PDA

View Full Version : A treat for Supremes fans

test

floyjoy678
02-17-2015, 01:36 PM
The Supremes on Hullabaloo January 26, 1965....

Come See About Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUDuc2uGfwA

I wanted to share these because these were always part of my favorite clips of the original Supremes and I think it shows why we love the original group. I had to upload it with my phone because I couldn't figure out how to do it any other way so the picture and sound quality is not the best but it's better than nothing. Enjoy!

floyjoy678
02-17-2015, 01:37 PM
A little bit of Lovelight and Baby Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFbwJmewYJQ

antceleb12
02-17-2015, 02:20 PM
Wow! I had no idea they performed "Lovelight" past 1964. The girls sound great. As for CSAM, I think that's some of the same choreography they used on their Shindig! performance. My only complaint is over the arrangement for CSAM. I've never liked the big band-styled arrangement. The Shindig! arrangement was perfect.

sup_fan
02-17-2015, 03:32 PM
these are great! as always the girls are wonderful. and alright for Flo hitting the high note at the end of the medley! so glad these are online

i believe the medley started with Where Did Our Love Go, but i'm not certain about that

my only complain is man, the show's director had no idea about camera direction lol. during the Baby Love dance break they should have pulled back to a full shot so you could see the girls dancing. but oh well :)

Methuselah2
02-17-2015, 04:53 PM
Treat? HUGE TREAT!!

Have never seen the LOVELIGHT/BABY LOVE clip before. And it's been years since I've seen the COME SEE ABOUT ME one [[with a few movements later used in NOTHING BUT HEARTCHES).

Many, many thanks Floyjoy. Ooo-wee!

detmotownguy
02-18-2015, 12:05 AM
these are great! as always the girls are wonderful. and alright for Flo hitting the high note at the end of the medley! so glad these are online

i believe the medley started with Where Did Our Love Go, but i'm not certain about that

my only complain is man, the show's director had no idea about camera direction lol. during the Baby Love dance break they should have pulled back to a full shot so you could see the girls dancing. but oh well :)

Yeah I had to go back and listen to Flo's high note! They sure had their act together; having the the perfect vocal blend. Their place and influence will never be replicated.

floyjoy678
02-18-2015, 11:12 AM
One thing I've always noticed was that the choreography for "Come See About Me" was always changing. They toned it down for a period then for this Hullabaloo appearance they went back to that Shindig routine but changed it up a bit.

Weslley Francisco
02-18-2015, 05:47 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! God bless you floyjoy678!! I always wanted to see these marvelous clips!

Weslley Francisco
02-18-2015, 05:49 PM

Yes, i've heard that, the medley starts with WDOLG

LuvHangOva
02-19-2015, 05:08 AM
Call Her Miss Ballard-----

Flo seems so much more "present" and "into it" In these clips than I've ever seen her. Notice the sexy sultry shoulder shimmy she hits us with during the first part of Come See About Me. Reminiscent of what was later to become body language associated with Miss Ross

carlo
02-19-2015, 07:25 PM
Thank you so much, floyjoy! I have also always wanted to see the Lovelight/Baby Love clip. In fact, I never knew they performed Lovelight...I only knew about Baby Love from the clip featured in Mary's 20/20 segment from 2000. Is this on one of the Hullabaloo DVD's or is it a bootleg circulated among fans?

carlo
02-19-2015, 07:30 PM
Just checked my DVD's and I have had this clip all along and didn't realize. It's on Volume 3 of "The Best of Hullabaloo". I guess I bought it and never watched it?? Gosh!

arr&bee
02-19-2015, 07:39 PM
Very nice indeed,these female groups today with all the flesh they show don't have half the sexiness of the fully dressed classy supremes.

Weslley Francisco
02-19-2015, 07:40 PM
Just checked my DVD's and I have had this clip all along and didn't realize. It's on Volume 3 of "The Best of Hullabaloo". I guess I bought it and never watched it?? Gosh!

Hey Carlo! Can you upload the video on YouTube? Please :)

carlo
02-19-2015, 07:51 PM
I'm not sure if I can, as I believe this DVD has copyright protection on it. Amazon has the DVD for $11...

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Hullabaloo-3-n/dp/B00CQRNMM8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1424389843&sr=8-2&keywords=hullabaloo+dvd

Weslley Francisco
02-20-2015, 12:09 PM
Unfortunately is not available in Brazil... :[[ But thank's Carlo ;)​