PDA

View Full Version : The annual winter "the weather's going to hell" thread.....

test

Doug-Morgan
11-22-2010, 07:33 PM
It looks like winter's arrived in North Central Washington. It's snowing to beat the band, going to get down to 5 degrees tonight, and minus 8 tomorrow night. Ski resorts are happy, though. Seattle's looking at a couple inches of the white stuff tonight, so that city should be tied up in knots.

What's the weather like where you are? Winter hit yet?

jobeterob
11-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Clear crisp and cold; as low as -20 C recently; little in the way of snow; just cold and very windy.

I hear this is a La Nina year and so it's gonna be a bitch from hell until March! Pray not.

ralpht
11-22-2010, 08:52 PM
I suppose I shouldn't mention what a glorious day it was here on the Monterey Peninsula. Temps in the low to mid 50s and abundant sunshine. Winter is my favorite season here and today's weather is an indication of the season's weather. Pretty easy to take, guys.

chidrummer
11-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Even better here. Highs were around 67. Of course of that is about to change over night, but at least we haven't had any of that crappy white stuff yet.

oldiesmusicfan
11-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Today's high in the Detroit area was supposed to be 66. It's been freakishly warm this fall. I have not yet turned on the furnace! This is my first year in my new condo and all my windows face south so I get full sun from 9am till at least 4:30, keeping it up to 72 in here. Even when it's been down to 33 at night, the temperature has only fallen down to 66 at night in the condo. Looking forward to a low heating bill this year. No snow yet here either.

Oldies

jobeterob
11-23-2010, 12:04 AM
Let's snowball chidrummer, ralpht and oldiesmusicfan.

Tonight, your hands would get frostbite in 3 minutes here.

marv2
11-23-2010, 02:01 PM
It's been actually quite wonderful here in New York the picture perfect Fall with mild temperatures and little rain mixed in on some days. It's averaging 55-60 deg during the day and low to mid 40's overnight.

arrr&bee
11-23-2010, 05:50 PM
it looks like winter's arrived in north central washington. It's snowing to beat the band, going to get down to 5 degrees tonight, and minus 8 tomorrow night. Ski resorts are happy, though. Seattle's looking at a couple inches of the white stuff tonight, so that city should be tied up in knots.

What's the weather like where you are? Winter hit yet?haaaaaaaaaaaa..winter????what's that we got 70 degrees here in md.