PDA

View Full Version : Original LP bargains in London store

test

alanh
12-30-2014, 12:35 PM
I called into the Fopp store at Cambridge Circus in London today and they have come across some original US LP sealed pressings of:

"Power" - The Temptations
"To Be Continued" - The Temptations
"Truly For You" - The Temptations
"In The Pocket" - The Commodores

plus "The Wanderer" Donna Summer, "The Music Band" War, "Friends" [[I think - can't remember now and didn't write it down!) - Dionne Warwick and a Herman's Hermits album :).

All selling at £3 each!! There are around six or so copies of each title - so hurry if you're interested. They're on one of the ground floor racks near the checkout.

kenneth
12-30-2014, 03:53 PM
It's always so fun to find LPs at bargain prices, even if you already have them.

I was at our local Goodwill store yesterday and bought 5 Teena Marie albums [[2 on Motown, 3 on Epic) and 3 Donna Summer albums [[all on Geffen, I think). They were only 75 cents each and all in pretty good shape.

On Ebay lately, I bought an album lot just to get a copy of the Elgins "Darling Baby" in stereo. The whole lot was only $22. In addition to the Elgins [[which was not a Mint copy, but I'd say VG +) it included The Dells "There Is," Tymes "Wonderful Tymes," and the Impressions "Greatest Hits," in addition to a couple others. I felt the lot was worth the price alone just for the Elgins' LP. Of course, it doesn't compare to when I first bought the album at a discount store in Detroit, a still sealed, copy for 88 cents! That was actually how I built my entire collection including all the early Marvelettes, Mary Wells and Miracles titles.

Ngroove
01-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Latest Motown LP bargain buys [[ $1 or less!), "playable" enough condition too!

- The Motown Sound: A Collection of 16 Original Big Hits, Vol.6
- Thelma Houston, The Devil In Me
- Four Tops, Back Where I Belong