PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross sold out show at the Paramount Theatre

test

vgalindo
02-07-2015, 04:21 AM
Diana Ross sure doesn't have a problem selling tickets on her current tour. This is amazing that she is still so successful doing concerts all over the country.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/entertainment/diana-ross-stops-by-paramount-to-share-her-hits-before/article_96619e4a-a804-11e4-963e-87098f22f8f2.html

Bokiluis
02-07-2015, 04:36 AM
Diana Ross sure doesn't have a problem selling tickets on her current tour. This is amazing that she is still so successful doing concerts all over the country.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/entertainment/diana-ross-stops-by-paramount-to-share-her-hits-before/article_96619e4a-a804-11e4-963e-87098f22f8f2.html

Do you think it is an after effect of "Motown....the Musical" touring the country?
It places Diana in such a positive light.....its kind of like the 70s when her shows were love-ins!

milven
02-07-2015, 10:00 AM
Do you think it is an after effect of "Motown....the Musical" touring the country?
It places Diana in such a positive light.....its kind of like the 70s when her shows were love-ins!

It can't hurt. But the musicals biggest influence was in NYC. It only recently started touring the country. However, before there was a Motown Musical, I've seen the same love of Diana and Diana's love of the audience at her concerts during the last decade.

The lady has nothing left to prove, and just gets on stage to entertain and enjoy the love of the audience

Bokiluis
02-07-2015, 02:17 PM
It can't hurt. But the musicals biggest influence was in NYC. It only recently started touring the country. However, before there was a Motown Musical, I've seen the same love of Diana and Diana's love of the audience at her concerts during the last decade.

The lady has nothing left to prove, and just gets on stage to entertain and enjoy the love of the audience

The impact on New York audiences is undeniable. But it has already toured 10-15 markets. Remember besides the show itself, Mr. Gordy has done a great deal of press in each city. No matter where it's emanating from, I'm sure you will agree it is a wonderful thing to see. And then the PBS airings of "Motown 25" is another great factor. The tremendous response she received at the American Music Awards. And then her stint on "The Voice".

Pollstar does a cumulative report of all artists and their tours. Diana has a career average of about 90% soldout shows since the mid-70s when Pollstar began tracking touring results. I think prior to the millennium years, Diana rarely canceled a date.

[[If you are a subscriber to Pollstar, the report can be ordered at a cost. The San Francisco promoter was kind enough to send it to me around 2010-11. I'll see if he can get it run again if it comes at a reasonable costs. One tour that was fascinating was her 1983 "For One and For All Tour". There were an amazing number of soldout shows. But the gross was sobering considering ticket costs equaled no more than $15-$50! If that high. Ticket costs today, as you know, is simply astounding. Those outrageous broker prices didn't have the impact they have today. I don't see how the average teen fan can afford it. But I guess where there's a will, there's a way. And her average concertgoer is probably late 40s-70s eeeech. Time does fly!!!)