PDA

View Full Version : Ledisi releases acoustic cd

test

glencro
02-04-2015, 06:06 AM
Powerhouse vocalist has just released a new cd of acoustic music. It reminds me of the Ledisi I fell in love with around 12 years ago. She sort of lost my support with the last two projects that she's released but this one is just what I needed. http://www.amazon.com/Intimate-Truth-Ledisi/dp/B00R9O4WQ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423043966&sr=8-1&keywords=ledisi

thommg
02-04-2015, 07:15 PM
Good to know about this release. I fell in love with her many, many years ago when I walked into a Hear Record Store and her original, self-released version of Soulsinger was on the listening station. I heard a verse and a half of Get Outta My Kitchen and bought the cd. I also bought Feeling Orange But Sometimes Blue and they are still my two favorite releases from her.

glencro
02-05-2015, 04:24 AM
thommg, a friend from Seattle sent me Soul Singer on "cassette" many years ago and I was blown away. I was fortunate to find that and "Feeling Orange But Sometimes Blue" on cd. Then she made an appearance in Detroit in the mid 2000's in a small club that set maybe 75 people and she wrecked the place. I've been glad to see the success that she's gaining but I have to agree those first two cds and her Christmas project are my favorites by her.

thommg
02-05-2015, 12:32 PM
thommg, a friend from Seattle sent me Soul Singer on "cassette" many years ago and I was blown away. I was fortunate to find that and "Feeling Orange But Sometimes Blue" on cd. Then she made an appearance in Detroit in the mid 2000's in a small club that set maybe 75 people and she wrecked the place. I've been glad to see the success that she's gaining but I have to agree those first two cds and her Christmas project are my favorites by her.

My brother and his husband saw her in a club down in Annapolis, MD and he just flipped over her. Said her show was fantastic and he became a lifelong fan. I had to rip him the tracks from Feeling Orange because he couldn't find the cd anywhere.