PDA

View Full Version : 1965-2015 fifty years...really??

test

arr&bee
01-13-2015, 01:51 AM
I saw this kid whiz by today and he looked familiar,it was me on my bike fifty years ago[that bike was fast]hi gang,has it really been that long?you mellinials listen up,we didn't need athletes on tv talkin about[60 minutes outside]our parents had to threaten us to get us inside[jai if i have to tell you one more time to get in this house,but momma it's ten seconds of day light left]when we wanted to visit our friends two blocks away,we walked[how bout that]if we wanted to watch tv we went over to the thing and turned it on...[little button on the front]as gene chandler once said..where did the time go,ahh but we had music..lover's concerto-the toys..mustang sally-wilson pickett..i don't have to shop around-the mad lads..candy-the astors..since i lost my baby-the temptations..voice your choice-the radients..never could you be-the impressions..nothing can stop me-gene chandler..oo baby baby-the miracles..i feel good-james brown..nothing but heartaches-the supremes..can i-the manhattans..i'll always love you-the contours..yes i'm ready-barbara mason..happy together-the turtles..i can't help myself-the four tops..crying won't help you now-clyde mcphatter..i'll keep on holding on-the marvelettes..i'll be doggone-marvin gaye..shotgun-jr.walker....i really wish i could catch that kid on the bike,but at least i know that he did past this way...for those of you who were there you know what i'm talking about,for those of you too young to remember don't worry...2065 will be here and you too will see a kid whiz by.

marv2
01-13-2015, 05:55 PM
1965? 50 years ago? I can't even think about it! Ugh!........................hehehehehehehehe!!!

Jerry Oz
01-14-2015, 12:18 PM
You don't want to catch that kid. You've already seen what he's going to see and if you don't remember it, it wasn't worth remembering. I was blessed to be born in 1962 - too late for the civil rights riots and horrible memories of Jim Crow, but before the age of guns, drugs, gold teeth, tattoos, untied shoes, street gangs, and pants hanging around my knees. I had [[have) two loving parents, three siblings, and an entire neighborhood who knew who I was and where I lived, so I was accounted for everywhere I went.

I walked six blocks to elementary school all by myself and would soon walk 1.5 miles to junior high and two miles to high school before getting my drivers license. My Pops still has a few hundred albums, 90% of them from 1955-1975, and I've got about 600 of them myself to cover the next 10 years. The first 30 years of my life can be recounted in the music played on the radio when I was living it. Somewhere around the late 90s, music didn't seem fun to me anymore so I'm stuck in a time warp that begins with Louis Jordan and ends with Jodeci and Montel Jordan.

I see that kid whiz by too and I'm glad he made choices that kept him out of jail and sent him back to college after the first try didn't quite work. I'm glad he saw that girl at the night club on Main Street the day after he graduated college and asked her to dance because she said yes and they married each other four years later. I'm glad his mom took him to church and let him decide that it wasn't his bag in his teenage years because when he needed it, it was waiting for him as an adult.

To wrap it all up, I'm glad to be at the butt end of the Baby Boom. When I see that kid, I remind him that things will fall into place and that he'll laugh much more than he'll cry. He's going to feel almost guilty one day that of all the lives in the world, the one he lives is the one that he wants to live. And that's pretty daggone good.

Soul Sister
01-15-2015, 12:16 PM
We had the best music, the best of everything in our youth's, R&B.

S.S.

edafan
01-15-2015, 02:53 PM
We had the best music, the best of everything in our youth's, R&B.

S.S.
I agree

edafan

marv2
01-15-2015, 03:28 PM
Oh we had the greatest. There's no doubt about it!

arr&bee
01-21-2015, 01:14 PM
No computers told us what to do,we figured it out on our own.