PDA

View Full Version : "AIN'T NOTHIN LIKE THE REAL THING" A lil blue eyed and sisterly soul

test

glencro
12-14-2014, 04:12 PM
Dutch blue eyed soul singer David Dam and Debbie Sledge of Sister Sledge singing the Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxYG1IXClEU

theboyfromxtown
12-14-2014, 04:56 PM
They both have lovely voices. I enjoyed that video. Thank you for posting.

It reminds me of a "moment" in my life. At a Motown concert featuring the Velvelettes and Allie Woodson, the Velvelette's lead singer Cal Street intended to sing a duet with Allie. When Cal rehearsed, she asked me to sing Allie's vocal. Even though I can't sing, it was a moment of a lifetime for me.

glencro
12-14-2014, 11:31 PM
I agree, I thought they sounded great together. Thank you for sharing that story theboyfromxtown. That was definitely a special moment worth remembering.

glencro
07-31-2020, 03:26 PM
He's a soulful soul
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFIND_mVOL0

copley
08-01-2020, 02:03 PM
Nice try but as the song says ......

fatmaninthethirdrow
08-01-2020, 03:31 PM
They both have lovely voices. I enjoyed that video. Thank you for posting.

It reminds me of a "moment" in my life. At a Motown concert featuring the Velvelettes and Allie Woodson, the Velvelette's lead singer Cal Street intended to sing a duet with Allie. When Cal rehearsed, she asked me to sing Allie's vocal. Even though I can't sing, it was a moment of a lifetime for me.

I felt the same when, in a hotel in Manchester, Brenda Holloway asked me to sing her one of her songs where the lyrics escaped her. Thank Goodness after a few lines of my desperate croaking she remembered them and took over!

snakepit
08-02-2020, 04:19 AM
Are we talking Ritz with Kim Weston?
If so thank you for prompting Brenda..didn't notice any issues!

fatmaninthethirdrow
08-02-2020, 08:09 AM
Are we talking Ritz with Kim Weston?
If so thank you for prompting Brenda..didn't notice any issues!

hi Larry,

yes dead right and what a weekend that was. the duets between Kim and Brenda were memorable.

snakepit
08-05-2020, 02:32 AM
Indeed...still got my Tamla tee shirt, autographed by Brenda, proudly on display.

masterblaster
08-05-2020, 06:25 AM
ANLTRT is currently featuring on an advert here in UK, all the family stop and listen when it comes on, it's a true classic.