PDA

View Full Version : "Nightflight" Tue Dec 9, 9P-12M ET:"Brit Invasion Girls of the 60's!"

test

midnight johnny
12-09-2014, 04:20 PM
Howdy, Folks! Well....our MONSOON...and I DON'T mean Edina...hasn't let up yet. But....tonight I'm gonna give you something that will keep you toasty and warm...and hopefully dry....The British Invasion Girls of the 60's! You know who they are...check out the photo and see how many you can pick out. I won't be playing them all...nor playing all they did. But I'll give you a nice cross section of their great and special recordings! That's tonight...on "Nightflight"...on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org [[http://www.womr.org) Thanks! See you on the radio! Johnhttps://36.media.tumblr.com/462e17e4425fca8ea999b5cca0c898a0/tumblr_mko4y2EZKj1rij8i9o1_500.png

kenneth
12-09-2014, 04:27 PM
I'm ashamed to admit that only one I know who it is for sure is Lulu, in the white dress with the band in her hair. Other than that, I'm at a loss! Is the one in the pants suit cross legged, Cilla Black?

I'm going to try to listen in tonight after missing many weeks of great shows!

midnight johnny
12-09-2014, 06:23 PM
I'm ashamed to admit that only one I know who it is for sure is Lulu, in the white dress with the band in her hair. Other than that, I'm at a loss! Is the one in the pants suit cross legged, Cilla Black?

I'm going to try to listen in tonight after missing many weeks of great shows! Kenneth....yup! That's Cilla! And thanks....it'll be good to have you listening!

midnight johnny
12-09-2014, 09:27 PM
....in the studio....Blimey! Howdyyyyy!

Glenpwood
12-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Hi John,

Carl and I will be here and ready to "Step Inside Love" with you and the gang at nine!

See you soon!
Glen

MotownLover
12-09-2014, 09:32 PM
Super! It's gonna be a GREAT show tonight!

Howard in Long Beach, CA :cool:

[[Here a little earlier than usual...)

midnight johnny
12-09-2014, 09:46 PM
Hi John,

Carl and I will be here and ready to "Step Inside Love" with you and the gang at nine!

See you soon!
Glen

....and "I'm Glad About It...glad about it....whoa whoaaaaa""

midnight johnny
12-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Super! It's gonna be a GREAT show tonight!

Howard in Long Beach, CA :cool:

[[Here a little earlier than usual...)

Nice to have you early, Howard...I am too!!! Thank you, Sir!

Mark Desjardines
12-09-2014, 09:56 PM
There definitely must be something in the drinking water over in there U.K. judging by the huge amount of very soulful songbirds it has produced over the decades, and continues to in full force today. Definitely will be tuning i for a heapin' helping of female Brit gal soul this evening, John!

midnight johnny
12-09-2014, 10:01 PM
There definitely must be something in the drinking water over in there U.K. judging by the huge amount of very soulful songbirds it has produced over the decades, and continues to in full force today. Definitely will be tuning i for a heapin' helping of female Brit gal soul this evening, John!

DJ Mark!!! Howdyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Ryon6
12-09-2014, 10:03 PM
I'm here too MJ. How was your Thanksgiving?

midnight johnny
12-09-2014, 10:06 PM
I'm here too MJ. How was your Thanksgiving?

Tyrone......great to see you....it was good! Hope yours was wonderful!

Mark Desjardines
12-09-2014, 10:14 PM
John, that is fantastic about you approaching 5 million hits on Youtube! Very well deserved acclaim, my friend. Speaking of Petula Clark, I was intrigued by the review of her last CD recorded at 80 years of age, and her version of "Crazy," proves she still has the vocal pipes!

midnight johnny
12-09-2014, 10:18 PM
John, that is fantastic about you approaching 5 million hits on Youtube! Very well deserved acclaim, my friend. Speaking of Petula Clark, I was intrigued by the review of her last CD recorded at 80 years of age, and her version of "Crazy," proves she still has the vocal pipes!

Thank you, Mark!!! Some nice things on that newest album....she's so old...it's SCARY!

Mark Desjardines
12-09-2014, 10:32 PM
John, that was a wonderful stereo version of Marianne Faithful's "As Tears Go By." I saw her live in Montreal in the early 80's. She and her band had been held up arriving from a Toronto show, and she walked on stage wearing a raincoat and her purse. As she got into her set, her raincoat was shucked off and here blouse opened, and she had what we now would term a "wardrobe malfunction!" Not bad for middle aged babe. Her visage attests to the long and winding road of her life. A few years back on a CBC interview she reflected on her first hit written by Mick Jaguar and how her subsequent revisit to that song from a much more seasoned frame of mind gave the lyrics new meaning. indeed!

Glenpwood
12-09-2014, 10:43 PM
Love this Petula Clark song. Very haunting.

midnight johnny
12-09-2014, 10:44 PM
John, that was a wonderful stereo version of Marianne Faithful's "As Tears Go By." I saw her live in Montreal in the early 80's. She and her band had been held up arriving from a Toronto show, and she walked on stage wearing a raincoat and her purse. As she got into her set, her raincoat was shucked off and here blouse opened, and she had what we now would term a "wardrobe malfunction!" Not bad for middle aged babe. Her visage attests to the long and winding road of her life. A few years back on a CBC interview she reflected on her first hit written by Mick Jaguar and how her subsequent revisit to that song from a much more seasoned from of mind gave the lyrics new meaning. indeed!

...........................Yikes!!!!

Mark Desjardines
12-09-2014, 10:47 PM
John, thanks for playing that Petula Clark cut from her most recent CD. Still fresh and as hip as tomorrow, she truly is proof that age is just a number.

midnight johnny
12-09-2014, 10:57 PM
John, thanks for playing that Petula Clark cut from her most recent CD. Still fresh and as hip as tomorrow, she truly is proof that age is just a number. Yeah....tell that to my knees [[*grin)!

midnight johnny
12-09-2014, 10:58 PM
John, thanks for playing that Petula Clark cut from her most recent CD. Still fresh and as hip as tomorrow, she truly is proof that age is just a number. My pleasure!!!

MotownLover
12-09-2014, 11:04 PM
Really liked the music from this era while growing up. Appreciate it more though now than ever and collected a lot of the British Invasion material on CDs in recent years. Music from the 1960s and 1970s can't be beat in my book.

A lot of what I hear today leaves me uninterested and wondering what happened to GOOD music!

Howard in Long Beach, CA ;)

midnight johnny
12-09-2014, 11:15 PM
Really liked the music from this era while growing up. Appreciate it more though now than ever and collected a lot of the British Invasion material on CDs in recent years. Music from the 1960s and 1970s can't be beat in my book.

A lot of what I hear today leaves me uninterested and wondering what happened to GOOD music!

Howard in Long Beach, CA ;)

Howard....you got THAT right!!

Glenpwood
12-09-2014, 11:56 PM
Beautiful extension of Step Inside Love, John. Thanks for playing!

Mark Desjardines
12-10-2014, 12:04 AM
John, I thought I knew the A, B, C's of Brit Gal Soul, but you are definitely venturing in the X, Y, Z's of it tonight! Listening to the depth of the soul of these women, it struck me that there should be an anthology featuring all of the music you shared with us this evening. The lads at Universal Music who may have access to the musical output of these fabulous women should consider hiring you to compile such a box set and writing the booklet notes.

Glenpwood
12-10-2014, 12:05 AM
I love "Its For You." Cilla has dismissed it as inferior at times because it only peaked at number seven snapping her run at the top of the charts with Anyone Who Had A Heart and You're My World but it's a great tune regardless of chart peak.

midnight johnny
12-10-2014, 12:08 AM
Beautiful extension of Step Inside Love, John. Thanks for playing!

Glen....thank you, Sir. Much appreciated...and my pleasure!

midnight johnny
12-10-2014, 12:14 AM
John, I thought I knew the A, B, C's of Brit Gal Soul, but you are definitely venturing in the X, Y, Z's of it tonight! Listening to the depth of the soul of these women, it struck me that there should be an anthology featuring all of the music you shared with us this evening. The lads at Universal Music who may have access to the musical output of these fabulous women should consider hiring you to compile such a box set and writing the booklet notes.

Mark Mark Mark....thank you....you are too kind!!!

midnight johnny
12-10-2014, 12:21 AM
I love "Its For You." Cilla has dismissed it as inferior at times because it only peaked at number seven snapping her run at the top of the charts with Anyone Who Had A Heart and You're My World but it's a great tune regardless of chart peak.

Well...Cilla's just a silly, silly fool.....it's wonderful...as you said, Glen!

supremester
12-10-2014, 12:50 AM
John what a great idea for a show - LOVING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!

Gregg & Geoff

midnight johnny
12-10-2014, 12:51 AM
Thanks all....a pleasure to share these great ladies' songs!! Have a great week....see you next time.....

midnight johnny
12-10-2014, 12:55 AM
John what a great idea for a show - LOVING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!

Gregg & Geoff

Thank you Gregg and Geoff!!!!