PDA

View Full Version : TONIGHT SHOW SPECIAL - Including Supremes performance of The Happening in COLOR!

test

Weslley Francisco
02-20-2015, 04:41 PM
Not long ago, someone told me on YouTube, which was exhibited one Tonight Show Special, a few months ago, like a retrospective, showing some footage from the early years of the show, among them was a clip of The Supremes singing: The Happening in COLOR! Well... i searched in the internet and did not find anything until now, i would like to know if this is really true... :confused:

reese
02-20-2015, 05:16 PM
The original show was most likely in color.

But I have never seen any clips that have been in color and I have watched many of those Tonight Show retrospectives. However I haven't seen any recently and some older clips from the Tonight Show have been coming out, so it could be true.

Weslley Francisco
02-20-2015, 05:46 PM
Thank's reese ;)

bradsupremes
02-20-2015, 07:15 PM
Unfortunately all of the pre-1972 Tonight Shows were erased by NBC for tape reusage. This means all of the Supremes appearances with the exception of their 1975 appearance and poor quality copies of their 1967 appearance are sadly lost. It's possible West Grand Media [[Motown Tape Archives) may have copies of their other appearances, but that's a long shot.

Weslley Francisco
02-20-2015, 08:00 PM
You know the YouTube channel DetroitLives313? Well... He has a copy of the appearance of the Supremes on the Tonight Show in 1967, which includes the interview, Lest's Get Away From It All and The Lady Is A Tramp and The Happening, but he's in New York, and this tape is unfortunately stored in Detroit

Weslley Francisco
02-21-2015, 08:39 PM
That's a shame :[[