PDA

View Full Version : Fat Albert songs

test

jillfoster
12-13-2014, 02:30 PM
Great upload of all the songs from the series. This was some really GREAT music, anyone know the background of these tracks, who and where they were recorded, etc?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMx9mqyLQ-g

marv2
12-13-2014, 03:08 PM
I use to watch Fat Albert every week during 1973-74. I even got the board game for Christmas that year. That is how popular that cartoon series was.

Jerry Oz
12-13-2014, 06:39 PM
"Beggin' Benny, he'll take anything you've got,
A shoe, a lamp, a ten-cent stamp, or a coffee pot [[he don't care what).
Beggin' Benny, I'm glad there aren't many like you!"

Why do I remember this song?

jillfoster
12-13-2014, 06:48 PM
"Beggin' Benny, he'll take anything you've got,
A shoe, a lamp, a ten-cent stamp, or a coffee pot [[he don't care what).
Beggin' Benny, I'm glad there aren't many like you!"

Why do I remember this song?

That's because it's a memoerable song! LOL Looking back, this show really handled some heavy stuff in a very delicate way. The episode "Sweet Sorrow" I remember was one of the saddest, with the little girl whose parent were getting divorced. It deserved every emmy it got.

Jerry Oz
12-14-2014, 09:41 PM
It doesn't get much heavier than a group of poor kids who make music with stuff they find in a junk yard. The only one who had a real instrument was Rudy, who had an electric guitar [[although I don't know how he amped it up, playing in the junk yard).

mark speck
12-21-2014, 03:14 AM
You remember the song, Jerry, because it's one hell of a huge earworm...all those songs were. I've had a number of 'em stuck in my head for years! I'm glad Jill found that post with all the songs. I will have to watch it soon.

Best,

Mark