PDA

View Full Version : Supremes: Mastered for iTunes

test

ejluther
03-09-2015, 04:54 PM
Any thoughts about this generally or specifically? I've got them all on nice CDs except Sam Cooke, Liverpool & Country & Western so I might buy them...9233

ejluther
03-09-2015, 04:58 PM
Well I don't have "Funny Girl" on a nice CD but I already have the terrific expanded download version...I wonder if the expanded A-Go-Go will be coming soon?

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
03-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Now are these really remastered? Cause like I posted on the Sam Cooke thread the iTunes version of We Remember Sam Cooke does not sound different at all compared to the early 90's cd version which I still have.

brother_love
03-09-2015, 09:34 PM
Where's TCB or GIT?

ejluther
03-10-2015, 08:52 AM
That's my question, too, aaron...I suspect it's just some subtle tweaking of the EQ levels...

thommg
03-10-2015, 11:49 AM
According to a comment on his Facebook page, Andy Skurow mentioned that anything that was expanded or released recently would not sound much different. He said the biggest sound difference would be on titles like Cream of the Crop & Let The Sunshine & Diana's Working Overtime because they have never been transferred at a higher resolution. Also, I believe he stated that Country Western & Pop is the stereo version and not the mono version released about 20 years ago. Maybe that explains the time differences on the extra tracks. Perhaps those are the mono versions retained because there is a substantial difference in vocals? Or it could just be an iTunes mistake.

carlo
03-10-2015, 01:06 PM
Thanks thommg! I will have to check out Workin' Overtime, as well as the two Sups albums, for the sound difference. Might be worth purchasing :)

soulster
03-10-2015, 10:16 PM
Any thoughts about this generally or specifically? I've got them all on nice CDs except Sam Cooke, Liverpool & Country & Western so I might buy them...9233
The same are also available as lossless on Pono, as I also posted on Carole Cucumber's thread about the same thing a day or two ago. :)

sup_fan
03-10-2015, 10:45 PM
i just downloaded all of them but forgot Workin'! back to iTunes i go! lol

i wonder if this means there won't be expanded editions on these. or at least some of these. they already included those 2 extra Liverpool tracks. maybe there really just aren't too many things left from some of these sessions. and lp's like Cream or Sunshine weren't really projects so much as just collections of tracks and the latest singles. with the previously issued L&F, maybe the idea is to do a second set of that, along with these digital releases, in order to get the music out to the fans.

just speculating

ejluther
03-11-2015, 09:13 AM
When I try to access CREAM OF THE CROP I'm told it's not available in the U.S. store...weird.

sup_fan
03-11-2015, 11:47 AM
i believe there are problems today with the iTunes store.

ejluther
03-11-2015, 05:22 PM
The same are also available as lossless on Pono
They're also at TIDAL - TIDAL is a subscription HiFi/CD-quality/lossless streaming music service that I've had for a few months and really enjoy...

https://tidalhifi.com/us/campaign/audio

sansradio
03-11-2015, 06:33 PM
i believe there are problems today with the iTunes store.

Yes, indeed, sup_fan:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/apple-itunes-app-store-mac-app-store-article-1.2145319