PDA

View Full Version : 70s Supremes Tracks released on CD

test

longtimefan
01-12-2015, 04:20 PM
In regard to tracks officially released on CD by JEAN, Mary and Cindy [[and Lynda), the vast majority appear on the THIS IS THE STORY box set, including the never released "Promises Kept" sessions.

I know that two additional tracks [[YOU'VE GOT TO PAY THE PRICE and ALL I NEED) were released on compilation CDs. One track [[THE DAY COMES BETWEEN SUNDAY AND MONDAY) is on the "pink" box set. Also, THE 70s SUPREMES ANTHOLOGY includes a couple more, e.g., NEVER CAN SAY GOODBYE, etc.)

My Question: So... Am I missing or forgetting any other "released" tracks by this grouping of The Supremes 1970-73?

kenneth
01-12-2015, 05:03 PM
The CD and cassette versions of "Greatest Hits and Rare Masters" had alternate mixes of various songs, and varied from CD to cassette, didn't they? Maybe most of the alternates were from the MSS years...I'm not sure. I have the CD but never had the cassette [[who knew we needed to buy both formats?).

longtimefan
01-12-2015, 05:20 PM
The CD and cassette versions of "Greatest Hits and Rare Masters" had alternate mixes of various songs, and varied from CD to cassette, didn't they? Maybe most of the alternates were from the MSS years...I'm not sure. I have the CD but never had the cassette [[who knew we needed to buy both formats?).

Thanks for the heads up! I did a double check of the track listings of both the CD and cassette for the 70s Supremes Greatest Hits and Rare Classics. Although the track listings varied slightly, there were no tracks that did not appear on THIS IS THE STORY. Thanks anyway! :-)

kenneth
01-12-2015, 05:35 PM
Oh you know Mary's second book lists lots of song titles in the back, showing when they were recorded. That might be a good place to check for completeness as to whether you know everything that was eventually released up to now.

Weslley Francisco
01-12-2015, 05:56 PM
Why they wouldn't released Soft Days on This Is The Story Box Set?