PDA

View Full Version : Motown 25 on PBS/Channel 13 NY tonight

test

Jimi LaLumia
12-06-2014, 07:02 PM
at 8:30 Channel 13 in NY, probably airing on other PBS stations throughout the country

tjl
12-07-2014, 03:47 AM
Tonight was a preview feed for New York and NJ on Thirteen. Stay tuned for details of some very major national plans I have in the works for a nationwide celebration of Motown coming early next year.

ejluther
12-07-2014, 11:49 AM
I caught this and loved seeing it - I still don't understand the cuts during Diana's speech that remove the shots of Berry...

tjl
12-07-2014, 07:29 PM
I'll have to check that out. I caught the 12am replay and didn't notice anything missing in that section.

ejluther
12-07-2014, 10:48 PM
In the edit I was always familiar with, we see more of Berry during her speech and when Diana raises her fist as SWBT begins, there was a cut of Berry putting his open hands up in response but that seems to have changed with the new release. Here is a clip of the sequence I was always used to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k0gaCYJgwo

luke
12-08-2014, 02:46 PM
I also miss the part where Pryor talks about the three fair maidens who laid the gold egg when introducing the Supremes!

Jimi LaLumia
12-08-2014, 03:37 PM
TJ did as great job as usual and, during the break , he did say 'Diane, Mary and Cindy'... how very 'in' is that?

Bokiluis
12-10-2014, 05:15 AM
I keep hoping that Motown/Universal will continue to partner with PBS like in February which is Black History Month. Why not air "T.C.B./G.I.T." Specials as their fundraiser for February. From an education standpoint, being a #1 Neilsen rating special with an all black cast is definitely historical. Unfortunately, it is already December and they probably have mapped out their fund raisers far in advance.
PBS clearly had success with airing "Central Park"-and it was a great lynchinpin to launch the commercial DVD. I guess maybe pitch it for June which is Black Music Month. PBS does well with these kinds of specials as fund drivers. They could even give away a trip to see the London/West End run of "Motown, the Musical" which would also promote the musical and set it up for its return to Broadway.

Jimi LaLumia
12-10-2014, 06:42 AM
now is the time to write/call to TImeLife/Star Vista about releasing "TCB/GIT" on the heels of the massive success of the current "Motown 25" best selling package..

thanxal
12-10-2014, 04:46 PM
In the edit I was always familiar with, we see more of Berry during her speech and when Diana raises her fist as SWBT begins, there was a cut of Berry putting his open hands up in response but that seems to have changed with the new release. Here is a clip of the sequence I was always used to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k0gaCYJgwo
I was very disappointed that wasn't in there. In general this set was disappointing on unreleased scenes. But overall I still like having it.