PDA

View Full Version : Another MSNBC Host Suspended

test

skooldem1
11-19-2010, 05:17 PM
....before I get into that, just a reminder of what I said recently.

11-08-2010 06:39 PM #19 skooldem1
Posts 3,497 Its the new thing in cable news. Mark my words, within 6 months another news personality will be fired/suspended.

Just 10 days later [[much sooner than I expected), todays headline reads:

Joe Scarborough Suspended From MSNBC Over Political Donations.

I guess MSNBC figured if a ratings bump worked for ole Keith than why not try it again.

Here is the link to the story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/19/joe-scarborough-suspended_n_786105.html

soulster
11-19-2010, 07:07 PM
No ratings bump. It was not planned.

What concerns a lot of people is that where is the line between your personal life and your professional life? It looks like MSNBC blurs that distinction.

For these anchors/personalities, they should have been anonymous with their contributions. Fox, OTOH, celebrates these contributions.

What I find funny is that Morning Joe says it was a non-political contribution. Poppycock!

skooldem1
11-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Suspension gives MSNBC, Olbermann bump in ratings

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101115/ap_en_tv/us_tv_msnbc_olbermann

soulster
11-19-2010, 08:51 PM
So, skooldem, do you believe the Fox people do this stuff for ratings?

marv2
11-19-2010, 09:20 PM
LOL! This is good SkoolDem, you go!

skooldem1
11-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Of course I do. As does CNN and ALL networks. I still think the Joy/Whoopie walk out was pre meditated as well.

stephanie
11-19-2010, 09:43 PM
When I saw this [[not on SDF) earlier I cracked up are they playing a game now? Joe gets two days suspension what does he make 250k a year or more is that going to hurt him? If I miss 2 days of pay im in the doghouse! I think this is a joke I really do I hope Rachel Maddow didnt give to anyone or if she did knowing her she told. One thing I will give Fox News credit for you dont get suspended there if you give to the GOP the name goes right up on the screen. Repubs stick together. I wish Dems would too.

soulster
11-19-2010, 10:07 PM
And, that's how they win, Steph.

I was talking with a hard-core Dem the other day. He was telling me how disgusting republikkkans are, and I agreed with him, but I also added that they win because they play dirty. They stick together and work the system. he then got mad at the suggestion that democrats lie, cheat, prey on the less-intelligent, and use fear, to win elections. My final words was that it works.