PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross Brings Down the House in Brooklyn

test

theboyfromxtown
02-06-2015, 04:57 AM
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/02/diana-ross-brings-down-the-house-in-brooklyn?mbid=social_facebook

milven
02-06-2015, 09:02 AM
Another stunning review. Nice that she had her children there and she introduced them to audience.

This generation of reviewers doesn't seem to get their facts right though. One review said that I'm Coming Out was by the Supremes, one review said that Brenda Ballad was a Supreme and this review has the very much alive Gloria Gaynor as dead.

With “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough,” half the audience was standing, swaying, dancing. “I Will Survive”—the anthem of Diana’s late friend, disco queen Gloria Gaynor—was the official last song, and the meaning seemed clear

dba
02-06-2015, 09:23 AM
Great piece but totally agree with mliven that reviewers need to get fact checkers.

reese
02-06-2015, 11:05 AM
Another stunning review. Nice that she had her children there and she introduced them to audience.

This generation of reviewers doesn't seem to get their facts right though. One review said that I'm Coming Out was by the Supremes, one review said that Brenda Ballad was a Supreme and this review has the very much alive Gloria Gaynor as dead.

With “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough,” half the audience was standing, swaying, dancing. “I Will Survive”—the anthem of Diana’s late friend, disco queen Gloria Gaynor—was the official last song, and the meaning seemed clear

Someone must have commented as at least the late Gloria Gaynor reference has been fixed.

milven
02-06-2015, 12:08 PM
I'm sure a lot of people commented. Glad they fixed it. The other reviews also correct Brenda Ballad and The Supremes singing I'm Coming Out. But really, if you are going to do a review about anyone - especially an icon, do a little research before writing your review.

reese
02-06-2015, 12:27 PM
I'm sure a lot of people commented. Glad they fixed it. The other reviews also correct Brenda Ballad and The Supremes singing I'm Coming Out. But really, if you are going to do a review about anyone - especially an icon, do a little research before writing your review.

I totally agree. I can't count the number of times when I have read obviously incorrect things in a review that could have been fixed had the reviewer checked Google or even Wikipedia.

jobeterob
02-06-2015, 01:12 PM
That's a great picture.