buffett rule]?
BUFFETT: Sure, I wrote about it.

Q: Are you happy with the way it’s been described? Is the program that the White House has presented — a million dollars and over — your program?

BUFFETT: Well, the precise program, I don’t know what their program will be. My program will be on the very high incomes that are taxed very low. Not just high incomes, some guy making $50 million a year playing baseball, his taxes won’t change. Make $50 million a year appearing on television, his income won’t change.

But if they make a lot of money and they pay a very low tax rate, like me, it would be changed by a minimum tax that would only bring them up to what other people pa

[…]

Buffett also said he is “supportive of the action” Obama is trying to take to put people back to work. So for those trying to turn this into a “Buffett v. Obama” story, as Mitt Romney would say, “nice try.”

Full Article:
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/09/30/333034/note-buffett-rule/

ms_m
10-03-2011, 07:01 AM
WE THE PEOPLE…Your Voice In Our Government

Introduction

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

-The First Amendment, United States Constitution

The right to petition your government is guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. We the People provides a new way to petition the Obama Administration to take action on a range of important issues facing our country. We created We the People because we want to hear from you. If a petition gets enough support, White House staff will review it, ensure it’s sent to the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response.

HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdcotOjqnVI&feature=player_embedded

The idea of petitioning the White House or the government isn’t new, but this online platform is. Since the White House has never featured anything like this, we expect to make some adjustments to improve the platform based on how people use the system and your feedback.

For example, right now, the threshold for a petition is 5,000 petition signatures in 30 days. If a large number of petitions are reaching that threshold, it may increase so that the workload is manageable and so that we can respond in a timely fashion.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/how-why/introduction

ms_m
10-06-2011, 08:26 PM
I guess it’s not enough to try and divide Blacks and Whites…let’s divide Blacks and Blacks as well. [[rolling my eyes is an understatement)

I would love for the pizza man to win the Repub nomination…bring it on fool and all your little foolettes too!

Ingraham Suggests Cain Would Be The Real First Black President Because Obama Has White Relatives
By Tanya Somanader on Oct 6, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Right-wing radio host and Fox contributor Laura Ingraham makes a living from race-baiting when it comes to the president. Like many of her conservative cohorts, Ingraham often insists that much of Obama’s success is solely derived from the fact that he is African-American. Yesterday on her radio show, Ingraham offered Obama’s rise to the presidency as a perfect example of “the problem with affirmative action.” This is “what happens when individuals get pushed into positions, or elevated to positions for which they’re not qualified,” she said. “People get pushed, pushed, pushed farther than their abilities can match the position, and then they just keep failing.” All “because we had such a yearning for history,” she added.

http://thinkprogress.org/media/2011/10/06/338107/ingraham-suggests-cain-would-be-the-real-first-black-president-because-obama-has-white-relatives/

jillfoster
10-12-2011, 12:05 AM
Ms. M... I wanted to comment on the previous statement by Perry's wife, that stupid woman thinks people are "hungry" for minimum wage jobs? Wouldn't her husband love for us to not HAVE a minimum wage? this woman doesn't seem to know hunger from desperation. People who are working these jobs are despreate for ANYTHING, nobody is EVER hungry, or excited to work for minimum wage [[something i've never done, and something I can never morally bring myself to do to someone else)

ajk93
10-12-2011, 04:45 PM
***edit***

ms_m
10-13-2011, 12:38 PM
I agree, people are taking whatever jobs they can get and when you stop to think that many of these folks have families...anyone who thinks min. wage is acceptable is so out of touch with reality, it's crazy.

ms_m
10-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Why Obama has no intention of giving up on the American Jobs Act

The Republican party wants to kill jobs. They showed that again in yesterday's Senate vote when Republican senators voted unanimously to prevent the American Jobs Act from being even debated. Every last Republican who voted, voted to kill the measure. Of course, they were helped along by Democrats Tester [[MT) and Nelson [[NE).

But the president is not done. He is just getting started. This is the president, speaking in Pittsburgh, right before the Senate vote, that everyone knew the Republicans would be blocking.

More:
http://www.thepeoplesview.net/2011/10/why-obama-has-no-intention-of-giving-up.html

MotownSteve
10-14-2011, 11:20 AM
From MSNBC a few minutes ago: New York City police clashed with Occupy Wall Street protesters and arrested at least four of them after owners of the park being occupied ditched cleanup plans demonstrators claimed were a pretext to evict them.

jillfoster
10-14-2011, 09:11 PM
I agree, people are taking whatever jobs they can get and when you stop to think that many of these folks have families...anyone who thinks min. wage is acceptable is so out of touch with reality, it's crazy.

And for some wierd reason, I had one of the best years I've ever had. I don't why this happens, but whenever the economy goes to hell, I start doing good, and when the economy does good, things slow down. Hell if I can figure it out. But I do consider myself lucky that i've gotten every job I've ever applied for, never been fired, and never been unemployed a day in my life. And some of that is due to LUCK, not some God given right or my incredible perserverence, or whatever. [[I do, however, owe some of it to my affable, accomadating nature)

MotownSteve
11-04-2011, 06:17 PM
If this was me, with any luck, I'd be finishing my jail term.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57318649-504083/texas-judge-caught-beating-his-daughter-wont-face-charges-police-say/

Reading Texas Code of Criminal Procedure Art. 12.01. FELONIES. it seems that if you harm someone financially the statute of limitation is longer than if you harm them physically.

ms_m
11-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Jay Smooth - How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Discussing Race

….the connection we maintain with our imperfections allows us to be good

In the past, here on SDF and else where I've said we need to stop and look in the mirror. For whatever reason that often upsets people but I like the phrase above which I think is saying what I ‘ve been trying to convey. Another phrase I often to say to friends is, what you deny grows stronger….

Anywhoo this is a great video for those who are interested and willing to open their minds to another way of looking at situations, people, places and things. I think this not only speaks to racial issues but issues in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MbdxeFcQtaU

ms_m
12-07-2011, 06:36 PM
12/02/2011 @ 3:44PM
Rick Ungar, Contributor
The Bomb Buried In Obamacare Explodes Today-Hallelujah!

I have long argued that the impact of the Affordable Care Act is not nearly as big of a deal as opponents would have you believe. At the end of the day, the law is – in the main – little more than a successful effort to put an end to some of the more egregious health insurer abuses while creating an environment that should bring more Americans into programs that will give them at least some of the health care coverage they need.

There is, however, one notable exception – and it’s one that should have a long lasting and powerful impact on the future of health care in our country.

That would be the provision of the law, called the medical loss ratio, that requires health insurance companies to spend 80% of the consumers’ premium dollars they collect—85% for large group insurers—on actual medical care rather than overhead, marketing expenses and profit. Failure on the part of insurers to meet this requirement will result in the insurers having to send their customers a rebate check representing the amount in which they underspend on actual medical care.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2011/12/02/the-bomb-buried-in-obamacare-explodes-today-halleluja/

ms_m
12-07-2011, 08:11 PM
OP-ED
'Obamacare' to the rescue
A woman who felt President Obama had let the middle class down has changed her mind.
By Spike Dolomite Ward
December 6, 2011

I want to apologize to President Obama. But first, some background.

I found out three weeks ago I have cancer. I'm 49 years old, have been married for almost 20 years and have two kids. My husband has his own small computer business, and I run a small nonprofit in the San Fernando Valley. I am also an artist. Money is tight, and we don't spend it frivolously. We're just ordinary, middle-class people, making an honest living, raising great kids and participating in our community, the kids' schools and church.

We're good people, and we work hard. But we haven't been able to afford health insurance for more than two years. And now I have third-stage breast cancer and am facing months of expensive treatment.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-ward-in-praise-of-obamacare-20111206,0,6794828.story

Health-Care Reform Returns Surprising $1.5 Billion Medicare Savings
Dec 7, 2011 4:45 AM EST

Medicare, the government program infamous for its waste and abuse, provided some unexpected news on Tuesday: $1.5 billion in savings on prescription drugs. Daniel Stone reports.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/12/07/health-care-reform-returns-surprising-1-5-billion-medicare-savings.html

ms_m
12-10-2011, 02:28 AM
This is THE MOST entertaining presidential primary I have ever witnessed. :cool:

Florida Libertarians organizing campaign stop for Gary Johnson
By Virginia Chamlee | 12.05.11 | 9:33 am

The Libertarian Party of Florida will host a campaign stop for Republican presidential hopeful Gary Johnson. The partnership is leading many to speculate that Johnson, a two-term New Mexico governor, may drop out of the GOP to run as a Libertarian. Florida Libertarians, for their part, say they would welcome the “anti-war, limited-government candidate” with open arms.

The Save America Foundation and the 1787 Network will be helping to organize a Johnson appearance in Clearwater on Dec. 12; the candidate will speak at a conference center and later at a meet-and-great at a nearby steakhouse. Both events are free and open to the public.

In a press release, the Libertarian Party of Florida said Johnson had been given the “cold shoulder” by his fellow Republicans and the media, who have all but shut him out of the race. “Though his positions on decriminalizing marijuana and eliminating restrictions on gay marriage appeal to civil libertarians, they are a bitter pill for the socially conservative GOP,” reads a new press release from the party.
http://floridaindependent.com/59301/gary-johnson-libertarian-party-of-florida

Roberta75
12-11-2011, 07:27 PM
OP-ED
'Obamacare' to the rescue
A woman who felt President Obama had let the middle class down has changed her mind.
By Spike Dolomite Ward
December 6, 2011

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-ward-in-praise-of-obamacare-20111206,0,6794828.story

Health-Care Reform Returns Surprising $1.5 Billion Medicare Savings
Dec 7, 2011 4:45 AM EST

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/12/07/health-care-reform-returns-surprising-1-5-billion-medicare-savings.html

All well and good but we better all pray the Supreme Court doesn't overturn this bill or important parts of it.

ms_m
12-12-2011, 04:57 PM
I agree Roberta, I totally agree!

Analysis: Keys To The Supreme Court's Health Law Review
By Stuart Taylor, Jr.
NOV 14, 2011

By agreeing today to hear challenges to President Obama's 2010 health care law, the Supreme Court set the stage for a decision -- probably in late June and in the midst of the presidential campaign -- that could be among its most important in decades.

The case, which will probably be argued in March on a date still to be announced, is especially momentous because it not only will determine the fate of President Barack Obama's biggest legislative achievement but also will cast important light on the Supreme Court's future course under Chief Justice John Roberts on issues of federal government power.

The central issue -- but not the only important one -- is whether Congress exceeded its constitutional powers to regulate interstate commerce and to levy taxes when it adopted the so-called "individual mandate" at the heart of the health care law.

http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories/2011/November/14/stuart-taylor-supreme-court-health-law-hearing-analysis.aspx

ms_m
12-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Think you’ll find this one interesting as well. For the Teapubs this could end up being a case of be careful what you wish for!

ObamaCare Challenge Exposes Conservative Hypocrisy On Federal Power

BRIAN BEUTLER DECEMBER 12, 2011, 1:21 PM 5832 34

Next year policy wonks, politics junkies, and legal experts will wait with bated breath for the Supreme Court to determine the constitutionality of a key section of President Obama’s health care law: the mandate that uninsured individuals purchase health care coverage.

But the court will also review another major piece of the law — the requirement that states expand Medicaid eligibility to people with incomes of up to 133 percent of the federal poverty line. This is no small expansion. Of all the millions of people expected to become insured under the law, about half will be covered through Medicaid.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/12/careful-what-you-wish-for-obamacare-lawsuit-exposes-conservative-hypocrisy-on-federal-power.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

stephanie
12-15-2011, 12:47 AM
Thanks Ms M

Roberta75
12-15-2011, 12:57 AM
And check this out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/14/obama-health-care-law_n_1148762.html

Obamacare must be upheld by the Supreme Court.

Roberta

ms_m
12-15-2011, 09:54 AM
Thanks Roberta I saw that.

In this climate of occupy this, that and the other trying to kick 2.5 million Americans off the Health Insurance Rolls will probably cause one hell of a backlash...but hey....we live in crazy times....I just hope people are paying attention and doing their homework to see what's going on out here. Half of the real story being told by MSM [[main stream media) is BS, sensationalized headlines and innuendo and the other half is being buried by batshit crazy Repub/Teapub stories while the President is racking up accomplishments....

If the electorate doesn't get pass their emotions and illogical reasoning we are going to be in deeper crap than we already are!!!!!

Time will tell!

ms_m
12-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Politically speaking I don’t like Coburn but comments like this are rare from the Republican camp these days. Too bad he’s willing to say this on C-Span…a network the majority of the electorate doesn’t watch [[or even know exist) or main stream media rarely if ever reports about. Then again Coburn knows this which is probably why he felt safe in speaking up. I wonder how soon he’ll backtrack on the statement.
shrugs

GOP Sen. Coburn: My ‘Most Liberal’ Colleagues Are ‘More Intellectually Honest’ Regarding The Deficit
By Pat Garofalo on Dec 14, 2011 at 11:50 am

As Senate Republicans continue to stand against raising taxes on millionaires — even if it means the current payroll tax cut that’s benefiting every working American expires — Sen. Tom Coburn [[R-OK) took to C-Span today to say he believes that, when it comes to discussing the deficit, his “most liberal” colleagues are “more intellectually honest,” due to their willingness to look at both spending and revenue:

All of us are going to give a little something if we’re going to get out of the hole we’re in.Everybody’s going to see something different…I think it’s better for us to take the pain that we’re going to have to take and make sure it’s meted out in the proper order than take much more severe pain.When I talk to my colleagues on the other side, and some of my closest colleagues are the most liberal, I find them more intellectually honest oftentimes, the very people they want to help, unless we change these [government programs] now are the very people who are going to get hurt if we don’t fix it.
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/12/14/389190/coburn-liberals-honest-deficit/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AC_YIwdNrC4

ms_m
12-15-2011, 01:10 PM
The ultra extreme wing…known as the Tea Party has tarnished the Republican brand to the point it’s no longer fun to watch them trip over themselves. I can’t even get amused or even angry at the lies, hypocrisy and fantasy [[read tin foil hat wearing) thinking anymore. At this point and time, I think this comment pretty much sums up the Republican Primary clown car of a race to the Whitehouse.

As Stevie would say, “heaven help us all” if the voters in this country don’t wake up and get a grip come Nov 2012. If not, the Mayan Calendar may be the least of our problems!!!!!

Oh well, I have a flight and party to get ready for….later ya’ll…life goes on. [[for now):D

While the conservative establishment may still fantasize about a "white knight" charging in during the final hours who will unite Republicans, and the public at large in a quest to defeat [President] Obama, they know in their hearts this is not to be and are preparing to resign themselves to a candidate not so poisonous as to lose the House as well. So, though they have no love for Romney, and will be sure to distance themselves from his inevitable failure, they cling to the hope that he will not so tarnish the Republican brand that downticket candidates get swept away as well in November.

MotownSteve
12-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Gallup Poll shows Congressional approval at 11%. An all time low.

ms_m
12-21-2011, 01:48 AM
I thought it was lower than that....LOL

I'm so over these folks it's not even funny but it's the general population that concerns me. So many people on both sides of the political divided are so misinformed who the heck knows what they will do when it's time to vote.

There is a grocery list of things wrong with politics today but from where I sit the biggest problem is the people themselves. Folks can complain and occupy to the cows come home but when you vote [[or don't even bother to vote) ignorant into office, you get ignorant people doing ignorant things in partnership with billionaires like the Koch Brothers spending millions to help spread the ignorant.

There was a recent poll that said people who watch Fox News are less informed than people who don't even watch the news at all....think about that for a sec!!!!!

MotownSteve
12-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Hi ms_m,
I spoke to a friend yesterday and I voiced the opinion that I will never again vote republican nor for an incumbent. She said her rep is good. I feel do one or two terms and get out and go home.
As for that poll, I thought is was mentioned on this thread. In any case it is rather fascinating.

ms_m
12-21-2011, 07:34 PM
For anyone who voted Republican in the 2010 elections or didn't vote at all....this is what your tax paying dollars got you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV71OKdEqRI&feature=player_embedded

I realize a vast majority of the American people do not watch C-Span but I can assure you, opening a session of Congress with the Pledge of Allegiance and ending the day a min later [[at around 10am) WITHOUT conducting any business what so ever IS NOT, a normal business day for Congress....BUT...it does keep the President from making recess appointments [[that the Repubs have been blocking since President Obama took office)

So here are your choices,
1. more do nothing Repubs,
2. a Libertarian [[and former Gov of New Mexico)
3.the incumbent....the man who has done more for the middle class while fighting obstructionist than any President in recent history

choose wisely....my future depends on it.

My name is Ms M and I approve this message!!!!:D

MotownSteve
12-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Hey Ms M,
Ain't' it the truth.
Someone just tweeted on The Ed Show that this is the worst congress in history.

ms_m
12-26-2011, 03:00 PM
.... a lot to read but a very interesting perspective on the Repub presidential predicament.

The Molotov Party
For the new GOP, conservative isn’t nearly radical enough.
• By Frank Rich
• Published Dec 26, 2011

Even those who loathe Karl Rove’s every word may be hard-pressed to dispute his pre-Christmas summation of the Republican circus so far: “the most unpredictable, rapidly shifting, and often downright inexplicable primary race I’ve ever witnessed.” And all this, as he adds, before a single vote has been cast. The amazing GOP race has also been indisputably entertaining, spawning a new television genre, the debate as reality show. Installment No. 12, broadcast by ABC in the prime-time ghetto of a Saturday night in early December, drew more viewers [[7.6 million) than that week’s episode of The Biggest Loser. It’s escapist fun for the entire family [[Hispanic and gay families excluded). Or it would be were it not for the possibility that one of the contestants could end up as president of the United States.

Rove does have one thing wrong, however. His party’s primary contest, while unpredictable, is not inexplicable. It is entirely explicable. The old Republican elites simply prefer to be in denial about what the explanation is. You can’t blame them. To parse this spectacle is to face the prospect that, for all the GOP’s triumphal declarations that Barack Obama is doomed to a one-term presidency, the winner of the Republican nomination may not reclaim the White House after all.
http://nymag.com/news/frank-rich/gop-2012-1/

stephanie
12-27-2011, 10:33 PM
I have never seen a Congress do this before! Are they really willing to sacrifice finding solutions for the American people because they want to keep their friends filthy rich, they dont want a black man in office, OR they just want to keep Republicans in office who dont want to do anything? These issues we are facing are important its not like we are voting on the study of the tinsi fly or something to that effect. Heaven help these people.

ms_m
12-27-2011, 11:56 PM
Stephanie, the Rethugs made it very clear when President Obama first took office and before he made his first move; their mission was to make him a one term president. Hate is a powerful motivator. Ironically, it's catching up with them though, many people are finally beginning to see through all the lies and smoke screens....we'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out but in the meantime and in between time.....I'm urging folks I know to work for the Only Adult In The Room. He's not perfect, no leader, man woman or child will ever be but he's done more positive things to set the ship right than anyone out there.

MotownSteve
12-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Ms_m and Stephanie,
I wrote in an email to someone I used to work with that the republicans will do anything they can to keep Obama from being re-elected. Even if it means destroying the country.

ms_m
12-28-2011, 01:28 AM
This is the best comment I've read on the state of American politics in a long time..... [[emphasis, mine)

Every politician around likes to say "We can't fix America until we fix Washington." They've got it backwards. The truth is we can't fix Washington until we fix America. The problem lies not with the Senate or the House, but with the American electorate that put them there.

The New Deal Era not only moved the Democrats to the left, it made the GOP moved to the left as well just to survive and remain a viable party from the 30's to the 90's. It took decades upon decades of consistent anti-government rhetoric for the conservative movement to recapture the mainstream of society. They [[conservatives) are playing for keeps; liberals need to be doing the same.....only harder!!!!

Everyday life can be difficult and time consuming but every thing we do can usually be traced back to some political decision...it's shapes and affects the lives we live.

Like it or not the reality of our political system is, we have two major political parties and that's not going to change anytime soon and it definitely will not change until people understand it starts from the bottom up....through local and states elections but in the meantime the two party system is the only game in town and come Nov 2012, either a Republican or Dem will win the White House, either Repubs or Dems will control the House and the Senate...after four years of BS, mudslinging, name calling, hateful rhetoric and obstruction, if the American people can't figure out where the problem lies.... further down the rabbit hole we will go.

...and just for the record and contrary to some very erroneous beliefs, the liberals I talk to, the ones that have been following politics for years on the local, state as well as national level and can practically quote many bills and policy verbatim...these folks are NOT afraid of a single Repub candidate out here but they do have serious concerns about an uninformed electorate. We can move forward [[even if it's slowly) or go backwards...personally, I be damn if I go backwards....not without a hell of a fight and even if I lose, I'll get pissed, get over it and start fighting all over again.

Change for the better for all Americans is NOT up to the people in office but to the people who put them there!!!!!

ms_m
12-28-2011, 11:22 AM
I am sick and tired of this type of reporting....although probably not for the reasons you may think.....

Ron Paul: Drug War In U.S. Has Racist Origins

In 1988 Paul made a presidential campaign stop at the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws while running on the Libertarian Party ticket.

"What was so bad about the period from 1776 to 1914?" Paul wondered, referring to a time in American history when drugs were legal on the federal, and, in many towns, local level.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/27/ron-paul-drugs-drug-war_n_1170878.html

Yes, a large percentage of Blacks do drugs but they are NOT the majority of Blacks. Yes a large majority of Blacks are incarcerated because of drug laws even though we are not the majority of drug users in this country.

Source:
http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/64

Yes, the drug laws in this country are rooted in racism and money/greed. [[private prisons) Yes, the drug laws in this country need to be changed but anyone running for the highest office in this land who implies or even hints, directly or indirectly that drug laws are the reason people were enslaved or treated like second class citizens doesn’t have a clue how to govern for all the people in this country.

"What was so wrong with the period between 1776-1914"…..my ancestors were slaves and even after ‘freed” were treated as 2nd class citizens. Keeping drug laws out of the equation would not have changed that.

The law that made a difference and impact was the Civil Rights Law. The same law Ron Paul has stated he never would have voted for. I guess in his world, it’s more important to have legal drugs laws and liberty for drug users than ensuring equality under any and all circumstances for all the citizens of this country regardless of race, creed, religion, gender and sexual orientation.

If you want to smoke a joint legally, move to a state that has laws that allow you to do that….what’s that, you don’t want to move, you shouldn’t be forced to leave a State to ensure liberty and freedom….well think about this…. if Ron Paul had his way you would be moving from state to state every time a state decided it wanted to change a Federal law that was set up to protect you.

Laws that have a major impact on the well being of the majority of all citizens should be uniformed not splintered. Allowing liberties in one state and not another is not freedom, it is stupidity!

Don’t let Ron Paul, the media or anyone continue to distract and divide us with emotional issues because behind the smoke screen is a reality that will harm us all even more if we don’t start thinking rationally.

ms_m
12-28-2011, 01:37 PM
The GOP’s Year Of Living Dangerously: What Did Its Hardline Strategy Produce?

BRIAN BEUTLER DECEMBER 28, 2011, 5:33 AM

When the House GOP’s enormous freshman class arrived on Capitol Hill in January, it wasn’t uncommon to hear them sound off on the mistakes their predecessors made in 1995. Despite having shut down the government — twice! — House Republicans under Newt Gingrich had caved too easily, didn’t push hard enough, didn’t embody the true spirit of conservatism.

But the new House leadership wasn’t so sanguine. Many had lived through the Gingrich revolution and its aftermath. Others had been around long enough to hear tales of it. And so they mapped out a strategy specifically designed to avoid what they believe were the party’s ’90s-era mistakes.

In other words, the two factions — the newly energized backbenchers and the veteran leadership — were pulling each other in opposite directions. The tug of war left the House GOP’s strategic center of gravity stuck in an unstable position. The party was committed to fighting as hard as possible, but stopping short of its most conservative members’ slash and burn instincts.

The 2011 version of the House GOP, in not always easy coordination with Senate Republicans, would approve must-pass bills, but only after dragging negotiations down to the wire and extracting as many concessions as possible from Senate Dems and the White House each time. We saw that strategy play out over and over again this year, with mixed results for both parties and largely poor results for the country at large.

Here’s a quick look back at a year of living dangerously — and the series of recurring crises that it produced.

Continue to read here….
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/12/a-year-of-living-dangerously----a-look-back-at-the-gops-2011-strategy-and-its-consequences.php?ref=fpb

Now for those of you who would like to moan and groan about fair and balance or rant about how liberals don’t point out their failures…well here is a tip, I could easily show you liberal eff ups….starting with Ben Nelson, a Blue Dog, President Clinton a Dem and yes even Barack H. Obama but I can also show you what they all have done or did right and the facts are this…..what they did right for all Americans, especially the 99er’s, tip the scale of what they did wrong. [[although Nelson is probably an exception and exceptions will always exist!)

So here is a challenge, show me a list of the things the current crop of Repubs and or Repubs candidates have done right for 99% of the people in this country regardless of race, creed, color, sex, religion, gender or sexual orientation, without first trying to obstruct, deflect or cloud the issue with BS and pulling emotional strings.

ms_m
01-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Understanding the “Individual Mandate” and Stopping the Misinformation Campaign Against It.

Friday, January 27, 2012 | Posted by TiMT at 6:02 AM

In this article, I compiled a number of key benefits of the Affordable Care Act[[ACA) or ObamaCare which included many benefits that are currently in effect and helping many Americans today. What I did not included was things that will be in effect in 2012 and beyond. While I am working to compile the benefits that will take effect in the future, there is one element [[the Individual Mandate which will take effect in 2014) that I feel has gotten a bad rap as it has been used to undermine ACA and scare many Americans because it requires penalty if a qualified individual does not buy insurance in the exchange.

I will explain what the Individual Mandate is, its benefits to controlling the cost of health care and its central principle, how the individual mandate works, the penalties for being without health insurance, the process to determine who would qualify for Medicaid or Government Subsidies and what it means if the individual mandate is repealed by the Supreme Courts but the rest of the Affordable Care Act survives.
Full Article: http://www.thepeoplesview.net/2012/01/understanding-individual-mandate-and.html

ms_m
01-30-2012, 12:22 AM
Lawd Love a Duck and lying Republican Candidates….

TPM Editor’s Blog

Romney: Actually, I Kind of Pay 50% Tax

I’m pretty surprised that Mitt Romney’s team let their guy go down this path. Or maybe it’s just him. Stung by the 13.9% tax rate story and goaded on by some conservative columnists, Mitt Romney is now saying that his actual tax rate is “really closer to 45 or 50 percent.”

Romney’s claims come pretty much right at the beginning of this interview below but he’s said it twice today. It’s gotten pretty little press even though these were public interviews; and kudos to Huffpo’s Jon Ward for putting together the story.

Romney’s argument is that even though he pays only 13.9%, he’s really paying something like 45% to 50% because the investment income he lives on comes from corporations. And those corporates also pay taxes. The nominal corporate tax rate is 35%, though of course many pay much lower. But if you add Romney’s rate together with this completely unrelated corporate tax he doesn’t pay, you get 50%, which Romney is now saying is real tax rate. In other words, he’s claiming he pays both taxes.

This is a preposterous explanation on so many levels…..

read Full Article Here
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2012/01/romney_actually_i_kind_of_pay_50_tax.php?ref=fpblg

The next time someone tells you the media has a “liberal” bias….show them this article…LOL

The media doesn’t give a crap about left or right….they only care about ratings, web hits and selling papers and magazines…just an FYI

ms_m
01-31-2012, 05:32 PM
CHART: How Deficit Cuts Are About To Hurt The Economy

SAHIL KAPUR JANUARY 31, 2012, 1:08 PM 4097 72

The U.S. economy will suffer over the next few years as a result of fiscal austerity measures including the recent spate of spending cuts, according to the Congressional Budget Office’s latest forecast issued Tuesday.

Economic growth and the employment rate will be reduced for many years to come as a result of the August debt limit law’s steep $2.4 trillion in spending cuts and expiration of expiring tax provisions including the Bush-era tax cuts.

To illustrate this point, CBO made separate projections pegged to two baselines — current law, in which the spending cuts and tax increases go into effect, and an alternative fiscal scenario in which these fiscal policy changes are voided.
Read More: http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/01/deficit-cuts-are-about-to-hurt-the-economy-report-suggests.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

Austerity measures are not working in Europe, they didn’t work in Japan and they will not work here.

The irony, if you put Republicans back in charge of the White House and Congress, they will spend, spend, spend like crazy and tell you deficits don’t matter [[with the majority of the money going to Defense) They will probably increase taxes on the middle class, decrease the taxes on the wealthy [[1 percent) and give corporations and financial intuitions free rein to do whatever they want. …..history will repeat itself….don’t get fooled again!

Understanding our monetary system and passing that info on to others will help us all make better decisions when choosing our elected officials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUs25o-ny44

ms_m
02-01-2012, 03:20 PM
TPMDC

Did Health Care Reform Hurt The Private Insurance Part Of Medicare? Apparently Not

The Obama administration announced Wednesday that the Medicare Advantage program, which allows seniors to receive health coverage through a private insurer, is enjoying lower costs and more customers as a result of the health care reform law.

Medicare Advantage enrollment has risen 10 percent over the last year while average premiums have fallen by 7 percent, said Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. She also pointed out that similar improvements were seen the previous year.

The figures bolster President Obama’s defense of his signature achievement, and for Democrats it has the added bonus of refuting earlier Republican warnings that “Obamacare” would gravely undermine the choice provisions in Medicare.
“At the time the Affordable Care Act was passed, Republicans in Congress said the bill would virtually end the Medicare Advantage program,” declared senior White House staffer Nancy-Ann DeParle. “Those predictions turned out to be wrong. Medicare Advantage is stronger than ever — offering more seniors better benefits, higher quality care and lower costs.”

Read more: http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/02/did-health-care-reform-hurt-medicare-advantage-apparently-not.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

ms_m
02-02-2012, 11:54 AM
I’ve tried to highlight the need for campaign finance reform. It’s not a sexy and exciting issue but it’s an important issue. Left unchecked, it could negatively affect us all.

Secrecy Shrouds ‘Super PAC’ Funds in Latest Filings
By NICHOLAS CONFESSORE and MICHAEL LUO
Published: February 1, 2012

Newly disclosed details of the millions of dollars flowing into political groups are highlighting not just the scale of donations from corporation and unions but also the secrecy surrounding “super PACs” seeking to influence the presidential race.

Some of the money came from well-established concerns, like Alpha Natural Resources, one of the country’s largest coal companies, which is backing Republican-aligned American Crossroads, or from the Service Employees International Union, a powerful union allied with Democrats, according to filings with the Federal Election Commission.

Some came from companies closely identified with prominent industrialists or financiers, like Contran, a mammoth holding company controlled by the Texas billionaire Harold Simmons, a patron of a number of conservative groups and candidates, and Blue Ridge Capital, a New York hedge fund founded by the wealthy investor John A. Griffin, a supporter of Mitt Romney.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/02/us/politics/super-pac-filings-show-power-and-secrecy.html?_r=1&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha2

ms_m
02-02-2012, 08:09 PM
News you may not hear from MSM [[main stream media)

POLITICS
EXCLUSIVE: Major Romney Bundler Is Agent Of Foreign Government

By Josh Israel on Feb 2, 2012 at 4:30 pm
Ignacio E. Sanchez is a lobbyist at DLA Piper, an influential global law firm and a major bundler for the Mitt Romney campaign. A ThinkProgress review of public records reveals Sanchez is also a registered foreign agent representing the interests of the United Arab Emirates and a former president of the Dominican Republic.

While political candidates are not legally required to identify bundlers — volunteer fundraisers who collect bundles of campaign contribution checks for the campaign — a 2007 law requires that federal candidates disclose the names of any registered lobbyists who bundle large amounts for their campaign. On Tuesday, Romney’s campaign reported that 14 lobbyists combined to raise more than $1.6 million last year in bundled contributions.

One of those lobbyist-bundlers was Sanchez, who raked in $86,700 for the former Massachusetts governor. This major fundraising raises questions about the level of access and influence Sanchez — and by extension, his corporate and international clients — would have in a Romney administration.

More: http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/02/02/417019/exclusive-major-romney-bundler-is-agent-of-foreign-government/

ms_m
02-03-2012, 01:21 AM
Question: What happened at the Constitutional Convention?
Answer: The Constitution was written, or the Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution.

Correct: 35%
Incorrect: 65%

65% [[out of 1000 Americans answering this question) got it wrong….

Maybe it’s time we scale back on pointing fingers outward and start paying more attention to the fingers pointing back at us…just a thought.

How Dumb Are We?
Mar 20, 2011 10:00 AM EDT

NEWSWEEK gave 1,000 Americans the U.S. Citizenship Test--38 percent failed. The country's future is imperiled by our ignorance.

What Don't You Know? Take the Quiz., Illustration by Josh McKible for Newsweek

They’re the sort of scores that drive high-school history teachers to drink. When NEWSWEEK recently asked 1,000 U.S. citizens to take America’s official citizenship test, 29 percent couldn’t name the vice president. Seventy-three percent couldn’t correctly say why we fought the Cold War. Forty-four percent were unable to define the Bill of Rights. And 6 percent couldn’t even circle Independence Day on a calendar.

Don’t get us wrong: civic ignorance is nothing new. For as long as they’ve existed, Americans have been misunderstanding checks and balances and misidentifying their senators. And they’ve been lamenting the philistinism of their peers ever since pollsters started publishing these dispiriting surveys back in Harry Truman’s day. [[He was a president, by the way.) According to a study by Michael X. Delli Carpini, dean of the Annenberg School for Communication, the yearly shifts in civic knowledge since World War II have averaged out to “slightly under 1 percent.”
But the world has changed. And unfortunately, it’s becoming more and more inhospitable to incurious know-nothings—like us.
Read More:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2011/03/20/how-dumb-are-we.html

smark21
02-03-2012, 12:55 PM
65% [[out of 1000 Americans answering this question) got it wrong….

Maybe it’s time we scale back on pointing fingers outward and start paying more attention to the fingers pointing back at us…just a thought.

How Dumb Are We?
Mar 20, 2011 10:00 AM EDT

Read More:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2011/03/20/how-dumb-are-we.html

I took the sample questionnaire and scored 100%. Shocked myself that I knew how many amendments there are to the constitution.

ms_m
02-03-2012, 02:13 PM
We need more informed folks like you Smark21:D.....I blew the Woodrow Wilson question and could have kicked myself....I knew better....hahahaha.

I can undersatnd folks missing a few questions here and there, some time you simply get a brain freeze but geeze, most of this stuff should be second nature and how in hells bells do 65% of the people taking the test....not answer what happens at the CONSTITUTION convention ?

ms_m
02-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Bradley Manning Defense Basically Admits His Guilt, Crickets From His Pretend-Left Defenders

Thursday, February 02, 2012 | Posted by Deaniac83 at 2:39 PM

You remember the Bradley Manning case, don't you? The soldier who is charged with leaking classified information to WikiLeaks - that the entire Professional Left was in a tizzy over? And when the President said that Manning broke the law, you couldn't rest a second without hearing a earful from the same nuts about how the president is declaring someone guilty before trial.

Well, guess what? In news that fell through the crack [[and was conveniently ignored by the Pretend Left) a couple of weeks ago, we now know that Manning's own defense team is essentially admitting to his guilt. Their defense is going to be based on a few things:
• The idea that the information released wasn't really all that sensitive and didn't hurt US interests, albeit they were classified.
• Even though the released material was classified, it really shouldn't have been.
• The chain of command failed to stop Manning from releasing that information.
What's absent? Even Manning's defense won't argue that Manning in fact didn't release the classified information he's accused of releasing. Hell, they won't even argue that the government is failing to meet its burden of proof that he did so. Instead, the defense is simply, "Yeah, well, it's not that bad. And hey, it's not his fault that the others didn't stop him!"

Read more »
http://www.thepeoplesview.net/2012/02/bradley-manning-defense-basically.html

Bias bs, is bias bs, I don't care which side of the divide it's coming from...

I will always defend the right of anyone to have an opinion although I prefer that opinion be based on fact and reason but we need to push back against the divide many politicians and MSM keep trying to force on us day in and day out. This crap is out of hand.... no one is perfect, no one is always right and sometimes more fools show up on one side of the fence than others but that can be said no matter what side of a position a person takes!!!! Division isn't power, KNOWLEDGE is.....and personal responsibility helps too.

ms_m
02-03-2012, 03:29 PM
GOP ‘Sons-A-Bitches’ Going Soft On Gunwalking, Says Blogger Who Broke ‘Fast And Furious’

Mike Vanderboegh is drinking Diet Mountain Dew in the cafeteria of the Rayburn building on Capitol Hill, and he is pissed.
Not because his flight from Alabama was almost “as bumpy as [his] first marriage,” nor because he almost got into a physical altercation with an “idiot street urban adventurer” outside the National Archives who said Vanderboegh looked like Newt Gingrich.

The former militia man turned gun rights blogger is angry because he thinks the Republican “sons-a-bitches” on the House Oversight Committee put on the “ultimate display of public limp dickery” during a Thursday hearing in which Attorney General Eric Holder testified about ATF’s botched Operation Fast and Furious.

Read full story here: http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/02/republican_sons_a_bitches_going_soft_on_gunwalking _says_blogger.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

About Vanderboegh:

...Vanderboegh said he once worked as a warehouse manager but now lives on government disability checks. He said he receives $1,300 a month because of his congestive heart failure, diabetes and hypertension. He has private health insurance through his wife, who works for a company that sells forklift products.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/25/AR2010032501722_2.html?sid=ST2010032402500

In the comment section:

Wow. I'm always stunned there are "libertarians" that collect disability checks. The two ideas just aren't compatible at all. Either you have a safety net, or you have small government.

Reality and ideology will often provide things that may you go….hmmmm

I wonder why this Libertarian didn’t turn down his govt sponsored disability check for the safety net of private "free market” donors…..hmmmmm

The part about this dude getting pissed because someone said he looked like Newt is funny too…although I guess I can understand why he wouldn’t take too kindly to the comparison….LOL

...but anyhoo and conspiracy theories about blackmail and sheep aside.....the Repubs seemed to have gone soft on this issue because the evidence was pointing to the incompetence of Bush and company....and by extension...the Repubs....oops!

ms_m
02-03-2012, 04:09 PM
TPMLivewire
03-02-2012 02:17 PM
Newt: No Reason We Can't Return To $2-Per-Gallon Gasoline

Newt Gingrich, speaking in Las Vegas on American energy independence, says there is "no objective reason why we can't get back to $2-per-gallon gasoline."
Newt repeated one of his common campaign lines: an American president should "never have to bow before a Saudi king." The line brought the Vegas crowd to their feet.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entries/newt-no-reason-we-cant-return-to-2

Would someone be so kind as to explain to me how the President of the United States has the power to control the price of gas? He can go after price fixers but set the price…..I think not…but hey, this is Newt we are talking about…Newt can do anything, vote for Newt, standing ovation for Newt….hahahahaha

If one of the the world’s greatest consumers of gas was less dependent on gas….we wouldn’t have to deal with the outrageous prices and fluctuations. Even if you drill for oil and gas here in the US, sooner or later you will deplete the supply and then where will future generations be? No gas and more environmental problems that will bite us in the butt.
...but with some, it's all about now I guess. shrugs

Saudi Kings aren’t the problem folks.

ms_m
02-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Language: A Key Mechanism of Control

Newt Gingrich's 1996 GOPAC memo

As you know, one of the key points in the GOPAC tapes is that "language matters." In the video "We are a Majority," Language is listed as a key mechanism of control used by a majority party, along with Agenda, Rules, Attitude and Learning. As the tapes have been used in training sessions across the country and mailed to candidates we have heard a plaintive plea: "I wish I could speak like Newt."

That takes years of practice. But, we believe that you could have a significant impact on your campaign and the way you communicate if we help a little. That is why we have created this list of words and phrases.

This list is prepared so that you might have a directory of words to use in writing literature and mail, in preparing speeches, and in producing electronic media. The words and phrases are powerful. Read them. Memorize as many as possible. And remember that like any tool, these words will not help if they are not used.

While the list could be the size of the latest "College Edition" dictionary, we have attempted to keep it small enough to be readily useful yet large enough to be broadly functional. The list is divided into two sections: Optimistic Positive Governing words and phrases to help describe your vision for the future of your community [[your message) and Contrasting words to help you clearly define the policies and record of your opponent and the Democratic party.

Please let us know if you have any other suggestions or additions. We would also like to know how you use the list. Call us at GOPAC or write with your suggestions and comments. We may include them in the next tape mailing so that others can benefit from your knowledge and experience.

Optimistic Positive Governing Words
Use the list below to help define your campaign and your vision of public service. These words can help give extra power to your message. In addition, these words help develop the positive side of the contrast you should create with your opponent, giving your community something to vote for!

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article4443.htm

This could be useful in trying to decipher the words of the GOP….at the very least the words of the Newtser….although there isn’t any shame in my game when I say, I’m pulling for him in the primaries…go get ‘em Newt, blow the Repub party…oops I mean Romney sky high….hahahahaha

BTW...I can not independently verify if this memo is valid but on the other hand, I didn't bother to try....sue me...LOL

ms_m
02-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Ann Coulter Confronts Mitt Romney: 'You Owe Me' [[AUDIO)

During a radio appearance on Thursday, conservative pundit Ann Coulter revealed that she once had a rather revealing private talk with GOP candidate Mitt Romney. Coulter was speaking with conservative talk show host Sean Hannity.

Hannity asked Coulter who she thinks Romney will "surround himself with" if he were to be elected president. Coulter, who is a staunch Romney supporter, said, "well I better have his ear." Coulter added that she was once at a fundraiser and approached Romney just before she was leaving the event. "I just wanted to go up to him and tell him, ‘You owe me and you better be as right-wing a president as I’m telling everybody you’re going to be,’” Coulter said.

Hannity asked how Romney responded to Coulter's demands. "He laughed about it and acknowledged the point and said something to the effect 'don't worry,'" Coulter said of Romney.

Coulter has also been a harsh critic of GOP candidate Newt Gingrich. Coulter and conservative pundit Glenn Beck recently criticized the former Speaker of the House for his infamous doodles.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/03/ann-coulter-mitt-romney-you-owe-me_n_1252274.html

The possibility of Ann Coulter having the ear of the President of the United States????…..holy sht!

You have to have some serious issues going on to vote for anyone backed by this woman….S E R I O U S LY, seek help….NOW !!!!!!

ms_m
02-05-2012, 12:57 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMsYg_tACZQ

OH and the article can be found here…..:D

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/02/newt-im-not-going-anywhere-mitt.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

ms_m
02-22-2012, 07:45 PM
Romney and Santorum seek edge in 20th debate

…In the hours leading to the event, Romney called for a 20 percent across-the-board cut in personal income taxes as part of a program he said would revitalize the economy and help create jobs. The top tax rate would drop from 35 percent to 28 percent, and some popular breaks would be scaled back for upper-income taxpayers. However, aides provided scant details.

"We've got to have more jobs, less debt and smaller government, they go together," Romney said in an appearance in nearby Chandler. "By lowering those marginal rates, we help businesses that pay at the individual tax rate to have more money so they can hire more people."

Romney's proposal sharpened his differences with President Barack Obama, who favors allowing tax cuts enacted under former President George W. Bush to expire on higher incomes….
Full Article:
http://www.boston.com/news/politics/articles/2012/02/22/romney_and_santorum_seek_edge_in_20th_debate/?page=1

Best Comment of the day:

Honey,I'm home

How was your day?

I hired some new workers.

That's great, honey. Do you have new orders?

No.

Do you have back orders?

No.

Are you behind schedule?

No.

Then why hire anybody?

Because Mitt Romney gave me a tax cut.

Honey, are you going to take our money and pay it to an employee that has nothing to do?

You don't understand, I got a tax cut.

ms_m
03-09-2012, 12:59 AM
The Senate narrowly rejected a GOP-sponsored measure that would have bypassed the Obama administration's objections to the Keystone XL pipeline and allowed construction on the controversial project to begin. Fifty-six senators voted in favor of the amendment -- four short of the 60 required for approval.

The proposed 1,700-mile long pipeline expansion, intended to carry crude oil from Canada's oil sands to the U.S. Gulf Coast, has become a political lightning rod. Supporters, including the oil industry, say it's a vital job creator that will lessen the country's dependence on oil imported from volatile regions. Opponents say the pipeline may leak, and that it will lock the United States into a particularly dirty form of crude that might ultimately end up being exported anyway.

President Barack Obama rejected a bid in January to expedite the pipeline, arguing that a decision deadline imposed by Congress did not leave sufficient time to conduct necessary reviews. Administration officials have said the president may still eventually give the project a green light, though critics accuse him of trying to delay a final decision until after the November election. Obama personally lobbied, wavering Democrats to block passage of the amendment.

ms_m
03-10-2012, 09:34 PM
FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012

When it comes to advertisers avoiding controversial shows,
it's not just Rush

From today’s TRI Newsletter: Premiere Networks is circulating a list of 98 advertisers who want to avoid “environments likely to stir negative sentiments.”
The list includes carmakers [[Ford, GM, Toyota), insurance companies [[Allstate, Geico, Prudential, State Farm) and restaurants [[McDonald’s, Subway).
As you’ll see in the note below, those “environments” go beyond the Rush Limbaugh show –

http://www.radio-info.com/news/when-it-comes-to-advertisers-avoiding-controversial-shows-its-not-just-rush

jillfoster
03-11-2012, 12:53 AM
haha!! Ms. M... I was just coming in to post that link! This sponsor meltdown is as bad for right wing talk radio as the heartbreak of Psoriasis! This is more than I ever could have dreamed of. Rush is still bloviating that no harm is coming to his show, but we all know he's lying. After all... he calls himself the EIB NETWORK. NETWORK implies that you air or produce SHOWS... as in PLURAL. I can place good money on Clear Channel shitting bricks right about now. And all the other hate mongers on talk radio are gonna put Rush on their shit list, cause he's bringing the whole genre down with him. Who knew that right wing talk was like an ant hill... get rid of the queen... I made some comments on Think Progress that if Rush keeps talking about him "Only losing two french fries", etc... then we should just take that as a signal to push HARDER. Keep pounding him in the face until he says uncle.

ms_m
03-11-2012, 05:54 AM
Jill Foster, too many Conservatives think they are still living in the 50's....or at the very least, trying to bring those days back....it's not going to happen.

In this day and age women own a very large share of the buying power, withholding that buying power kicks men like Rush and his cohorts right where it hurts.;)

stephanie
03-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Women of the world unite! Hit them where it hurts Ms and jill!!!! Rush has gotten away with this for too long.

jillfoster
03-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Steph, it's up to 140 sponsors now, social media has allowed us to unite as never before. And us democrats seem to be more techno savvy by and large than conservatives which tend to be old and set in their ways. I've heard SO MANY people call right wing talk radio around here who are over 60 and do NOT even own a computer.

soulster
03-12-2012, 09:39 PM
The situation is changing. More older people are getting into using computers.

I have found that those who do not have computers tend to listen to conservative talk radio.

soulster
03-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Jill Foster, too many Conservatives think they are still living in the 50's....or at the very least, trying to bring those days back....it's not going to happen.

This is very true going by the older conservatives I talk to. More of them tend to live in small towns and they somehow let the world pass them by. Then, somewhere along the line, they woke up, and decided they didn't like what they see. Not to bring race into it, but they have no knowledge of anything that is not lilly-white.

ms_m
03-21-2012, 03:53 AM
GOP Budget Plan To Reduce The Debt Actually Makes The Debt Worse

By Travis Waldron posted from ThinkProgress Economy on Mar 20, 2012 at 6:50 pm

House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan [[R-WI) released the GOP’s new budget this morning, and in doing so, he touted it as a plan to make America’s level of debt more sustainable. “We’ve shared with Americans a specific plan of action that cuts spending, pays off the debt and gets our economy back on the path to prosperity,” Ryan said.

The problem with Ryan’s rhetoric is that his plan fails to match it. By giving massive tax breaks to corporations and the top one percent and preserving unsustainable levels of defense spending, the House GOP’s plan to reduce the debt would fail to reduce the debt. In fact, because it assumes levels of revenue that are pure fantasy under his tax proposals, the plan would actually increase the debt, according to an analysis by Center for American Progress Tax and Budget Policy Director Michael Linden:

But the House budget’s entire claim to deficit reduction is built on the foundation of those fantasy revenue levels. Without them, the debt goes up, not down. In fact, with all the House budget’s tax cuts properly accounted for, revenue would average just 15.3 percent of GDP from 2013 through 2022, not 18.3 percent. The result: deficits would never drop below 4.4 percent of GDP, and would rise to more than 5 percent of GDP by 2022.
The national debt, measured as a share of GDP, would never decline, surpassing 80 percent by 2014, and 90 percent by 2022. By comparison, President Barack Obama’s budget proposal, released in February, would stabilize the debt by 2015, and bring it down to 76 percent by 2022.
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/03/20/448664/gop-fails-to-reduce-the-debt/

jillfoster
03-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Have you seen this, Ms. M?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciuGxdMuQLg

ms_m
03-21-2012, 11:15 AM
Yeah I saw it several weeks ago. A friend turned me on to it.

Jillfoster, although there are more than a handful of people like this, I've seen and heard some dumb mofo's on both sides of the political fence and in all parts of the country....heck, have you seen some of the things people say right here on SDF?

Stereotyping and cherry picking makes for a good laugh but it will not give you the entire story. I can tell you from experience, I've met some extremely intelligent people from Mississippi, Alabama. etc. and some folks from the North that were dumb as a box of rocks and made these folks look like genius.

As far back as I can remember I've fought with people about racism and the fact it never went away and now all of a sudden, the media and everyone else are pushing it as if it was just invented. I'm all for calling it and ignorance in general out Jillfoster, but I'm more interested in finding away for us to go forward no matter what our beliefs. I'm tired of the hate and negativity....I'm tired of it from ALL SIDES!

jillfoster
03-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Speaking of Mississippi...
http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/02/mississippi_rep_wants_the_gulf_of_mexico_renamed_t .php

jillfoster
03-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Rick Santorum at a firing range, target shooting.... female admirer calls out "Pretend it's Obama":

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/03/as-santorum-fires-gun-woman-shouts-pretend-its-obama/

ms_m
03-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Don't know how many people saw the link GeeTee posted written by Sinead O Connor but it was a very good piece. I agree with her there is a major shift happening....but where we differ is where that shift is heading. She takes a more positive view, I'm just not sure. I think it could go either way unless more Americans begin to wake up. But in the end, what will be, will be I guess. shrugs

The Koch Brothers

People & Power asks why the billionaire siblings are spending a fortune in support of a conservative political agenda.

By People & Power reporter Bob Abeshouse
Charles and David Koch are each worth about $25bn, which makes them the fourth richest Americans. When you combine their fortunes, they are the third wealthiest people in the world. Radical libertarians who use their money to oppose government and virtually all regulation as interference with the free market, the Kochs are in a class of their own as players on the American political stage. Their web of influence in the US stretches from state capitals to the halls of congress in Washington DC.

The Koch brothers fueled the conservative Tea Party movement that vigorously opposes Barack Obama, the US president. They fund efforts to derail action on global warming, and support politicians who object to raising taxes on corporations or the wealthy to help fix America’s fiscal problems. According to New Yorker writer Jane Mayer, who wrote a groundbreaking exposé of the Kochs in 2010, they have built a top to bottom operation to shape public policy that has been "incredibly effective. They are so rich that their pockets are almost bottomless, and they can keep pouring money into this whole process".
Koch industries, the second largest privately-held company in the US, is an oil refining, chemical, paper products and financial services company with revenues of a $100bn a year. Virtually every American household has some Koch product - from paper towels and lumber, to Stainmaster carpet and Lycra in sports clothes, to gasoline for cars. The Koch’s political philosophy of rolling back environmental and financial regulations is also beneficial to their business interests.

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/peopleandpower/2011/10/2011102683719370179.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOCHAv25uTw

ms_m
03-30-2012, 04:23 AM
Desperate for a Whiter America: GOP Faces Disaster Among Minorities and Women
Thursday, March 29, 2012 | Posted by Deaniac83 at 4:33 PM
The People’s View
http://www.thepeoplesview.net/2012/03/desperate-for-whiter-america-gop-faces.html

In a new CNN poll, President Obama captures a 51% approval rating, up from the last couple of months. It seems like the Republicans' desperate attempt to tar and feather this president with gas prices is not working. President Obama beats Mitt Romney 54% to 43% among registered voters, and 56% to 40% among all adults. But real devil, as they say, is in the details. When you look at the details, you find out where the Republican party has ended up: almost exclusively a party of white males, and they are having trouble holding on to either of those categories while Democrats and President Obama are wracking up huge advantages among minorities and women.

I don't think I have to reiterate the war on women. I'm going to give you a look in charts on the race and gender gaps.

Race

President Obama's approval, while 51% among the total population, is a whopping 78% among non-whites, and only 40% among white voters.

Similarly, the Democratic party, which enjoys a 48-35 favorability advantage over the GOP, has a 67-22 advantage among non-whites. Whites find both parties equally appealing.

And Barack Obama handily beats Mitt Romney by a 54-43 margin, but he creams Romney by a whopping 61-point margin among racial minorities.

Now you know why the Republicans are in a hurry to pass voter ID laws to try to disenfranchise minority voters.

The gaps are smaller for women, but here they are:

Women approve of Obama by a 54-45 margin [[men are split at 48-48).

54% have a favorable view of the Democratic party while only 34% have a favorable view of the Republican party.

And Obama crushes Romney among women by a 20-point margin.

ms_m
03-30-2012, 05:55 AM
I’ve been meaning to address this topic and after looking at the poll above, decided it was time.

Painting a group of people with a broad brush is a personal pet peeve of mine. I don’t like it when it’s done to me and I don’t like it when it’s done to others.

In 2008 several prominent members of the Republican Party endorsed Barack Obama for President.

Republicans and Conservatives Endorsing Barack in 2008
By John Martin - Posted on 16 October 2008
http://www.republicansforobama.org/?q=node/3341

Can someone explain to me why a member of the KKK would endorse a Black man for anything, much less President of the United States?

Speaking of Black men…Colin Powell is not only Black, he’s a Republican. Now in all honesty, I’ve never been to a KKK meeting but I’m going to take a wild guess and say, they leave the hoods off while in their private setting.

Barack Obama won the presidency with the help of Independents as well as Republicans and as of 2 years ago, many of those Repubs say they may vote for him again.

Republicans who backed Obama say they may vote for him again
By Hannah Brenton and Hayleigh Colombo - 10/28/10 05:00 PM ET
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/126421-republicans-who-backed-obama-say-they-may-vote-for-him-again

Since anything is possible, I’m willing to throw caution to the wind and say, it could be argued that in the last two years those same Repubs made a mad dash to join the KKK…. :rolleyes: …..although highly unlikely imo.
If they weren’t willing to vote for McCain and Palin, why would they vote for the current crop of Repub candidates who are worse. [[hard to imagine but true imo) Come to think of it, many of the Repubs claiming to support Romney don’t even like him and when he resets the etch sketch for the general, he’s going to piss off a lot of folks but I digress.

So, my point is this, with voter suppression laws that could disenfranchise not only Blacks but the elderly and students who could very well vote for President Obama, why demonize a potential group of voters? Especially when we already have laws designed to take away the voting power of others?

How does that make any sense?

Now I'm sure there are people thinking, what's the big deal if Repubs are being demonized on a forum that most people will never see?

How do you know what people will see? How many times have you passed on or discussed something that was on the forum? Do you know for a fact the person you passed the info to didn't pass it on to someone else? Has anyone ever noticed the "views" versus the replies on many of these threads?

Now many of these threads are being checked out by the same people, I'm sure, but members as well as non members lurk...you simply will never know all the people who are actually reading [[or not reading) the things we write.

btw.....All types of people like sweet soul music, including Republicans....THINK about it folks....many of the people you talk music to, could be the very people you are insulting.

ms_m
03-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Mitt Romney’s Local Panders Generate National Mockery
http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/03/pandering-to-the-locals-is.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

Even though it’s been denied, I’ll always believe Reagan entered the WH with early dementia [[which eventually led to Alzheimer) but on his worse day he was a better campaigner than Mittens. Yet, with all likelihood this is going to be the standard bearer of the Republican Party in the general election.

I will never be convinced this man gives a crap about anyone but himself. He only wants the job for the power. He certainly doesn’t need the money, the private jet or the big house. It’s estimated that Mittens the Etch a Sketch, makes an estimated 47K a DAY [[with investments and although I haven’t attempted to confirmed that tidbit it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s true)

Then, there are the down tickets races… a Romney “win” could bring in more extreme conservatives nationally, locally and statewide….”Stand Your Ground” will be the least of the laws we’ll have to deal with it.....a second Romney term and it's all over but the shouting. The Koch Brothers and the extremist get what they have been working towards for more than 40 years.

ms_m
03-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Diagnosing the Republican Brain
Fact: Conservatives deny science and facts. But there's a reality check that liberals need too.
—By Chris Mooney
| Fri Mar. 30, 2012 3:00 AM PDT

http://motherjones.com/politics/2012/03/chris-mooney-republican-brain-science-denial?page=1

This is a long article but definitely worth the read. The last few paragraphs alone [[see below) are worth wading through all the other theories and observations to get to.

Slightly off topic….whenever I read articles like this…..Aretha and “THINK” pop into my head and now it’s stuck there for the rest of the day. LOL

[…]So it is not that Schlafly, or other conservatives as sophisticated as he, can't make an argument. Rather, the problem is that when Schlafly makes an argument, it's hard to believe it has anything to do with real intellectual give and take. He's not arguing out of an openness to changing his mind. He's arguing to reaffirm what he already thinks [[his "faith"), to defend the authorities he trusts, and to bolster the beliefs of his compatriots, his tribe, his team.

Liberals [[and scientists) have too often tried to dodge the mounting evidence that this is how people work. Perhaps because it leads to a place that terrifies them: an anti-Enlightenment world in which evidence and argument don't work to change people's minds.

But that response, too, is a form of denial—liberal denial, a doctrine whose chief delusion is not so much the failure to accept facts, but rather, the failure to understand conservatives. And that denial can't continue. Because as President Obama's first term has shown—from the healthcare battle to the debt ceiling crisis—ignoring the psychology of the right has not only left liberals frustrated and angry, but has left the country in a considerably worse state than that.

ms_m
04-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Allen West Claims Congressman In Hoodie Created Security Threat
By Alex Seitz-Wald on Mar 30, 2012 at 12:30 pm
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/03/30/455596/allen-west-bobby-rush/

WEST: They’re watching us real close now. … Right now, the security folks there on the House floor are laughing about it, but initially, they did not know who it was. And they were concerned that someone had just walked off the street, or you know, wondered off a tour group.

BS, BS, BS....

This is the type of ignorance that passes as opinion and commentary in our country, this is why I’m all about people using their brains to think. There are people who will read this and say, yeah, yeah he’s right, he caused a security problem. And with that same ignorant and closed mind, they will pretend the comment underneath doesn’t exist or it’s just the “lame stream media” spreading more lies….

It seems incredibly improbable that security personnel were unable to recognize Rush, considering that he entered the House chamber wearing a suit and tie, complete with his congressional lapel pin, and was recognized by the chairman to speak on the floor. Only during his speech did he remove his jacket to reveal a hood and only then for a few moments. C-SPAN’s cameras had no problem identifying Rush, and neither did Rep. Gregg Harper [[R-MS), who was serving as speaker pro tem and gaveled him off the floor.

and trust me, the script can be flipped to show examples of similar behavior from the other side.

ms_m
04-03-2012, 07:07 PM
FaultLine: Disenfranchised in America

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4KdLDhA8Yg

I’m waiting and hoping this entire episode will eventually make it to YouTube. This is a must see documentary.

You can always check the Al Jazeera website for the next [[full) airing through its website and I’ll keep checking youtube. Al Jazeera will often upload their special programming after a certain period of time.

ms_m
04-03-2012, 07:29 PM
I just finished watching the full episode of this and wrote a statement down that I wanted to share. When one of the reporters spoke to a legislator [[off camera) about the new voting laws in his state he said, we need to protect the "purity" of the ballot box. I can understand protecting the integrity of the ballot box, I can understand protecting the legality of the voting system but in the South, when you say you want to protect the "purity" of something...that's code, that's a dog whistle.....but before and after you get mad, before and after you vent, get even.... use that energy and do something positive and constructive to push back against the BS.

jillfoster
04-04-2012, 03:23 AM
Purity of the voting box... very interesting choice of words.

ms_m
04-04-2012, 09:44 AM
JillFoster, once you see this in its entirety it will go from interesting to frightening. Voter registration is down, not because people are not enthusiastic but because of these laws. Many of these laws have a provision that has stopped groups from trying to sign people up. It use to be you had two weeks to check the info and names of all the people you would register, now you have 48 hours and one mistake....just one mistake can get you a 5 thousand dollar fine and jail time.

I listen to people talk about voter fraud and I have yet to hear anyone point to a case a specific case of it happening. They will make up crap about 900 dead people voting in SC but you can't find anything....NOTHING that supports 900 dead people in SC voting....why....IT DIDN'T HAPPEN...yet people are reciting and believing this BS like its the gospel.

Folks are saying voting is a "privilege"...thousands upon thousands of people didn't fight and die for a privilege, they died and fought for a right to vote and if we simply sit back and do and or say nothing to try and stop this madness....all the finger pointing in the world, all the name calling in the world will not cover the fact we have no one but ourselves to blame for getting royally screwed without the Vaseline!

ms_m
04-04-2012, 03:41 PM
It's amazing to me Mittens thinks this ploy will work but what's even more amazing, for many it will because they will not even question it. They will simply believe it...no research, no critical thinking, no questions asked!

TPM2012
Romney To Obama: I Know You Are, But What Am I?
BENJY SARLIN APRIL 4, 2012, 2:15 PM 6553

Call it the “I’m rubber, you’re glue” election.

Running President Bush’s campaigns, Karl Rove became famous for taking his opponent’s single biggest strength and turning it into his biggest weakness. Mitt Romney is laying out another approach: taking his own top vulnerabilities and projecting them onto his opponent.

As Romney begins to settle into the role of presumptive nominee, he is deploying the strategy more and more. On Wednesday, Romney addressed the Newspaper Association of America in Washington, D.C. only a day after President Obama spoke there, delivering his his toughest speech yet. Obama targeted Romney and the House GOP with a slew of attacks that will likely help define the general election.

The contrast between the two speeches was striking. Name an accusation Obama and Democrats have used against Romney, and chances are you heard the same charge leveled against Obama in Romney’s speech.
http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/04/romney-to-obama-i-know-you-are-but-what-am-i.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

ms_m
04-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Disenfranchised in America

I believe this is the full video but when I watched it initially I didn't pay attention to the time. I actually thought it was longer but later I'll look at this again to make sure this is actually the full episode and not just a part one or something along those lines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuB8c-E9gro

ms_m
04-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Romney, Who Has Two Harvard Degrees, Says Obama Spent ‘Too Much Time At Harvard’
By Alex Seitz-Wald on Apr 5, 2012 at 11:20 am

Alternative Title:

Idiot makes idiotic comment…

:rolleyes:

Speaking at his Pennsylvania campaign headquarters this morning, Mitt Romney attacked President Obama as out of touch for spending too much time at Harvard, where the president went to law school. “We have a president, who I think is is a nice guy, but he spent too much time at Harvard, perhaps,” Romney said.

Speaking at his Pennsylvania campaign headquarters this morning, Mitt Romney attacked President Obama as out of touch for spending too much time at Harvard, where the president went to law school. “We have a president, who I think is is a nice guy, but he spent too much time at Harvard, perhaps,” Romney said.
Watch it:
Unfortunately for Romney, his attack is undermined by the fact that the GOP presidential hopeful has twice as many degrees from Harvard as Obama. Romney earned a combined JD/MBA from the elite Cambridge, Massachusetts university. That means Romney spent an extra year at Harvard, getting the combined degree in four years, compared to Obama’s three for the JD alone. Indeed, Romney thrived at Harvard by all accounts.
Romney has previously attacked Obama for taking advice from the “Harvard faculty lounge,” even though one of Romney’s top economic advisers is Harvard professor Greg Mankiw.
Romney has also taken at least $32,000 in contributions from Harvard faculty and administrators.
http://thinkprogress.org/special/2012/04/05/458987/romney-who-has-two-harvard-degrees-says-obama-has-spent-too-much-time-at-harvard/

ms_m
04-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Mitt Romney Versus Reality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM9DVC7kd7s&feature=player_embedded

From time to time, all politicians stretch the truth, but Mitt Romney is in a league of his own. Whether he's talking about himself or his opponent, he's one of the most consistently dishonest politicians ever to seek the presidency. He spouts so much nonsense it's almost like he's delusional, but he's not. He knows he's lying. He's not the kind of guy who actually believes in conspiracy theories. He's the kind of guy who, when it serves his own interest, creates conspiracy theories for others to believe. And the great thing about this video is that it efficiently and persuasively exposes Romney for who he really is: an unscrupulous salesman.

I watched a documentary on Mitt Romney and Mormonism.... in their world, the ends justifies the means. If that means lying, then lying is what they will do.

ms_m
04-07-2012, 04:00 PM
:DWill The Real Mitt Romney Please Stand Up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxch-yi14BE

chidrummer
05-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Every once and a while someone is compelled to to tell truth to power. Here is one of those times from the pages of The Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/lets-just-say-it-the-republicans-are-the-problem/2012/04/27/gIQAxCVUlT_story.html

MotownSteve
05-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Yesterday over a very nice lunch a friend was telling me a study was done that showed right wingers have little if any empathy while left wingers have plenty. Not really surprising.

ms_m
05-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Sometime all you need is a hug and a smile:D

stephanie
05-21-2012, 10:19 AM
This is what I like about President Obama he is there with the people and if some would just give him a chance we could get a lot done. I DO fear what the Koch brothers and others are doing with the Super Pac attacks though. He is a politician but I think he does have the best interest of the people in his heart. Obama 2012! Thanks for the pic Ms M

ms_m
05-25-2012, 12:57 PM
You're welcome Stephanie and yes I believe he has the best interest of the people and this country in his heart as well but he needs help in working towards his goals and if people are as sick as I am, as Andrew Sullivan is and a lot of others that the media doesn't even bother to report on ...then we have to make sure he gets re-elected to continue the fight because whatever ill will ANYONE has towards this man for WHATEVER reason, I can guarantee...the alternative will be a disaster.....history has already shown us that....people need to wake up and smell the coffee, hold their nose, close their eyes or whatever but they need to get over themselves and FIGHT to keep him in office....and not simply talk about it but be about it!

Andrew Sullivan: “I’m sick of the attempt to describe a pragmatic, sane and successful president as somehow unqualified”

Obama did not have a serious choice; he had a fate. That fate was to pick up the pieces of the most catastrophic presidency in modern times. The final bouquet – after emptying the public coffers with no serious boost to employment, profits or growth – was the financial collapse, which both shrunk the economy, decimated revenues to 50 year lows, andautomatically increased spending for the unemployed and poor in desperate need of help. Once you account for that – and the Nutting graph indeed shows that this was baked in the cake by the time Obama was elected – Obama has been, like most modern Democrats, far more fiscally conservative than any modern Republican.

Now you could argue that Obama should have let the auto industry go fully bankrupt, allow the economy to head into deflation and depression without any fiscal stimulus to counter, cut the unemployed off at the knees – and we would be Greece today, underwater in a deepening and self-reinforcing depression. Can you imagine what Romney would have said about Obama’s record then?

And yes, as Suderman notes, the real criticism should be focused on the absence of any long-term deal on entitlements, defense, taxes and spending – a deal that would do a huge amount for business confidence. But seriously: if one side simply refuses to put any serious revenue increases on the table at all, who’s really preventing that effort?

Full Article: http://blackwaterdog.wordpress.com/2012/05/25/andrew-sullivan-im-sick-of-the-attempt-to-describe-a-pragmatic-sane-and-successful-president-as-somehow-unqualified/