PDA

View Full Version : Funkytown grooves 50% off Just Released Ross, Martha Ree, Millie - MORE

test

supremester
12-26-2014, 12:21 PM
https://us-mg6.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=cj7pppqvii7n1#7745786538

RobertZ
12-26-2014, 12:32 PM
Wow! A great deal; thanks! I've ordered -

soulster
12-27-2014, 03:54 PM
Right ON! Thanks, man!

theboyfromxtown
12-27-2014, 04:50 PM
Is this only for US buyers?

alanh
12-27-2014, 06:06 PM
Thanks Supremester! Your link didn't work for me, but I found the site direct.

John - UK buyers are OK. I've just registered and ordered. The site's a bit confusing because it gives both UK and US options, with only a few choices on the UK site. When I clicked the 'sale', it took me to the US sale listing and prices. However you'll find you can order the US priced items, then pay in pounds and also get UK domestic shipping charge too!

Alan

vgalindo
12-27-2014, 11:18 PM
This is a wonderful sale. I have all the Diana Ross, all the Gladys Knight and the Pips and the newly released Martha Reeves. They are all really wonderful. I bought them when they were first released. I have been wanting the 3 new Dionne Warwick ones and now is the perfect time to order them at a super discount. Love Funkytown Grooves.

theboyfromxtown
12-28-2014, 03:03 PM

John - UK buyers are OK. I've just registered and ordered. The site's a bit confusing because it gives both UK and US options, with only a few choices on the UK site. When I clicked the 'sale', it took me to the US sale listing and prices. However you'll find you can order the US priced items, then pay in pounds and also get UK domestic shipping charge too!

Alan

Thank you Alan

daviddesper
12-29-2014, 12:59 AM
Yes indeed many thanks! I immediately cancelled two other orders and instead ordered through this great sale. I have already received my shipping notice from them.

theboyfromxtown
12-29-2014, 08:22 AM

Alan

I bought all 6 for £35.50!

alanh
12-30-2014, 06:02 AM
I've always thought of the label as a US operation only - I've seen their releases mentioned but not thought too much about being able to get them. But I notice they have a Northampton office, so UK access to the CDs must be easier than I thought. I'll certainly be keeping an eye on their website from now on!

kenneth
12-30-2014, 04:21 PM
Wow, what great prices! I hadn't planned to buy these DR titles but at that price, I guess I'll have to.

Has anyone ever heard the Billy Griffin albums?

Thanks for the tip, Supremester!

thommg
12-30-2014, 05:02 PM
Got the Martha Reeves and the Dionne Warwick cd's. Very excited to have them - and they are already on their way to me. I always have a good experience with Funkytown Grooves.

kenneth
12-31-2014, 11:23 AM
Their turnaround time is incredible. I put my order in yesterday and this morning had an email from them saying it'd already been dispatched. The shipping cost is high to the U.S. I ordered 10 CDs and the shipping was $24. Still a good deal with the 50% off but I do think that shipping is rather high.

blueskies
12-31-2014, 11:52 AM
I ordered the Martha Reeves. I put my order in last night and I was notified it was shipped this morning! Wow! I hope the sale lasts a bit longer as would like to order more.

alanh
01-04-2015, 11:32 AM
Great reissue company and website, but they do send out rather a lot of reminder emails:)!

kenneth
01-06-2015, 12:12 PM
I got my 10 CDs in quick order, but based on their shipping costs and practices, I won't order from them again.

I assumed the very high shipping cost [[$24) was because they were shipping from the U.K. No, the CDs were shipped from New York. They shipped 2-day priority [[who needed them that quickly) with no media mail option. Even then, they charged a whopping $10 additional cost over what was the actual shipping of only $14. Seems they are more in the shipping and handling business than in the mail order business to me.

So based on having no reasonable mail options, and their extremely high shipping rates, I won't order from these folks again.

vgalindo
01-06-2015, 01:47 PM
I am just grateful for Funkytown Grooves. Without them we would have never gotten these new releases. I didn't think we would ever have Diana Ross' RCA material re-released and expanded. I am so happy to have Martha Reeves' Rest of My Life album finally on cd. I didn't think we ever would. My shipping was about $3.00 per cd. Amazon now charges $3.99. And you can't beat their prices. Very reasonable for these classics.

kenneth
01-06-2015, 09:57 PM
I am just grateful for Funkytown Grooves. Without them we would have never gotten these new releases. I didn't think we would ever have Diana Ross' RCA material re-released and expanded. I am so happy to have Martha Reeves' Rest of My Life album finally on cd. I didn't think we ever would. My shipping was about $3.00 per cd. Amazon now charges $3.99. And you can't beat their prices. Very reasonable for these classics.

I suppose you are right. But I'm so used to most places like Amazon having free shipping now if you spend a certain amount. I mean it's only $3.99 if you order from one of their sellers. I never pay Amazon anything for shipping if I buy from them directly.

But you're right. It's good to have this material available.

vgalindo
01-06-2015, 10:35 PM
Yes. I agree. They should lower their shipping when you are ordering more than one cd. It would seem more fair and reasonable.