PDA

View Full Version : Lesley gore has died

test

BayouMotownMan
02-16-2015, 04:49 PM
TMZ just announced. Loved your music Lesley

marv2
02-16-2015, 05:03 PM
I just heard "Maybe I Know " in the last 15 mins and it had nothing to do with her death. Sad news. Always liked her. Rest in peace Lesley, thanks for all that happy music.

marv2
02-16-2015, 05:06 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/its-my-party-singer-songwriter-lesley-gore-dies-at-68/ar-BBhE6hg?ocid=ansentap11

stephanie
02-16-2015, 05:10 PM
Just logged on to the net and saw this on Yahoo. Quite shocking may she RIP. I liked Sunshine Lollipops and Rainbows, and California Nights, So sad she was an ICON.

BayouMotownMan
02-16-2015, 05:13 PM
Much as I loved her I was disappointed in her MoWest lp. It just didn't seem like her, but she wrote most of it as I recall. I"ll listen to it again. My favorite of hers is Maybe I Know. Has a Motown feel. Most people think It's My Party was her biggest seller, but it was really You Don't Own Me. That song was robbed of No. 1 status by the Beatles. It was huge.

marv2
02-16-2015, 05:16 PM
Just logged on to the net and saw this on Yahoo. Quite shocking may she RIP. I liked Sunshine Lollipops and Rainbows, and California Nights, So sad she was an ICON.

Steph, you know she was discovered and produced by Quincy Jones?

stephanie
02-16-2015, 05:17 PM
You Dont Own me one of the first womens lib songs. Precursor to I am Woman...Lesley had a lot of good hits Quincy Jones new how to give her great productions along with Michael Jackson. She must have kept this quiet because I never saw any reports of her being ill.

BayouMotownMan
02-16-2015, 05:20 PM
Much as I loved her I was disappointed in her MoWest lp. It just didn't seem like her, but she wrote most of it as I recall. I"ll listen to it again. My favorite of hers is Maybe I Know. Has a Motown feel. Most people think It's My Party was her biggest seller, but it was really You Don't Own Me. That song was robbed of No. 1 status by the Beatles. It was huge.

kenneth
02-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Sad. She had some of the most iconic singles of early 60s girl singer pop. I too loved "You Don't Own Me." A great song.

luke
02-16-2015, 05:27 PM
OMG..Lesley hit # 1 on r &b with its my party. Her last cd had some great songs, a number if which were used on tv shows and movies. RIP.

antceleb12
02-16-2015, 05:33 PM
I'm absolutely devastated. I have admired and adored her for quite a long time. She had an incredible voice. Incredibly nice woman. Rest in peace, Ms. Gore. You will be missed.

antceleb12
02-16-2015, 05:37 PM
One of my absolutely favorite clips of all time. Such a powerful performance. I can't believe she's gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDUjeR01wnU

BayouMotownMan
02-16-2015, 05:38 PM

antceleb12
02-16-2015, 06:17 PM

Bayou, your post has repeated itself twice.

Philles/Motown Gary
02-16-2015, 06:20 PM
I'm shocked and saddened to hear of the untimely death of Lesley Gore -- one of my all-time favorite singers from the girl-group era. As a teenager, I bought all of her Mercury albums and singles. As an adult, I remained a faithful fan by purchasing her 5-CD "It's My Party" [[complete Mercury recordings) deluxe boxed set on the German-import Bear Family label. I feel as though I've lost a dear old friend. Hopefully, Lesley's passing will inspire Motown to reissue her Motown recordings. RIP, Lesley. My deepest condolences to your grieving family and loved ones.

jobeterob
02-16-2015, 06:24 PM
One by one they are falling. Very sad.

It's My Party and You Don't Own Me were both iconic.

Bokiluis
02-16-2015, 07:08 PM
One of my absolutely favorite clips of all time. Such a powerful performance. I can't believe she's gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDUjeR01wnU

She has definitely left her mark. R.I.P.

sophisticated_soul
02-16-2015, 07:18 PM
So sad. Rest In Peace Lesley Gore. You were loved. Thank you for the music.

supremester
02-16-2015, 07:45 PM
She was a fave of mine.... sleep well, baby......

edafan
02-16-2015, 07:54 PM
Lesley R I P_

Thanks for the great music

edafan

nabob
02-16-2015, 08:09 PM
One of my absolutely favorite clips of all time. Such a powerful performance. I can't believe she's gone.]
Diane Keaton, Goldy Hawn & Bette Midler from the First Wives Club doing You Don't Own Me.
http://youtu.be/Q_oFL_b719g

sansradio
02-16-2015, 08:38 PM
This is heartbreaking. One of the best. I'll always love the hits, as well as the lesser-known later tracks like "Someplace Else Now" and "Love Me by Name." Sleep well, Miss Gore, and thank you for the music.

thanxal
02-16-2015, 11:19 PM
So very sad. Rest in Peace, Dear Ms. Gore.

MotownLover
02-16-2015, 11:24 PM
What a shocker it was to see this post on Lesley's passing. I had not idea she was ill. I consider the time frame of her becoming known with "It's My Party" and "You Don't Own Me" as the awakening of my interest in pop/rock/r&B popular music. Lesley, you may be gone but NEVER forgotten!

soulster
02-16-2015, 11:29 PM
I really dug her early 60s songs. I'd love to get the CD with the mono mixes.