PDA

View Full Version : ''Well boys and girls, it's Christmas time again. So........''

test

TomBairdFan
11-29-2014, 10:21 AM
Someone at Universal had the same idea as I did when they recently compiled all the Motown Christmas recordings for release as an Mp3 anthology. Over the past few months, I have also assembled a collection of every released Motown Christmas song - except I did it on CD, snapping up many of the ultra-cheap CDs that are available from Amazon for 1 cent and upwards. [[One of my first Motown LP's was STML11126, so my enjoyment of these tracks goes back a while!)
At Christmastime, I know that I'd much rather hold a personally signed Christmas card in my hand than read an e-mailed greeting or download an e-card.
Same applies to Motown Christmas songs: I want to open up a CD case, then pop the disc in the player and sit back to listen, sneaking a few glances at the inlay card to look at the photos; check out the credits. or read Claudette Robinson's Motown Christmas memories inside The Miracles' ''Our Very Best Christmas''.
Downloaders, you really are missing out. Happy Christmas listening!

Roberta75
11-29-2014, 12:50 PM
Someone at Universal had the same idea as I did when they recently compiled all the Motown Christmas recordings for release as an Mp3 anthology. Over the past few months, I have also assembled a collection of every released Motown Christmas song - except I did it on CD, snapping up many of the ultra-cheap CDs that are available from Amazon for 1 cent and upwards. [[One of my first Motown LP's was STML11126, so my enjoyment of these tracks goes back a while!)
At Christmastime, I know that I'd much rather hold a personally signed Christmas card in my hand than read an e-mailed greeting or download an e-card.
Same applies to Motown Christmas songs: I want to open up a CD case, then pop the disc in the player and sit back to listen, sneaking a few glances at the inlay card to look at the photos; check out the credits. or read Claudette Robinson's Motown Christmas memories inside The Miracles' ''Our Very Best Christmas''.

The First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves has a great Christmas Music cd for downloading and if y'all want some real good and real beautiful holiday music please buy this gem and lets put Miss Martha Reeves back on the charts where she belong.

You can click on this here link to sample and download.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/marthareeves1

Yours, with every good wish

roberta

woodward
11-29-2014, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=Roberta75;261286]The First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves has a great Christmas Music cd for downloading and if y'all want some real good and real beautiful holiday music please buy this gem and lets put Miss Martha Reeves back on the charts where she belong.

Not everyone in the world likes downloading. Why can't you use your influence and get this released by someone on a CD. I would love to buy it but downloading is not on my agenda. Use your influence with Martha.

Philles/Motown Gary
11-30-2014, 01:30 AM

I second that emotion!

soulster
11-30-2014, 01:34 AM
Your last bet is a turntable.

Roberta75
11-30-2014, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=Roberta75;261286]The First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves has a great Christmas Music cd for downloading and if y'all want some real good and real beautiful holiday music please buy this gem and lets put Miss Martha Reeves back on the charts where she belong.

Not everyone in the world likes downloading. Why can't you use your influence and get this released by someone on a CD. I would love to buy it but downloading is not on my agenda. Use your influence with Martha.

i don't have that much influences when it comes to the career and album releases of the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves. Ive met this great and gracious lady and correspondded with her but Im just a real big fan Woodward. I do know miss Reeves has a great Christmas Music cd out and if y'all want some real good and real beautiful holiday music I strongly suggest getting this holiday gem.

yours, with every good wish.

Roberta