PDA

View Full Version : Sound of The Supremes?

test

blueskies
12-11-2014, 11:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70dTR1_jI6U

I thought The Sounds of The Supremes was the Kaaren Ragland group? This ain't them? Come to think of it......kinda funny.

antceleb12
12-12-2014, 12:10 AM
Not the worst I've seen. Harmonies are pretty good. Band sounds like cheap karaoke, though, and those outfits are tacky.

bradsupremes
12-12-2014, 02:12 AM
The nerve! How dare they steal Kaaaaren's legacy and image! In fact one of those ladies sang with Kaaaren. She claims she was a 90's Supremes.

stephanie
12-12-2014, 02:15 AM
I have to give this group credit...A they sound good B if you go to 16:06 they introduce themselves and give their real names and say which Supreme they represent C at the end of the show the MC says give a hand to Supremes Tribute. If you watch the whole clip you will see this. There is NO evidence of them trying to fool people. They sound better than Raaglands group and even if you dont like tribute groups they do a good job. The one who is Diana Ross sounds a little bit like her. I have heard much worse these ladies have good harmonies.

blueskies
12-12-2014, 10:03 AM
They sound 'OK'.....I just thought it was amusing they called themselves SOS. Wonder how Ragland feels, now? I'm thinking Chantel Baker is waiting in the wings to take over the lead spot if this girl leaves.

marv2
12-12-2014, 10:38 AM
The nerve! How dare they steal Kaaaaren's legacy and image! In fact one of those ladies sang with Kaaaren. She claims she was a 90's Supremes.

She only sang with Kaaren during the 1997-98 time frame so was only a 90's Supreme for a little over a year.

jobucats
12-12-2014, 01:00 PM
I have to give this group credit...A they sound good B if you go to 16:06 they introduce themselves and give their real names and say which Supreme they represent C at the end of the show the MC says give a hand to Supremes Tribute. If you watch the whole clip you will see this. There is NO evidence of them trying to fool people. They sound better than Raaglands group and even if you dont like tribute groups they do a good job. The one who is Diana Ross sounds a little bit like her. I have heard much worse these ladies have good harmonies.

I agree with Stephanie that this is a pretty good presentation musically and in that they are not trying to deceive the audience into believing they are the real deal. The lead singer does have a similar voice and mannerisms of Diana Ross.

thommg
12-12-2014, 04:26 PM
They are very clear that they are a Supremes tribute - they even mention the names of the original Supremes. And the dresses are better than what most of the fake groups wear. At least they are upfront about what they are doing.

REDHOT
12-12-2014, 04:52 PM
I agree with you Stephanie,i'd go see them,they sound good,and they look good,they are a tribute group,i must say,they do a good job,

marv2
12-12-2014, 05:34 PM
I agree with you Stephanie,i'd go see them,they sound good,and they look good,they are a tribute group,i must say,they do a good job,

I thought they did a really good job. It was obvious that they put a lot into their act. The vocals, the choreography, costumes etc. They even incorporated part of Mary's act of bringing audience members up on stage.

jobeterob
12-12-2014, 08:36 PM
They did a pretty decent job of creating a replica. No real objection.

rod_rick
12-13-2014, 01:30 AM
Not bad for a tribute group and they are promoted as such. I'm sure these ladies and raglands SOS has the same management.