PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross & Harold Allen - unreleased RCA lp

test

sup_fan
11-22-2014, 11:25 AM
just got the expanded Diana Ross RCA cd's and was reading in the booklets [[Red Hot Rhythm & Blues) that after Harold Allen passed away, Diana recorded a tribute lp

anyone have any info on this? booklet says the songs include:

Over the Rainbow
It's Only a Paper Moon
Come Rain or Come Shine
Out of This World
I've Got the World on a String

says she recorded with a huge orchestra. would be a great lp to have released!

thommg
11-22-2014, 12:22 PM
just got the expanded Diana Ross RCA cd's and was reading in the booklets [[Red Hot Rhythm & Blues) that after Harold Arlen passed away, Diana recorded a tribute lp

anyone have any info on this? booklet says the songs include:

Over the Rainbow
It's Only a Paper Moon
Come Rain or Come Shine
Out of This World
I've Got the World on a String

says she recorded with a huge orchestra. would be a great lp to have released!

I can only imagine that the tracks still belong to Diana Ross. She would have been recording for her own company. Wouldn't this be a great companion piece to Blue? Both lost recordings of standards by Diana Ross - it would sell, I think. And I know you can't change the thread title but I adjusted his name in the quote - it's Harold Arlen.

sup_fan
11-22-2014, 12:51 PM
:) thanks. fingers got carried away while typing lol

yeah i'd think it would be a good one too. especially when we just had Rod Stewarts American Songbook set. frankly i thought a lot of the I Love You set sounded like it was recorded with a karaoke machine. i'd much prefer her with a full, live orchestra, as they state was done here

reese
11-22-2014, 07:08 PM
I recall Diana mentioning it on tv circa 1993. I think it might have recorded around the time she sang OVER THE RAINBOW on the Oscars, but I'm not sure.