PDA

View Full Version : Answer this 78..a temptin question

test

arr&bee
02-18-2015, 08:11 PM
Calling all my temptaholics,now this one may be easy or tricky[hehe]it's been said that the temptations were a group with two sets of best friends and one outsider with his own agenda..but we know that nothing about the temps is that cut and dry,so here's the question of the day...which three temps were actually related?....i'll be over here listening to a temps album.

marv2
02-18-2015, 08:31 PM
Calling all my temptaholics,now this one may be easy or tricky[hehe]it's been said that the temptations were a group with two sets of best friends and one outsider with his own agenda..but we know that nothing about the temps is that cut and dry,so here's the question of the day...which three temps were actually related?....i'll be over here listening to a temps album.

Oh this is a good one because I know Melvin Franklin and Richard Street were cousins [[I grew up with some of Richard's relatives) I remember David use to say that Melvin was his cousin [[ but they really weren't. We had a habit of calling our close friends our cousin) so those are the 3 I'm going with.

arr&bee
02-18-2015, 08:39 PM
Hey marv,you actually right,according to melvin he and david are cousins...from the interview[meet the temptations-1984].

marv2
02-18-2015, 08:46 PM
Hey marv,you actually right,according to melvin he and david are cousins...from the interview[meet the temptations-1984].

Now I knew that Melvin and Rick James were related. I never believed Melvin and David were really related.

arr&bee
02-19-2015, 06:27 PM
Blue stated that david was his cousin on his mother's side,he also said that david first asked him about joining the temps but blue was against it,because he said that david's idols were solo guys and he felt that david would use the group to enhance his career.

marv2
02-19-2015, 07:07 PM
Blue stated that david was his cousin on his mother's side,he also said that david first asked him about joining the temps but blue was against it,because he said that david's idols were solo guys and he felt that david would use the group to enhance his career.

He was right! Relatives know relatives.................

jboy88
02-20-2015, 02:06 AM
In the latest bio on the group, Melvin's mother confirmed that David wasn't their cousin. Otis went on to state that he'd would claim many of his dearest friends including Otis, as his cousins at one time or another

marv2
02-20-2015, 02:37 AM
In the latest bio on three group, Melvin's mother confirmed that David wasn't their cousin. Otis went on to state that he'd would claim many of his dearest friends including Otis, as his cousins at one time or another

I don't know if it were a cultural thing or not, but I remember when I was a kid, people that were really good friends in the neighborhood would say that they were cousins. This is something that just generally went on in black neighborhoods as far as I am aware.

johnny_raven
02-20-2015, 10:12 AM
We never did the "cousin" thing, but all of my mother's best friends were Aunt _________
... and we're white and Jewish.

marv2
02-21-2015, 12:19 PM
We never did the "cousin" thing, but all of my mother's best friends were Aunt _________
... and we're white and Jewish.

Johnny I know people who did that too. My cousins would refer to their parents friends as their "Uncle & Aunt" when they were not related at all.

marv2
02-21-2015, 04:49 PM
I guess this was when Melvin wanted to prove that he and David were cousins LOL!