PDA

View Full Version : February 22, 1976 A SAD DAY :[[

test

Weslley Francisco
02-22-2015, 12:48 PM
Today in 1976, we lost our Supreme: Flo Ballard... GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTEN... Rest in Peace Blondie :[[ We miss you

marv2
02-22-2015, 02:18 PM
Today in 1976, we lost our Supreme: Flo Ballard... GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTEN... Rest in Peace Blondie :[[ We miss you

Yes it was Weslley. I remember like it was yesterday. All of Detroit was in mourning. Thank you for remembering Florence.

detmotownguy
02-23-2015, 11:01 PM
It sure was a somber time in Detroit as she played an integral part of the Sups success. Florence was a special lady with keen sense of humor and a great voice. So sad she left three young girls. Mary has said a day doesn't go by that she doesn't think of Miss Flo. A friend of mine whose father worked at Motown went to one the company picnics and always told the story of Flo being so fan friendly and down her earth; almost mother like to her. She even walked her over to Diane to get an autograph. Still painful to think about this.

sansradio
02-24-2015, 10:30 AM
Yes, Weslley, Flo was heavily on my mind on the anniversary. So sad still, after all these years.

franjoy56
02-24-2015, 08:59 PM
Yes, Weslley, Flo was heavily on my mind on the anniversary. So sad still, after all these years.i will never forget the day i heard it on the radio the morning of the 23rd i think it was monday morning then on abc news bill beutel broadcast a piece on flos pssing. Hard to believe its 39 yrs.

marv2
02-24-2015, 09:20 PM
i will never forget the day i heard it on the radio the morning of the 23rd i think it was monday morning then on abc news bill beutel broadcast a piece on flos pssing. Hard to believe its 39 yrs.

Fran this past Sunday was the anniversary. Florence died on a Sunday at Mt. Carmel. My brother and I heard the news during the late sign off edition on Detroit's WJBK Channel 2. The just announced that she had died from a heart attack earlier that evening . They just used a blank screen with the stations call letters in one of the corners. We just looked at each other, never saying a word. Turn the television off and went to bed. The next morning they were talking about it all over the school .

franjoy56
02-24-2015, 10:52 PM
Yes they were, its ironic marlene barrow passed just 1 day or two short of flos passing 39 yrs later and she was t one who stood in for flo on at least one ocassion how sad.

marv2
02-24-2015, 11:24 PM
Yes they were, its ironic marlene barrow passed just 1 day or two short of flos passing 39 yrs later and she was t one who stood in for flo on at least one ocassion how sad.

Very ironic............Flo was the star, Marlene was staff and they both made undeniable contributions to what is still regarded today as the "Motown Sound".