PDA

View Full Version : DRATS in Concert 1968!!!

test

sansradio
12-29-2014, 09:28 PM
Not sure of the date or venue, but here ya go! I've never seen this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11tSPWVPhIw&index=2&list=WL

Roger Polhill
12-29-2014, 10:22 PM
It`s the Amsterdam concert of 4.3.68. recorded in the Concertgebouw. This has been suggested as wrong and is now corrected to the RAI Congress Centre.

reese
12-29-2014, 10:23 PM
It was released on dvd a while back as THE SUPREMES GREATEST HITS: LIVE IN AMSTERDAM.

sansradio
12-29-2014, 11:33 PM
Ahh, so this is the famed Concertgebouw/Amsterdam show! Gotcha.

Roger Polhill
12-30-2014, 12:30 AM
There is at least 3 Supremes concerts on dvd in Europe in this tour [[1968). This one, Sweden and Italy. On cd only the "Talk of the Town" from England and all with fairly similar song lists

Roger Polhill
12-30-2014, 12:42 AM
Ooops! I forgot the Studio 101 in Paris.

marybrewster
12-30-2014, 10:17 AM
I've seen this several times and have on VHS somewhere; it's always worth another look. Thank you for posting. This is very similar to the "Talk of the Town" concert and LP release, and several other concerts that have been mentioned.

One thing I've always questioned: Diana introduces "In and Out of Love" as their 'lastest recording'. "In and Out of Love" was released in October, 1967. The follow-up, "Forever Came Today" was released in February, 1968.

Were all of these concerts truly in January and February of 1968? Or had "Foreve Came Today" had been released, and not added to the set list yet? Was "Forever Came Today" ever really included in their live show?

sansradio
12-30-2014, 11:02 AM
You're more than welcome, Mary.

bradsupremes
12-30-2014, 11:03 AM
Were all of these concerts truly in January and February of 1968? Or had "Foreve Came Today" had been released, and not added to the set list yet? Was "Forever Came Today" ever really included in their live show?

These concerts had to have been in January and February of '68 because they were back in the US by March. I have a concert review from March when they did two shows at Cleveland's Music Hall and they performed "Forever Came Today" for the first time. Must not have been in the show for very long though. Some people on here have said they saw them perform "Some Things You Never Get Used To."

There was a clip on YouTube several years ago from an Italian music show and showed brief archival footage from the 60's. One of the clips was Diana, Mary and Cindy lip-syncing to "L'Amore Verra." My guess is that it was done when they were in Milan.

LuvHangOva
12-30-2014, 11:33 PM
one of my fav DRATS videos because of the way Miss Ross "works" the bejeweled spangles on that gown as she slinks/sashays on her way to the stage. It's what a professional model would do. She
K N O W S that gown kicks ass and wants us to notice the embellishments.

antceleb12
12-31-2014, 12:12 AM
Ehhh I've never been too big a fan of a lot of the post-Flo [[post 1967) concerts. They became to nightclub-y for my taste. I also prefer the DMF blend to the DMC blend. Technically speaking, this is a very good concert. It's just too schmaltzy for my taste.

sansradio
12-31-2014, 10:12 AM
one of my fav DRATS videos because of the way Miss Ross "works" the bejeweled spangles on that gown as she slinks/sashays on her way to the stage. It's what a professional model would do. She
K N O W S that gown kicks ass and wants us to notice the embellishments.

One word, LuvHangOva: YAAAAASSSS!!!! ;)

smark21
12-31-2014, 11:54 AM
Perhaps the people who wrote the stage patter for the DRATS show hadn't gotten around to updating/revising Diana's lines when Forever Came Today was released?