PDA

View Full Version : The Mary Jane Girls

test

midnightman
11-19-2010, 07:35 PM
I've been listening to their funky hit "Candy Man" over and over this week and just love it. I think this group had more potential than some of the groups Motown signed. I guess this is to answer that question of which '80s act [[besides DeBarge) that could've continued to build at Motown and I pick the MJG's. I wonder if Rick had anything to do with why the group disintegrated to the point where they're at now.

It's a shame they had some quality material but as soon as Rick was in trouble with Motown, they were dropped never to be heard from again. And most recently the original lead singer [[JoJo) is in constant war with other MJG's.

Anyway what you think of the princesses of punk funk?

whitesoxx
11-20-2010, 03:47 AM
Love 'em! Great singers and gret songs! They recorded a third album for Motown that reains unreleased. As 80's Motown doesn't get a lot of love, I doubt it will ever see the light of day :-[[

midnightman
11-20-2010, 05:07 PM
^ To many Motown after 1975 was an afterthought. So I see what you mean. But they had some great material.

arrr&bee
11-20-2010, 05:22 PM
The mary jane girls had it going on and with a little push i think they would still be riding high on the charts,beyond the sexy thing they had,those chicks could sing!!

rod_rick
11-20-2010, 06:04 PM
To hear JO jo tell it, she was the only singer in the group.

midnightman
11-20-2010, 10:35 PM
The mary jane girls had it going on and with a little push i think they would still be riding high on the charts,beyond the sexy thing they had,those chicks could sing!!

They had it all as far as I know and I agree, Motown should've pushed them more.