PDA

View Full Version : Dino Says No Rascals Reunion!

test

marv2
02-23-2015, 05:23 PM
Dino Danelli says due to a certain unnamed member causing problems, the band The Rascals will not reunite for their 50th Anniversary Tour!

soulster
02-23-2015, 05:28 PM
He specifically named Felix Cavalieri by name in the message I read by him.

marv2
02-23-2015, 05:43 PM
He specifically named Felix Cavalieri by name in the message I read by him.

On the Canadian radio station I am listening to they would not mention Felix by name but said that the member wanted full control of the musical aspects of the tour and went further to demand that his current band appear at some point on stage with the Original Rascals..

detmotownguy
02-23-2015, 09:44 PM
Need to learn to play nice in the sandbox. Just takes one cat to make a mess of things.

soulster
02-23-2015, 10:14 PM
This was posted by Dino Danelli on Joe Russo's Rascals page on Facebook:

"DEAR FRIENDS...

IN MY OPINION,THE NEED FOR ONE OF THE RASCALS TO " CONTROL "
ALL MUSICAL DECISIONS,RECEIVE ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION
AND DEMAND THAT 'HIS BAND' PERFORM ON STAGE WITH "THE RASCALS"
IS UNNECESSARY,INAPPROPRIATE,AND UNACCEPTABLE.

THESE DEMANDS HAVE PREVENTED ANY POSSIBILITY OF A 50TH YEAR. CELEBRATION
WITH ALL OF YOU!
DISAPPOINTED AND
TRULY SORRY,
Dino Danelli"

soulster
02-23-2015, 10:16 PM
On the Canadian radio station I am listening to they would not mention Felix by name but said that the member wanted full control of the musical aspects of the tour and went further to demand that his current band appear at some point on stage with the Original Rascals.. I have to correct myself: I did not read Felix's name, although it is clear to anyone who knows about this can figure it out.

mr_june
02-25-2015, 02:20 PM
I'm glad I saw them when they hit Chicago on a tour they did a year or two ago. It was great seeing them together. How many groups from that era have all their members alive and well let along touring?

RTA6226
02-27-2015, 12:51 AM
I was SO bummed when I read that the other day. I LOVE the Rascals. They [[and the 5th Dimension) are my favorite groups. I'm so glad I saw several shows when they did their reunion/Once Upon A Dream tour. I wish these groups could get past some of this other stuff and just try to fair to everybody concerned. Life is too short I tell ya.