PDA

View Full Version : The Supremes on Spotify

test

RobertZ
03-05-2015, 09:22 AM
[[Note: I am well aware of the reduced royalties paid by Spotify and support the efforts of those seeking to remedy that situation. My intention of this post is to simply let my fellow music enthusiasts know that in the streaming age we can listen to this wonderful music without breaking the budget on CD purchases)

I’ve reluctantly become a Spotify enthusiast. My budget does not allow for the purchase of every CD I would like to own. The sound is great, the site is easy to navigate, the selection of titles surprisingly deep, and it was easy to install on my computer with no performance issues whatsoever. There are no liner notes at all, which is a negative.

Here is a list of Supremes titles available for [[legal!) streaming:

I Hear A Symphony [[Expanded)
At The Copa [[Expanded)
More Hits [[Expanded)
Let Yourself Go box

Meet The Supremes [[Expanded)
Magnificent: The Complete Studio Duets [[w/ Four Tops)
This Is The Story box

The ‘70s Anthology
Rogers & Hart
The Pink Box
The Supremes Sing Country Western & Pop
High Energy
Mary, Scherrie, & Susaye
The Supremes [[‘75)
In Japan
Floy Joy
Produced & Arranged by Jimmy Webb
The Return of the Magnificent 7
Touch
New Ways But Love Stays
Right On
The Magnificent 7
Love Child
The Supremes Sing HDH
We Remember Sam Cook
A Bit of Liverpool
Since My Baby’s Been Gone [[The Oldtown EP)

sansradio
03-05-2015, 01:27 PM
Wow, We Remember Sam Cooke is on Spotify? Couldn't find it the other day. This must mean that iTunes won't be far behind since they're usually simpatico. Thanks for the heads-up.

sansradio
03-06-2015, 10:31 PM
Yes! iTunes now has added WRSC, Liverpool, and the original Funny Girl [[odd, given the latter's expanded release). It seems as though they've remastered most of the Sups' catalog for iTunes. Holding out for Live at London's Talk of the Town ​next!

carlo
03-07-2015, 09:02 PM
Sweet! I had no idea We Remember Sam Cooke was released on iTunes. It says 2015, so this must be new. Purchasing right now!

sansradio
03-08-2015, 11:07 AM
Sweet! I had no idea We Remember Sam Cooke was released on iTunes. It says 2015, so this must be new. Purchasing right now!

Sweet, indeed, carlo! I've been rebuilding my [DRA]TS collection little by little; those '90s re-releases are as rare as hens' teeth. I don't use Amazon/Ebay/etc., so iTunes has been a godsend. Wish Universal would wise up and just make everything downloadable, including 25th Anniversary and The Never-Before-Released Masters.

carlo
03-09-2015, 11:55 AM
Yes, I would also love to see Never Before Released Masters on iTunes.