PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson Live from Russia?!!!!

test

marv2
11-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Hello everyone, I just learned that Mary Wilson will be touring Russia at the beginning of the New Year! I am not really sure if this is her first time , but I find it amazing and hope to get details on the tour soon. In the meantime, here are a few of the dates!

Russian Tour
Jan. 25 [[Tu) Nizhniy Novgorod Russia Philharmonic Hall [[P)
27 [[Th) Volgograd Russia [[P)
28 [[Fr) Krasnodar Russia [[P)
29 [[Sa) Sochi Russia [[P)
31 [[Mo) Moscow Russia House of Music [[P)
Feb. 2 [[We) Concert at Spaso House [[Residence of the U.S. Ambassador to Russia) Private
4 [[Fr) Kiev Ukraine National Tchaikovsky Musical Academia Theater
[[P)

stephanie
11-19-2010, 10:10 PM
I didnt know Russia like the Supremes and Mary?

marv2
11-19-2010, 10:22 PM
I didnt know Russia like the Supremes and Mary?

Everybody likes Mary! [[smile).

marybrewster
11-20-2010, 01:58 AM
http://www.marywilson.com/schedule.html

jonc
11-20-2010, 02:58 AM
Hello everyone, I just learned that Mary Wilson will be touring Russia at the beginning of the New Year! I am not really sure if this is her first time , but I find it amazing and hope to get details on the tour soon. In the meantime, here are a few of the dates!

Russian Tour
Jan. 25 [[Tu) Nizhniy Novgorod Russia Philharmonic Hall [[P)
27 [[Th) Volgograd Russia [[P)
28 [[Fr) Krasnodar Russia [[P)
29 [[Sa) Sochi Russia [[P)
31 [[Mo) Moscow Russia House of Music [[P)
Feb. 2 [[We) Concert at Spaso House [[Residence of the U.S. Ambassador to Russia) Private
4 [[Fr) Kiev Ukraine National Tchaikovsky Musical Academia Theater
[[P)

"I just learned" LMFAO. You mean you just copied and pasted this from Mary's website.

gordy_hunk
11-20-2010, 05:32 AM
Why include Kiev in that list Marv? Kiev isn't in Russia.

Motown_M_1056
11-20-2010, 07:46 AM
Even I saw that tour schedule weeks ago when I was checking to see where she would be when Diana Ross played Las Vegas. LOL She's touring the UK in 2011 with the Chi-lites.

motown4ever
11-20-2010, 08:36 AM
"I just learned" LMFAO. You mean you just copied and pasted this from Mary's website.

Jonc, ya crack me up on here. Anyway congrats to Ms. Mary Wilson. Knock them out with the Supremes songbook and not that supperclub act and she'll be fine.

jonc
11-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Jonc, ya crack me up on here. Anyway congrats to Ms. Mary Wilson. Knock them out with the Supremes songbook and not that supperclub act and she'll be fine.

Well Marv's "I just learned" and "I hope to get details on the tour soon" lines had me ROTFLMFAO. The implication was that this was information that had been exclusively funneled to him by Mary or her camp when all he did was copy and paste it from MaryWilson.com.

I also thinks it is great that Mary is playing Russia although I have to disagree with you on her supper club act. Having seen Mary's nightclub a couple of times I have to say her act is fantastic. That said, I'm sure it's the Supremes hits the Russians want to hear.

marv2
11-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Why include Kiev in that list Marv? Kiev isn't in Russia.

It was apart of the schedule. That's all.

marv2
11-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Well Marv's "I just learned" and "I hope to get details on the tour soon" lines had me ROTFLMFAO. The implication was that this was information that had been exclusively funneled to him by Mary or her camp when all he did was copy and paste it from MaryWilson.com.

I also thinks it is great that Mary is playing Russia although I have to disagree with you on her supper club act. Having seen Mary's nightclub a couple of times I have to say her act is fantastic. That said, I'm sure it's the Supremes hits the Russians want to hear.

No, you just read poorly. Case in point, Mary's show is not a supper club act, but as I said if that is how you understand things, more power to you ! LOL!!!!!

marv2
11-20-2010, 11:36 AM
This should be spectacular. I understand that they pay BIG RUBLES for American musical acts over there. Go Mary bring home the Vodka [[wink) and a ton of Caviar baby! LOL!!!!

jonc
11-20-2010, 11:54 AM
No, you just read poorly. Case in point, Mary's show is not a supper club act, but as I said if that is how you understand things, more power to you ! LOL!!!!!

And all this time I thought you had me on ignore. Oh how it warms my heart to know that you and I are still old friends. LMFAO

stephanie
11-20-2010, 12:38 PM
Marys Up Close and Personal Show to me is somewhat of a supper club act BUT she has been doing that show to crowds of 200-300 in the sit down and eat clubs and you should see the way she walks down the steps! You would think she was the queen making an entrance [[which she is). People have no idea the comments she has been getting on this show and to be honest you have to see her in person the Youtube clips of the show dont do her justice although they are not bad. People for some reason pay to see a second show when they see Mary Wilson and 30-40 percent of the crowd comes back.

olamaebarto
11-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Well if I can't get to Russia to see Mary, I can always sit on Palin's front porch and watch her.

marv2
11-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Well if I can't get to Russia to see Mary, I can always sit on Palin's front porch and watch her.

That's cute, but if you are going to go all the way to Alaska, why not splurge and go ALL THE WAY!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

captainjames
11-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Honestly, for real though, straight up.............why Russia ?

motown_david
11-20-2010, 01:37 PM
A good pay day I would think... Good for Mary.

jillfoster
11-20-2010, 01:47 PM

Why not? it's not as if Russia is a third world country or something. In Mary's book, she talked about how many classic artists will stay firmly rooted in the US, and suffer with fewer gigs, while there's people in Russia, South America, Eastern europe that are dying to see you. Many parts of the world feel neglected by big name performers, ignored... so Mary gets good gigs there, and is much appreciated. Once again, we see people from the United States acting with the arrogant attitude that it's the ONLY place in the world.

marv2
11-20-2010, 01:52 PM

Well, it started it off with B.B. King going over back in the 80's. Since then you've had the Rolling Stones, Paul Mc Cartney, even Diana Ross doing concerts over there. They pay extremely well and are very appreciative so why not?

captainjames
11-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Why not? it's not as if Russia is a third world country or something. In Mary's book, she talked about how many classic artists will stay firmly rooted in the US, and suffer with fewer gigs, while there's people in Russia, South America, Eastern europe that are dying to see you. Many parts of the world feel neglected by big name performers, ignored... so Mary gets good gigs there, and is much appreciated. Once again, we see people from the United States acting with the arrogant attitude that it's the ONLY place in the world.

Well, I can only respond to that with five words;

"BECAUSE I AM AN AMERICAN"

marv2
11-20-2010, 01:53 PM

There you have it! The truth folks!

smark21
11-20-2010, 02:09 PM

Her jazz and ballads show is much more suited to her talents than her Supremes/rock and roll oldies show. Though I've read recently she's been doing a show that's half her Up Close material and then she'll do some Supremes songs--a best of both worlds compromise.

smark21
11-20-2010, 02:10 PM
And all this time I thought you had me on ignore. Oh how it warms my heart to know that you and I are still old friends. LMFAO

It's horrible to be put on ignore. I've been inconsolable ever since Motown M put me on ignore earlier this week.

jonc
11-20-2010, 02:13 PM
It's horrible to be put on ignore. I've been inconsolable ever since Motown M put me on ignore earlier this week.

Try intense counseling or POD rejection therapy smark2.

smark21
11-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Try intense counseling or POD rejection therapy smark2.

No, I'd rather become embittered and insane.

blueskies
11-20-2010, 04:04 PM
No, I'd rather become embittered and insane.

OMG.....you and jonc make my day!

1382hitsville
11-20-2010, 07:59 PM
Hello....here I am..not from the USA and there is a big world outside. Often the artist used to be famous in the USA travel...because we like the artistry and legacy. Not just tue current hits.

topdiva1
11-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Marys Up Close and Personal Show to me is somewhat of a supper club act BUT she has been doing that show to crowds of 200-300 in the sit down and eat clubs and you should see the way she walks down the steps! You would think she was the queen making an entrance [[which she is). People have no idea the comments she has been getting on this show and to be honest you have to see her in person the Youtube clips of the show dont do her justice although they are not bad. People for some reason pay to see a second show when they see Mary Wilson and 30-40 percent of the crowd comes back.

Well put and you are so right.

topdiva1
11-21-2010, 03:02 PM

It is only in the USA that we do not respect great stars of yesteryear the way we should. Great post - thanks.