PDA

View Full Version : A Touch of Classic Soul mag - The Drifters, The Andantes

test

mellow_q
02-24-2015, 12:51 PM
In light of the all-too-recent passing of Marlene Barrow-Tate, I feel a little awkward about the ironic timing of this post. Nevertheless, here goes ...

Dear Classic Soul music fans,

I hope this correspondence finds you in the best of health and spirits.

Please note that the latest issue of A Touch of Classic Soul: The Music You Love from Back in the Day is now available.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CLASSIC-SOUL-NEWSPAPER-THE-DRIFTERS-THE-ANDANTES-/381169818976?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58bf7ddd60

Featured in this issue are ...

THE DRIFTERS
THE ANDANTES
SWITCH
HEATWAVE
THE JONESES
KUT KLOSE
THE CONTINENTALS

To my subscribers, you are in the mail.

Thank you again for your support and Be Blessed!!!

Soulfully yours,

Marc Taylor
aloivta2@aol.com

Philles/Motown Gary
02-24-2015, 05:42 PM
Mellow_q/Marc, given the recent passing of Marlene Barrow, I think an article devoted to The Andantes is not only appropriate, but more timely than ever. Just finished ordering my copy. Thanks! - Gary

mellow_q
02-24-2015, 06:21 PM
Mellow_q/Marc, given the recent passing of Marlene Barrow, I think an article devoted to The Andantes is not only appropriate, but more timely than ever. Just finished ordering my copy. Thanks! - Gary

Thank you G

Philles/Motown Gary
03-03-2015, 05:25 PM
Marc, I received my copy of your "A Touch Of Classic Soul" publication [[which, BTW, is excellent)! I want you to know how much I enjoyed your interview with Louvain Demps. Thanks for shining the spotlight on my favorite girl group. It’s good to know that, after all these years, The Andantes are finally getting the attention and the accolades they so rightly deserve. Good job!

PS: I’m also glad to know that the record has finally been set straight that Diana Ross & The Supremes’ "Someday We’ll Be Together" does indeed include at least one Andante [[Louvain), along with the Waters sisters . - Gary

JimBagley
03-04-2015, 04:36 PM
Marc,
I received my copy in the mail yesterday and read the Heatwave [[what an amazing, hardluck story they have!) and the Andantes articles last night. Looking forward to reading some of the other articles tonight. Thank you yet again for chronicling the lives of so many vintage soul artists.

Jim