PDA

View Full Version : Where Is The Cindy Birdong Donation Thread ?

test

milven
12-27-2014, 11:01 AM
There was a thread here asking us to send donations to Cindy Birdsong's former husband. We weren't told why she needed donations [[health, financial, etc.). I questioned the purpose of the donations, but there was also an address in the thread to send well wishes.

If there was some kind of Soulful Detroit Rule about posting for donations, I could not find it. The closest rule I found was for advertising.

4-No advertising. Advertising in any form is not permitted, except by permission and / or contract. For established forum members free classified ads are permitted subject to the conditions cited in the free classified forum. Non-permitted advertising will be removed without notice or explanation.

Was the content of the post a form of advertising? If not, why was the entire thread removed? Could the post have not been kept, but edited so that anyone wishing to send Cindy well wishes and not funds could have done so?

Just curious. Often entire threads are removed which may includes some of our posts. It sometimes seems a waste of time to contribute to a thread and then see your words removed. Removing a post or poster from a thread that violates SDF rules and maintaining the thread seems fairer to me.

There were no offensive posts in the thread. So I did not see any Ralph rules or SDF rules broken.

Asking for donations may be a form of advertising or soliciting. Is it?
It takes time to respond to posts and it is sad when those responses are removed.

Please clarify and thank you in advance for your response.

ralpht
12-27-2014, 12:24 PM
milven,
I deleted the thread through a request by it's originator. Apparently it was deteriorating.

milven
12-27-2014, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the response Ralph. I did not see any deteriorating, just some questions which I think were legitimate.

Hopefully, the originator will repost when he is supplied more specific information - or post an address where fans can send Thinking of You notes.

Again, thanks for your speedy response.

ralpht
12-27-2014, 12:57 PM
No problem, Mil. Sorry if I misread something.