PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson: New Material?

test

longtimefan
01-03-2015, 12:25 PM
I am a long time fan of Mary Wilson and in no way is this posting meant to be critical of her. I have my fingers crossed that this thread does not take a negative turn.

I have recently read that Sweet Feet Music is planning to record new tracks on Mary "in a few weeks," after the release of remixes of "Gotta Keep On Movin'" come out soon.

I guess my question is: We have waited so long for the album that Mary recorded call "Clarify" [[that includes "Life's Been Good to Me"). What hope do we actually have that new material will ever come out?

I guess my sub-question is: Does anyone actually know why the "Clarify" album has been discussed for over 10 years and never released? Since the tracks have long since been completed, and they seem to be, what reason on earth is there that this material would never have been released? Many artists "self release" CDs to sell at concerts. Mary's numerous concerts are very exciting to her audiences, and I know they would buy CDs on the spot. Plus, downloading is a less expensive way to get the material "out there."

I remain mystified.

jobeterob
01-03-2015, 01:55 PM
Isn't the answer "there is no money in it".

Way better to make concert appearances, have some fun, make a bit of money.

honest man
01-03-2015, 03:00 PM
I am a long time fan of Mary Wilson and in no way is this posting meant to be critical of her. I have my fingers crossed that this thread does not take a negative turn.

I have recently read that Sweet Feet Music is planning to record new tracks on Mary "in a few weeks," after the release of remixes of "Gotta Keep On Movin'" come out soon.

I guess my question is: We have waited so long for the album that Mary recorded call "Clarify" [[that includes "Life's Been Good to Me"). What hope do we actually have that new material will ever come out?

I guess my sub-question is: Does anyone actually know why the "Clarify" album has been discussed for over 10 years and never released? Since the tracks have long since been completed, and they seem to be, what reason on earth is there that this material would never have been released? Many artists "self release" CDs to sell at concerts. Mary's numerous concerts are very exciting to her audiences, and I know they would buy CDs on the spot. Plus, downloading is a less expensive way to get the material "out there."

I remain mystified.Basically throwing good money after bad,sorry.Mary can't sell ,cheers,

jobeterob
01-03-2015, 03:18 PM
He's right of course. She hasn't ever sold. She isn't that kind of artist.

There are about 2 artists that "sell" now. That era is pretty much over.

She definitely could self release; if she has some reasonable material, she just needs to find someone to give her a hand and put it out.

honest man
01-03-2015, 03:36 PM
[

She definitely could self release; if she has some reasonable material, she just needs to find someone to give her a hand and put it out.[/QUOTE]Maybe we could start the ball rolling here at SDF,i would put a couple of pounds in to help her,cheers.....................

marybrewster
01-03-2015, 04:21 PM

I remain mystified.

Not to be critical, but I think the proposed title was "Clarity", not "Clarify."

milven
01-03-2015, 04:53 PM
Not to be critical, but I think the proposed title was "Clarity", not "Clarify."

Well thank you for clarifying the title of the album and giving us some clarity.

http://www.writerscafe.org/uploads/stories/5ab37dba4df97f0ad1d97b8d609d6e7e.gif[

captainjames
01-03-2015, 10:29 PM
I think Mary is doing Mary best now. A new CD without some kind of "spark" is not going to do well for her I think. I would love for her to do some sort of duet with someone like Johnny Gill or Tank or even Yep Chris Brown.

supremester
01-04-2015, 08:22 AM
It's probably not finished yet - she's released two singles from it and one has a killer vocal on it. Martha got her Christmas CD out in a non-traditional manner and I must say Christmas will never seem quite the same again!