PDA

View Full Version : Diana Will Make Guest Appearance On BLACKISH

test

milven
01-15-2015, 08:39 PM
Diana will appear on Tracie's TV Show.

http://extratv.com/2015/01/15/anthony-anderson-just-dropped-a-spoiler-guest-alert-for-his-show-black-ish/

sansradio
01-15-2015, 11:24 PM
Hmmm...this could be interpreted a couple of ways. He actually said, "She's Tracee's mother, but I can't tell you who it is." The website misquotes him as implying he couldn't tell us who Diana Ross will play. Could it be somebody like Bette Midler or Patti LaBelle? Patti's said that Tracee campaigned to have her play Joan's mother on Girlfriends. Granted, he didn't say "Rainbow's mother," so...maybe it is Diana and he's being coy or...gosh, this is killing me!

jobeterob
01-16-2015, 01:22 AM
I just take it as Tracee's Mom will be filming next week but I don't want to say who she is. Kind of coy.

thomas96
01-16-2015, 02:47 AM
Would be pretty cool. Tracee is very good on this show.

sansradio
01-16-2015, 10:51 AM
Would be pretty cool. Tracee is very good on this show.

She's an absolute joy. Her timing and facial expressions make her a kind of spiritual heir to the likes of Lucille Ball, Joan Davis, and Carol Burnett, IMHO.

Guy
01-16-2015, 06:57 PM
Interesting. Tracee did 8 seasons on "Girlfriends" and I heard from a reliable source that Diana declined repeated invitations to make a guest appearance on that show. But now she shows up on 'Black-ish' before the end of its 1st season?! What does it all mean...

jobucats
01-16-2015, 07:07 PM
Interesting. Tracee did 8 seasons on "Girlfriends" and I heard from a reliable source that Diana declined repeated invitations to make a guest appearance on that show. But now she shows up on 'Black-ish' before the end of its 1st season?! What does it all mean...

It is my understanding that Diana did appear in an episode of "Girlfriends" although, unless you look carefully, you would not have noticed her. It was an episode that took place during a church service. If you look in the congregation, there's a woman with a very big wide brimmed hat taking part in the service, waving her hands and all. That is supposedly Diana.

ejluther
01-17-2015, 08:37 AM
So glad to hear this! I love the show and can't wait to see her on it...

Bokiluis
01-19-2015, 07:40 PM
I thoroughly enjoy this sitcom and I am not a big sitcom fan. The cast is a perfect ensemble with the kids being as entertaining as Anthony and Tracee. [[Cannot even fathom what Diana's role would be).
But one of the greatest mishaps in Hollywood, is not getting to enjoy more of Diana's comedic talents. She was pretty impressive on her first televsion special as W.C. Fields, Charlie Chaplin and Groucho Marx. Had Diana received the kind of career in Hollywood she deserved, I would have loved to see her in more light, comedic roles.

[[This would be great if it led to a recurring role for a season......but, first steps first.....here's hoping for a night of chuckles and laughs on this forthcoming episode).

sansradio
02-07-2015, 11:36 AM
Bump--mystery solved, ladies and gents:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/06/black-ish-casts-anna-deavere-smith-beau-bridges-rainbows-parents

jobeterob
02-07-2015, 03:43 PM
So I gather Diana Ross is a no?

sansradio
02-07-2015, 05:07 PM
So I gather Diana Ross is a no?

Seems so. Exciting casting, nonetheless! Smith's an idol of mine as well, so this ought to be good.

ejluther
02-08-2015, 11:53 AM
Perhaps a no for playing Tracee's mother but certainly not a no for making a guest spot on the show in another role...

sansradio
02-08-2015, 01:22 PM
Perhaps a no for playing Tracee's mother but certainly not a no for making a guest spot on the show in another role...

You do have a point, ej. It would be incredible. Diana hasn't explored her considerable comedy chops in decades.