PDA

View Full Version : Joyce Vincent Wilson is the perfect fit

test

soulballad
02-11-2015, 03:17 PM
I was lead to this video from Theboyfromxtown's post of "Hold On I'm Coming"Joyce's delivery of Come See About Me is great and not to over the top! Both Joyce and Telma always had a Supremey air about them! She is the best choice and the perfect compliment for the Flos imo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LFMQp0juy0

jobeterob
02-11-2015, 03:44 PM
These guys are certainly active these days; and also Scherrie and Susaye.

REDHOT
02-11-2015, 08:20 PM
Wow Sherrie Payne and Lynda Laurence former Supremes with Joyce Vincent Wilson sounds great here,thanks for postin' Soulballad.

theboyfromxtown
02-11-2015, 08:35 PM
I agree. Joyce has a great voice too. I love watching them perform.

rod_rick
02-11-2015, 09:36 PM
I agree. Joyce has a great voice too. I love watching them perform.

Imo Joyce sounds the best out of the three singing lead on the Supremes songs. Scherrie has dialed it back vocally quite a bit [[in a good way) and Lynda stray's away from the melody [[which make her sound off key) for my taste. Lynda has a fantastic voice but she over do it vocally too often.

BigAl
02-12-2015, 10:18 AM
Joyce was a good choice for the FLOS. She at least has an oblique connection to The Supremes, being an "Almost Supreme," tapped to replace Mary, should Motown have decided to continue the group with no original members. Sundray couldn't make such a claim even if she was Lynda's sister, and Freddie of course had no connection whatsoever. Also, Joyce had enjoyed public exposure and some name recognition when she was half of Dawn. It's regrettable, of course, that the FLOS are occasionally billed as The Supremes, but that seems not to be happening very much anymore. It's a solid act.

soulballad
02-12-2015, 11:30 AM
Plus Joyce like Scherrie is a Detroiter! It seems the ladies from Detroit have a more of an appreciation and respect for the legacy.

detmotownguy
02-12-2015, 03:54 PM
I didn't know or forgot that Joyce was from Detroit. Did she ever initiate any interest in Motown Records?
Thanks

skooldem1
02-12-2015, 05:05 PM
I always liked Joyce when she was a part of Tony Orlando and Dawn. Although these ladies are great together. IMO it just seems weird to have a former Supreme Ladies group with the addition of a well known member from another group. It is more like former ladies of the Supremes and Dawn.

jobeterob
02-12-2015, 06:51 PM
The FLOs seem to be on a tour of Florida I read???

jobeterob
02-12-2015, 06:54 PM

From Facebook, an hour ago!

With author and friend, Tony Turner.

StuBass1
02-12-2015, 07:32 PM
Joyce is a true sweetheart I've had the pleasure of getting to know over the past few years. Joyce and her sister Pam did a lot of background work in Detroit, especially at the HDH Invictus label I'm pretty sure...BTW...There were actually 3 female members of Dawn, at least so far as the recordings...Pam also sang background for Tony Orlando with Joyce and Thelma, however, she wasn't part of the television group...

luke
02-12-2015, 09:54 PM
But she did become part of the touring group post Thelma