PDA

View Full Version : $750 LP's hot sellers?

test

blueskies
03-06-2015, 05:42 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/makers/why-this-record-stores-750-lps-are-hot-sellers-112730604250.html

Sorry, this doesn't belong in the Motown section, but, it won't let me move or delete.

soulster
03-07-2015, 12:21 AM
I've been reading about this on the Steve Hoffman forum for years. basically, it's about a guy who does all the research in finding what he feels is the best-sounding vinyl for a client. The records aren't special, but, anyone who is a connoisseur of vinyl knows that one pressing can sound different from another.

Obviously, this service caters to the wealthy music lover who can afford such things. It ain't me! I ain't no fortunate son.

blueskies
03-07-2015, 10:36 AM
I've been reading about this on the Steve Hoffman forum for years. basically, it's about a guy who does all the research in finding what he feels is the best-sounding vinyl for a client. The records aren't special, but, anyone who is a connoisseur of vinyl knows that one pressing can sound different from another.

Obviously, this service caters to the wealthy music lover who can afford such things. It ain't me! I ain't no fortunate son.

I hear ya soulster....I'm more like the un-fortunate son.

kenneth
03-07-2015, 10:59 AM
I can safely say that even if I had the money for this, I wouldn't spend $750 on any album that I could find a decent pressing of somewhere else!