PDA

View Full Version : Boyzone From Dublin to Detroit

test

paul_nixon
11-27-2014, 07:51 AM
Just got this new album to review and I haven't even opened the cellophane yet let alone listened to it and believe me I'm not sure that I relish doing it but let's leave that to one side for a minute.
What has gotten my goat is that whoever put this idea together surely [[and let's face it there are quite a few covers albums around at the minute) would have surely done their homework in order to choose the tracks....well I'm not sure they did.
Because this album features according to the press blurb the bands finest covers of Motown Hits and yes there are 11 of them including What Christmas Means To Me to keep it topical..
So here's the track listing

What becomes Of The Brokenhearted
Tracks Of My Tears
You Can't Hurry Love
This Old Heart Of Mine
Just My Imagination
Higher and Higher
I'm Doin' Fine Now
Reach Out [[I'll Be There)
The Tears Of Clown
Wherever I Lay My Hat
What Christmas Means To Me

No you can stretch Jackie Wilson - I guess at a push but New York City?
If you research it fully one of the members did at one time form part of the Moonglows but that is very tenuous. I'm prepared to be proved wrong but this is not as the press blurb says their 'updated classics from the Motown back catalogue'

jack020
11-27-2014, 08:18 AM
http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread.php?12936-Boyzone-Dublin-to-Detroit&highlight=boyzone

paul_nixon
11-27-2014, 08:43 AM
whoops my mistake

Glenpwood
11-27-2014, 12:06 PM
The cover of I'm Doin Fine Now is the best thing on it. Perhaps they should have dome a Philly collection instead