PDA

View Full Version : One-Der-Ful Collection

test

superlou
12-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Has anyone purchased the first volume of this collection? I've been debating but don't know much about the label [[other than the great name) or the quality of the music. Suggestions?

Amithesameboy
12-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Has anyone purchased the first volume of this collection? I've been debating but don't know much about the label [[other than the great name) or the quality of the music. Suggestions?

I have it and am very pleased. It is nicely packaged with a booklet including some great photos and there are also 12 unreleased tracks. The music is tough, early Chicago soul so don't get it if you are looking for sweet, heavily orchestrated Windy City soul as you won't find it !

tamla617
12-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Who can you compare it with? artist , particular record etc. I've seen this and was thinking about getting it too.

Amithesameboy
12-07-2014, 04:05 PM
Who can you compare it with? artist , particular record etc. I've seen this and was thinking about getting it too.

Simply go on You tube and listen to lots of tracks from the Secret Stash LP that are up there. e.g McKinley Mitchell "The town I live in "; Otis Clay "Nothing to look forward to"; Sharpees "Do the 45 " etc. etc.