PDA

View Full Version : Supremes Reflections Definitive Performances DVD Question

test

woodward
12-07-2014, 04:07 PM
A technical question on the 2006 Supremes Definitive Performances DVD. The version I have has an yellowish/orange cover but all the other DVDs in this series have the Map across the top. I recently saw that there is what appears to be the identical DVD with the MAP across the top.

Does anyone know the difference, if there is any, between the two issuances?

Roger Polhill
12-07-2014, 06:39 PM
I believe that they are identical apart from the cover Bill. The one with the "Map" is just to match the others in the set.

reese
12-07-2014, 07:02 PM
A technical question on the 2006 Supremes Definitive Performances DVD. The version I have has an yellowish/orange cover but all the other DVDs in this series have the Map across the top. I recently saw that there is what appears to be the identical DVD with the MAP across the top.

Does anyone know the difference, if there is any, between the two issuances?

The Supremes' Ed Sullivan dvd collection has the Motown banner across the top. Maybe you saw that one?

woodward
10-30-2016, 02:00 PM
I believe that they are identical apart from the cover Bill. The one with the "Map" is just to match the others in the set.

I was just doing some research on this unusual situation and much to my surprise, I made a very interesting discovery. First I went into www.ebay.com and did a search for The Supremes: Reflections DVD. About 40 or so DVDs for sale came up. I went through the entire listing and discovered that the only two for sale with the map across were from countries other than the USA. So I looked at mine [[which incidentally I have not attempted to play as it was identical I assumed to the other one) and discovered that my copy is designated for Regions 2-6 Worldwide excl. N. America. Apparently they released this version with the map across it for use in other regions. EXCLUDING NORTH AMERICA. I tried googling the UPC scan number on the map version and it failed to come up as all other nine DVDs in the set came up. Interesting result.....

thommg
10-31-2016, 02:09 PM
Not surprised that it was a different region DVD. I have The Supremes: Greatest Hits Live DVD with 2 different concerts on it. I didn't look at the region and it's not playable in Region 1. Luckily, I can see it on my computer. I believe there is a Region 0 version of that disc, but that is not mine.