PDA

View Full Version : Mad Men: Diana Ross' Love Hangover Scores New Tease: Billboard

test

jobeterob
02-19-2015, 07:43 PM
http://www.billboard.com/articles/6479928/mad-men-trailer-season-7-love-hangover

Is this a popular show?

skooldem1
02-19-2015, 08:33 PM
Yes it is a popular show. This teaser for the upcoming season, with Diana's "Love Hangover" is getting a lot of attention.

jobeterob
02-20-2015, 12:15 AM
Seems remarkable that a song being used in a tv show would get such attention in Billboard

sup_fan
02-20-2015, 12:27 AM
what's even odder is Hangover is from 76. the show is still based in the 60s, albeit the late 60s.

skooldem1
02-20-2015, 12:36 AM
I read that the final episodes will take place in the 70's.

Bokiluis
02-20-2015, 01:09 PM
http://www.billboard.com/articles/6479928/mad-men-trailer-season-7-love-hangover

Is this a popular show?

It has been nomimated for an Emmy, Best Series, Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress several years.
But that doesn't necesarrily signify "popularity". As far as that goes, the season premiere for several years broke Neilsen ratings.
It is one of my all time favorite series....a snapshot of New York in the 60s, which has always been fascinating to me. It also captures race issues during the Civil Rights and sexism as women began rejecting the "Susie homemaker" moniker.

Bokiluis
02-20-2015, 01:12 PM
what's even odder is Hangover is from 76. the show is still based in the 60s, albeit the late 60s.

This season focuses on the beginning of the 70s as it has already captured the assassinations of President Kennedy, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Bobby Kennedy.

I wish it would continue but the 7 seasons gives you a good sense of the 60s.

jobeterob
02-20-2015, 03:24 PM
It has been nomimated for an Emmy, Best Series, Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress several years.
But that doesn't necesarrily signify "popularity". As far as that goes, the season premiere for several years broke Neilsen ratings.
It is one of my all time favorite series....a snapshot of New York in the 60s, which has always been fascinating to me. It also captures race issues during the Civil Rights and sexism as women began rejecting the "Susie homemaker" moniker.

Wow. Well no wonder it has created news in Billboard I guess. I guess it will also sell a few more CDs, digital and otherwise.