PDA

View Full Version : Thelma houston's new "any way you like it" [[expanded) cd available as of today!

test

Philles/Motown Gary
02-24-2015, 06:10 PM
Good News! Joe Marchese from The Second Disc CD newsletter has announced that Thelma Houston’s "Any Way You Like It" [[Expanded) CD is available today courtesy of Cherry Red/Soul Music Records.

The article, track lineup, and Amazon links are contained within the link below:

http://theseconddisc.com/2015/02/24/dont-leave-her-this-way-thelma-houstons-any-way-you-like-it-gets-expanded-treatment/

ENJOY!

mysterysinger
02-24-2015, 07:12 PM
Mine arrived a week ago and has received several plays already. Very happy with any Thelma Houston product. As far as I know "Ready To Roll" and "Reachin' All Around" have yet to see CD release [[from her Motown albums) but I suspect an expanded "The Devil In Me" might be next for release.

Ryon6
02-24-2015, 07:58 PM
Ordered mine via Dusty Grooves. It should arrive any day now. Looking forward to, too.

Philles/Motown Gary
02-24-2015, 08:00 PM
Mysterysinger, I’m curious – How did you get your copy last week? I just received an email notification from The Second Disc newsletter TODAY, stating that Thelma Houston’s Expanded version of "Any Way You Like It" is available on Amazon as of today". It sounds like you folks in the U.K. got your copies a week before the U.S.?

BTW, you may very well be right about Thelma’s "The Devil In Me" [[Expanded) CD version coming up next on Cherry Red/Soul Music’s Expanded-CD treatment schedule. While I was in U.S. Amazon ordering my latest copy of "Any Way You Like It" [[which, BTW, is my 3rd CD version of that danged title!), look what I found – advertising that "This Title Will Be Released on March 17, 2015":

http://www.amazon.com/Devil-Me-HOUSTON-THELMA/dp/B00S1MK5J0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1424821214&sr=8-2&keywords=thelma+houston+the+devil+in+me

Wouldn’t you know, last year, I already invested in my Universal Japan CD version of "The Devil In Me" [[minus the bonus tracks)! - Gary

booty
02-25-2015, 12:12 AM
UK release was 16th February and for some reason mine arrived from Amazon.uk on Sunday 15th!

gordy_hunk
02-25-2015, 03:59 AM
i too received my copy last week. very good cd with the bonus tracks.

mysterysinger
02-25-2015, 07:20 AM
booty - yours arrived 2 days before my copy lol. I have a feeling release dates of some titles actually came forward - I've received a couple of Amazon notifications recently that said they could ship earlier than anticipated.

Gary - you've got 3 copies of "Any Way You Like It"? - heck it's gotta be done and, well, this one's expanded so that's a good excuse. Actually from having no copies of it on CD I've now got 2 within a few months since I invested in the Japanese paper sleeve version. I hadn't seen that about "The Devil In Me" but it doesn't look like a Soul Music Records issue so may be a standard release. Logically it would be next in the series for an expanded treatment so I anticipate another release of that title before too long. An expanded version would complement my other Japanese issue nicely lol. Such an attractive cover. My Mrs is going to explode!

Philles/Motown Gary
02-26-2015, 01:39 AM
Gary - you've got 3 copies of "Any Way You Like It"? - heck it's gotta be done and, well, this one's expanded so that's a good excuse. Actually from having no copies of it on CD I've now got 2 within a few months since I invested in the Japanese paper sleeve version. I hadn't seen that about "The Devil In Me" but it doesn't look like a Soul Music Records issue so may be a standard release. Logically it would be next in the series for an expanded treatment so I anticipate another release of that title before too long. An expanded version would complement my other Japanese issue nicely lol. Such an attractive cover. My Mrs is going to explode!
Mysterysinger, yes, this will be my 3rd copy of Thelma Houston’s "Any Way You Like It"CD [[4th if you count the original LP). I confess, I was a fool – albeit a fool for Motown! Naturally, I purchased my first copy when Motown originally reissued it on CD [[MOTD-) way back when. And when Universal Japan [[UICY-) released their newly-remastered version, how could I not? And, now, with Cherry Red/Soul Music’s Expanded edition available, I had no other choice. Weather permitting, my copy will arrive tomorrow [[Thursday). [[Unfortunately, we [[North-Central Alabama) have been under a severe winter storm warning all day today [[Wednesday) with the threat of snow and ice. My Supremes [[JMC) Almighty remix CD’s which were scheduled for delivery today were held up in transit due to inclement weather – they’re temporarily snowbound in Jackson, Mississippi. Isn’t that ridiculous! This is supposed to be the deep South – not the freakin’ North Pole!) At any rate, they say the third time is the charm. Let’s hope that this Expanded version of "Any Way You Like It" will be the last!

Hey, you’re right about Thelma’s "The Devil In Me". That new CD reissue coming in March does indeed NOT look like Cherry Red/Soul Music’s Expanded series. Boy, I’m glad you caught that before I end up with 18 copies of that title as well! Thanks to you, I’ve canceled my Pre-Order. I’ll wait until I’m sure exactly what it contains before I re-order.

BTW, when "The Devil In Me" gets expanded, I sure hope it contains some previously-unreleased H-D-H productions. My favorite track from that album is H-D-H's "I Can’t Go On Living Without Your Love". Can’t you just imagine some more tracks just like it!

Your "Mrs. is going to explode!" HaHa! You’re too much! - Gary

jack020
02-26-2015, 02:44 AM
My favorite track from that album is H-D-H's "I Can’t Go On Living Without Your Love".

Mine too, but am I mistaken to think there is a longer 12 -inch version of it? Or is that the album version?

Philles/Motown Gary
02-26-2015, 02:59 AM
My favorite track from that album is H-D-H's "I Can’t Go On Living Without Your Love".

Mine too, but am I mistaken to think there is a longer 12 -inch version of it? Or is that the album version?

Jack, I’ve never heard of a longer 12" version, but, if there were, I would buy it up right quick! A month from now, the tracks of my heels would STILL be smokin’!

jack020
02-26-2015, 06:36 AM
I now know the mix-up: Saturday Night,Sunday Morning has a longer 12-inch version!